Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Hopefully he makes the first few stops tonight to calm his nerves and the team plays as well in front of him as they do for Reimer.

vCash
    ^
    Loved the whole "Lost Net" Monster thing for a while now. Hasn't really seemed to catch on. What the hell eh! Hopefully it's just precautionary with Reimer like they're saying and he's back on the horse next game. We need that man in the lineup. I'd love to see Scrivens get a chance, but that'd probably mean Lost Net gets pulled and that won't make for a pretty game. For now it's all Monster. He's gotta put it together so we don't have to trade away a pick or something later in the season for some secondary goaltending.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post
    ^
    Loved the whole "Lost Net" Monster thing for a while now. Hasn't really seemed to catch on. What the hell eh! Hopefully it's just precautionary with Reimer like they're saying and he's back on the horse next game. We need that man in the lineup. I'd love to see Scrivens get a chance, but that'd probably mean Lost Net gets pulled and that won't make for a pretty game. For now it's all Monster. He's gotta put it together so we don't have to trade away a pick or something later in the season for some secondary goaltending.
    I came up with that name his first year when he got shelled...one of my buddies was bragging how good he is going to be and is of Scottish decent...I had a beer too many and told him the Monster sucked and should be called "The Lost Net Monster"...I've called him that since then

vCash
    I had a feeling that Reimer would miss one, maybe 2 games. I would like to see the Leafs give Scrivens a start.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    I doubt the Lefas start scrivens. It would be a huge blow to Lost Nettie's confidence and if Scrivens played well the Leafs would be in a bind deciding what to do with him. I hope he spends the year in the AHL and gets 70% of the starts. Lost Nettie won't be a Leaf next year with Scrivens looking to break into the NHL

vCash
    It's time to start shopping for a veteran backup...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SirMichael View Post
    It's time to start shopping for a veteran backup...
    waste of time when Scrivens is in the system and other positions need to be filled
    JAYS RAPSLEAFSRAIDERS

(disclaimer:
    All opinions are just out of my head and in no way can be taken as fact until they happen
    )

vCash
    It's tough to just thrust Scrivens into the backup role full time considering he has very little big league experience outside of the preseason. You still can't write the Monster off yet, but dude's on a leash for sure. I think if Jonas doesn't pull up his socks in a month or so we may look to a vet.

vCash
    Sorry to post back 2 back. I'm still not writing off Gustavsson, but if he does falter what and who would exactly be our backup options?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post
    Sorry to post back 2 back. I'm still not writing off Gustavsson, but if he does falter what and who would exactly be our backup options?
    If if isn't a backup from within I'd go out and get someone like Hedberg, capable of starting but with Brodeur getting older who knows how many games they plan on playing him. Or maybe Biron.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by halladaymvp View Post
    If if isn't a backup from within I'd go out and get someone like Hedberg, capable of starting but with Brodeur getting older who knows how many games they plan on playing him. Or maybe Biron.
    You just named the 2 most untouchable backups in the league with virtually no depth behind them. The guy you'd be stuck with would probably be someone like Turco, someone who doesn't have a job right now.

Henrik Karlsson from Calgary is probably a guy who is obtainable. Joni Ortio is probably their real goalie of the future and he looks close to ready. Maybe they let Ortio backup the second half of the season after they give up on Karlsson. Karlsson is kind of in a similar boat to Gustavsson though.

The other one available will be Antero Niittymaki. He makes 2 million and with Greiss playing the way he is and with Niemi locked in as the starter, they will be begging to get rid of Niitty when he comes back from injury. In fact, he probably ends up on waivers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by McJoe View Post
    You just named the 2 most untouchable backups in the league with virtually no depth behind them. The guy you'd be stuck with would probably be someone like Turco, someone who doesn't have a job right now.

Henrik Karlsson from Calgary is probably a guy who is obtainable. Joni Ortio is probably their real goalie of the future and he looks close to ready. Maybe they let Ortio backup the second half of the season after they give up on Karlsson. Karlsson is kind of in a similar boat to Gustavsson though.

The other one available will be Antero Niittymaki. He makes 2 million and with Greiss playing the way he is and with Niemi locked in as the starter, they will be begging to get rid of Niitty when he comes back from injury. In fact, he probably ends up on waivers.
    Assuming we don't give up Jonas in return.

vCash
    Scrivens is still with the Leafs on the road. Is he just there as a precaution?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tito Santana View Post
    Scrivens is still with the Leafs on the road. Is he just there as a precaution?
    They don't know if Reimer will be ready for Thursday. Gustavsson might get a 2nd straight start.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12