Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Connolly's Injury Worse Than Feared

TORONTO - Tim Connolly's injury is worse than initially feared.

The 30-year-old centre revealed the news following a short skate at the Mastercard Centre on Thursday.

"I don't really know if it's day-to-day to now," said Connolly, who has yet to play a regular season game with the Leafs this season. "It may a little bit longer, but I can't really speculate. I can't just give you a guess of how long it's going to be. I'd like to just to give you guys some more information, but whether it's a week or two weeks before I'm playing I couldn't tell you."

Injured at practice on September 26th, Connolly was initially deemed to be day-to-day with an unspecified upper-body injury. After taking a week off from practice, he returned to light participation on October 4th, but was unable to take contact and saw the injury progressively stall. He failed to complete a practice in its entirety this week.

"That's what I did initially," he explained, "just took a few days [off] right away [and the] swelling went down, pain level went down. Then got back out there and thought it would just be pain tolerance. But it was pretty severe and that's when we realized it was going to take a little bit longer so I had to back off some of the shooting and puck-handling and even grinding up against the boards, things like that."

Connolly denied speculation that the injury was related to either his head or neck, but declined to reveal the true nature of the malady for fear of targeting on the ice. He also rejected any notion of surgery being required.

Signed to a two-year deal worth $9.5 million this summer, the Syracuse native failed to dress in either of the Leafs first two regular season games. He was projected to play alongside Joffrey Lupul and star sniper Phil Kessel in a front-line role, but Connolly has rarely seen even practice time with the duo.

The Leafs play six games in a ten-night stretch beginning on Saturday against Calgary, making his return any time soon very unlikely.

"It depends the days," concluded Ron Wilson. "Are days on Mars longer? Right? In terms of hours? He's as far as I'm concerned day-to-day and when he's ready to play we'll let you know."

Interestingly, Connolly's checkered injury past only began to take shape after the lockout. In fact, from 1999-2000 until 2002-2003, he played in 325 games, tied for second-most in the NHL. Since that point though, he's played in only 302 games, 453rd most in that span.
    http://www.tsn.ca/toronto/blogs/jonas_siegel/?id=378001

vCash
    Anyone surprised? As much as I like Connolly, he's just too injury prone. There's a reason why Steckel was aquired.

vCash
    I'd kind of like them to tell us what exactly it is though...like all we know is that its a shoulder injury. How come no one checked this out? What could possibly be wrong that they wouldn't have found right away?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Anyone surprised? As much as I like Connolly, he's just too injury prone. There's a reason why Steckel was aquired.
    not surprised no but i expected connolly to be injured in the season not pul a leclaire. Also i thought steckel was aquired to be there 4th line center/crazy faceoff man so it would help them win important draws and improve there pk? correct me if im wrong

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SensandRaps View Post
    not surprised no but i expected connolly to be injured in the season not pul a leclaire. Also i thought steckel was aquired to be there 4th line center/crazy faceoff man so it would help them win important draws and improve there pk? correct me if im wrong
    One of the reasons they signed Connolly is because he is solid on the draw and good on the PK. Steckel replaces those 2 aspects, Lombardi being healthy helps replace his offence. Steckel doesn't replace Connolly but he helps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by McJoe View Post
    One of the reasons they signed Connolly is because he is solid on the draw and good on the PK. Steckel replaces those 2 aspects, Lombardi being healthy helps replace his offence. Steckel doesn't replace Connolly but he helps.
    oh i thought steckel was brought in because you guys werent satisfied with dupuis as your 4th line center

connolly
    grabovski
    lombardi/bozak
    steckel

vCash
    wow what a joke
    Jesus' weed dealer

vCash
    no idea why he was signed, every season he's injured. toronto needs a center so they bring in one who hasn't played a full season in years. guess this solves a few line issues.
    lupul bosak kessel
    mac gabs kulemin
    kadri lombardi army
    brown steckel frattin/orr

?

vCash
    Son of a *****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SensandRaps View Post
    It allows Bozak to move up too.

vCash
    the guy doesn't even play a single regular season game and still ends up getting injured! I guess bringing the label 'Tiny Tim' was a part of that 2 year $9 million contract

vCash
    well as long as he isnt as bad for you guys as leclaire was for the sens you should get something from him when he plays

vCash
    Yeah I gotta say that while this bothers me, its not like we should have actually expected this guy to play 82 games.

The Chad Pennington of hockey.

vCash
    Tim Glass Connolly

Favourite UFC Fighters
    HW - Cain Velasquez
    LHW - Lyoto Machida
    MW - Vitor Belfort
    WW - Georges St-Pierre
    LW - Anthony Pettis

vCash
    What a jerk this guy is.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast