Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    what would the asking price be on raymond? like what would the nucks want in return?

vCash
    Love that we got Booth, Gillis finally trades for a bonafide top 6, to play with Kesler. Not sure what will happen with Hodgson, could be another trade in the works, unless he plays the wing on the 3rd line with Malholtra and Hansen?

My guess?:

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
    Booth - Kesler - Higgins
    Hansen/Raymond - Malhotra - Hodgson
    Volpatti - Lapierre - Weiss

Looks pretty darn good to me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NUCK-U View Post
    Love that we got Booth, Gillis finally trades for a bonafide top 6, to play with Kesler. Not sure what will happen with Hodgson, could be another trade in the works, unless he plays the wing on the 3rd line with Malholtra and Hansen?

My guess?:

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
    Booth - Kesler - Higgins
    Hansen/Raymond - Malhotra - Hodgson
    Volpatti - Lapierre - Weiss

Looks pretty darn good to me
    Maybe he was bonafide before his concussions. Right now he's a risk. You know he was playing on FLAs third line under Dineen right?

vCash
    The other huge issue is the negative domino effect this will have on prospect development on this team. Sure, win now while the window is open, but frankly the last three lines are a mess, and I'm not sure they're Stanley Cup worthy anyway. Does Booth fix all this? Is he so good that we should ditch the future in a player like Hodgson? Did I want a top 6 guy? Yes. A healthy one. Is it all Booth's fault? Absolutely not. But moving Higgins over to the RW and dropping Cody just further confirms that Hodgson can't catch a break from this franchise. And all for a question mark solution. Hopefully it works out that we see Cody's development and Booth regains something close to the promise he had before. Remember, he was never great, just above average.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SensandRaps View Post
    what would the asking price be on raymond? like what would the nucks want in return?
    At this rate, probably a draft pick. Raymond doesn't have as much value anymore since his contract is expiring and he's a major health risk.
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Maybe he was bonafide before his concussions. Right now he's a risk. You know he was playing on FLAs third line under Dineen right?
    He did score 23 last year. of course, one more brutal headshot will probably end his career, but he was apparently fine last year.
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

vCash
    First off I like this trade, although I will miss Sammys shot on the PP. Wasn't Booth playing a style tht didnt fit him in Florida? I thought their coach was playing them slow on the boards, when his strength s on the rush. I think he will do fine here.

As of right now, I put Higgins on the 2nd line, He's been very consistent and has earned it over Hodgson imo.

vCash
    I have never been a huge fan of Hodgson, sure he's a very talented player and he's accomplished a a lot in juniors and the AHL, but I also look at the Oilers youth (Hall, Eberle, Paajarvi, Omark, Nugent-Hopkins), most, if not all of them are better than Hodgson, or developing quicker anyway. Fortunately, the Canucks are rich at centre and in their top 6. So, where does this leave Hodgson? If anything, they should be looking at beefing up their D, as it's only a matter of time before Salo goes down (knock on wood). Just my opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NUCK-U View Post
    I have never been a huge fan of Hodgson, sure he's a very talented player and he's accomplished a a lot in juniors and the AHL, but I also look at the Oilers youth (Hall, Eberle, Paajarvi, Omark, Nugent-Hopkins), most, if not all of them are better than Hodgson, or developing quicker anyway. Fortunately, the Canucks are rich at centre and in their top 6. So, where does this leave Hodgson? If anything, they should be looking at beefing up their D, as it's only a matter of time before Salo goes down (knock on wood). Just my opinion.
    I hear what you're saying but Hodgson has not really been given the time he needs in a top 6 role. You can easily waste a player like that if you're not willing to let him develop through his mistakes. Again, no wonder our development program is disparaged the way it is league-wide. Already this year Cody had made huge strides over last year. If they don't want the guy, they should just move him. Watch him come back to bite them in the *** later in his career though.

btw, Booth's numbers are only marginally better than Raymond's.

Raymond - 0.22 0.28 0.50
    Booth - 0.28 0.26 0.54

I question Gillis' idea of "bonafide" top 6. The guy is only a marginal upgrade AND he's a health risk.

Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping for the best, but this is yet another underwhelming move.

Ironically they moved Sturm for him, and I just about choked when I heard that was Gillis' big off-season signing. These are not great moves, just shifting hopefuls around the league. Steve Bernier anyone?
    Last edited by ink; 10-24-2011 at 04:09 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    At this rate, probably a draft pick. Raymond doesn't have as much value anymore since his contract is expiring and he's a major health risk.
    would a 3rd rounder suffice? the senators need all the help they can get and i think its worth a shot to see if raymond could recover or not

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    I hear what you're saying but Hodgson has not really been given the time he needs in a top 6 role. You can easily waste a player like that if you're not willing to let him develop through his mistakes. Again, no wonder our development program is disparaged the way it is league-wide. Already this year Cody had made huge strides over last year. If they don't want the guy, they should just move him. Watch him come back to bite them in the *** later in his career though.

btw, Booth's numbers are only marginally better than Raymond's.

Raymond - 0.22 0.28 0.50
    Booth - 0.28 0.26 0.54

I question Gillis' idea of "bonafide" top 6. The guy is only a marginal upgrade AND he's a health risk.

Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping for the best, but this is yet another underwhelming move.

Ironically they moved Sturm for him, and I just about choked when I heard that was Gillis' big off-season signing. These are not great moves, just shifting hopefuls around the league. Steve Bernier anyone?
    Just be glad we didn't move Schneider for him. Gillis did well to acquire him for basically 0 production.
    #3in5

<3

vCash
    would a 3rd rounder suffice? the senators need all the help they can get and i think its worth a shot to see if raymond could recover or not
    I'd think that's a fair deal. With the Booth acquisition there really isn't any room for Raymond this year or next.
    #3in5

<3

vCash
    Just be glad we didn't move Schneider for him. Gillis did well to acquire him for basically 0 production.
    Yeah I love the deal. Think some ppl are being a bit over-critical. We got a good young player that's played on a ****** team his whole career and had a career threatening inj 2 years ago or w.e. it was that de-railed him for a bit. He showed he can score more then 30 goals and in the season he did he had 60 points in 72 games which is pretty ****ing good.....

He's young he's got size and he's in a much better system and is going to be playing with much better players now. We got rid of two old guys at the end of there careers for booth, reinphrict and a 3rd rounder and that's pretty good imo. Booth now really has a chance to succeed, he can easily become that top 6 fw we've been looking for for so long. If it doesn't work we have lot's of options but I really think it will considering he's played with kesler in minor hockey and olympic and he's just in such a better situation now.
    Last edited by ~Colt.45~; 10-24-2011 at 04:31 PM.
    Cause Day N Nite...

vCash
    I'd think that's a fair deal. With the Booth acquisition there really isn't any room for Raymond this year or next.
    any idea on how much raymond would resign for?

vCash
    any idea on how much raymond would resign for?
    Well he's making 2.55M this season, and that's one he's injured for. He's a RFA in the off-season, so I'd assume somewhere around 2 years, 4-4.5M total

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast