Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    I'm not sure if you were watching today but CoHo was benched for being ****** in both ends.
    Yeah that really shows Gillis and AV's commitment to developing young talent doesn't it??? hahaha. No wonder we're ranked something like 26th or lower in future prospects.

AV: Well Cody, you got two games on Kesler's wing to prove yourself and now you're done.

Gillis: Yup, the experiment's over. We're picking up your replacement today.

CH: Thanks boss. I really appreciate your patience. Please send me to the minors where my value can depreciate quickly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Alain V loves Higgins on that 2nd line. He basically said Booth/Kesler/Higgins will be the 2nd line. That leaves Cody in a bind. He's not a 3rd line player. He doesn't have anything to prove in the AHL.
    And I doubt Vancouver would want to bring in another top six forward either. You're fine on defense for now, and you obviously don't need another goaltender. I'd run this for a game or so..

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
    Booth - Hodgson - Kesler
    Higgins - Malhotra/Max - Hansen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    And I doubt Vancouver would want to bring in another top six forward either. You're fine on defense for now, and you obviously don't need another goaltender. I'd run this for a game or so..

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
    Booth - Hodgson - Kesler
    Higgins - Malhotra/Max - Hansen
    That's what every vancouver van would love to see.

Here's Botchford's take on this situation:

No reason for Cody hodgson to go anywhere. He can take ebb's spot on 3rd line. Maybe even malhotra's. Along w chances to return to 2nd line

Personally, I'd like to see, at some point, booth-hodgson-kesler but that has no chance of happening
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Hodgson is a guy who will likely struggle on the third line. If he's not playing on the second or first line, it's pointless really. If he was on the third line with Mason Raymond, then that would be completely different.

When does Mason Raymond return?

vCash
    I think CoHo on the 3rd line can just add more scoring depth and be a positive. Hansen and Max are good enough to way forwards to cover for CoHo in his own end, and Hansen and Max are pretty good on the rush.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Hodgson is a guy who will likely struggle on the third line. If he's not playing on the second or first line, it's pointless really. If he was on the third line with Mason Raymond, then that would be completely different.

When does Mason Raymond return?
    You're repeating what we already know. It's unfortunate Vigneault continues to be oblivious to this. Higgins is a perfect 3rd line player, while Hodgson needs to be in a scoring role to thrive.

As for Raymond, he's skating i think. Likely out till 2012, though.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    this is bs that you got booth for that cheap lol it adds a lot of talent to your team and if you can have a second unit of kesler with booth thats just not fair. i can already picture you guys finding another sucker to get an upgrade on higgins

vCash
    Maybe Florida will send us Versteeg for him.

<3

vCash
    ^^pretty much although versteeg only seems to play well in none pressure situations so not sure if that would work out.

maybe someone like whitney from the yotes or flieschmann from the panthers(your ahl team haha)

vCash
    Higgins will not be traded though. GM loves him, Coach loves him. Kesler loves him.

I liked GMMG's comments regarding the trade: We wanted to get a top 6 for Ryan Kesler.

<3

vCash
    The trade seems very one sided. Canucks win out huge on the talent aspect. I believe FLA was content dumping Booth's long term deal and pick up 2 contracts that expire after this season. Booth needs to return to form or we're screwed with another big $ contract.

I'm not too worried about CoHo. He's developing but is not the guy on line 2 yet. The Canucks window to win it all is closing and they need to set the lineup for right now and the near future. We can't worry too much about CoHo but hopefully he fits on line 2. He should centre the second PP unit too.

I like the trade but there is some risk and we're crowded up front. Things get even a bit more messed up when Raymond gets back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurtin' M's Fan View Post
    The trade seems very one sided. Canucks win out huge on the talent aspect. I believe FLA was content dumping Booth's long term deal and pick up 2 contracts that expire after this season. Booth needs to return to form or we're screwed with another big $ contract.

I'm not too worried about CoHo. He's developing but is not the guy on line 2 yet. The Canucks window to win it all is closing and they need to set the lineup for right now and the near future. We can't worry too much about CoHo but hopefully he fits on line 2. He should centre the second PP unit too.

I like the trade but there is some risk and we're crowded up front. Things get even a bit more messed up when Raymond gets back.
    Raymond at his best is barely Samuelsson at his worst.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    You seem to forget how bad Samuelsson at his worst is...

vCash
    Raymond is useless in the playoffs. He's good on the PK though, but then Sammy is good on the PP, so that evens out.

Raymond probbly won't even return this year. It's best that he sits out.

<3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Yeah I don't know about that. Raymond had a bad season last year but was solid the year before. He is little and not gritty although he is fairly tall; he plays very small. I think this is the last year of his contract and unless he takes a big pay cut, it might be best to let him go. He does have some skill, awesome speed and is young so I hope we don't give up on him at this point. I don't know if he will turn into a Grabner but you never know.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast