Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Yeah i was bout to say 2.3-2.4 sounds about right.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Colt.45~ View Post
    Yeah I love the deal. Think some ppl are being a bit over-critical. We got a good young player that's played on a ****** team his whole career and had a career threatening inj 2 years ago or w.e. it was that de-railed him for a bit. He showed he can score more then 30 goals and in the season he did he had 60 points in 72 games which is pretty ****ing good.....

He's young he's got size and he's in a much better system and is going to be playing with much better players now. We got rid of two old guys at the end of there careers for booth, reinphrict and a 3rd rounder and that's pretty good imo. Booth now really has a chance to succeed, he can easily become that top 6 fw we've been looking for for so long. If it doesn't work we have lot's of options but I really think it will considering he's played with kesler in minor hockey and olympic and he's just in such a better situation now.
    "Can easily become" is not the same as a "bonafide" top 6 player. That's one of the points. Development inconsistencies with this franchise is another point. The third point is that it would be great to see a deal that involved the pick up of an ACTUAL bonafide player, not a "maybe, if he is OK and he performs completely differently on this team than the one he was demoted to the third line on" kind of deal. Look at his GPG, APG, and PPG stats and compare them with Mason Raymond's. Is Raymond a "bonafide" top 6 player?

I'd be happy to see him fill the void we have on the Helicopter line, but at what cost when our top prospect gets shuttled off to waste away on the 3rd/4th line?
    Last edited by ink; 10-24-2011 at 10:00 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    "Can easily become" is not the same as a "bonafide" top 6 player. That's one of the points. Development inconsistencies with this franchise is another point. The third point is that it would be great to see a deal that involved the pick up of an ACTUAL bonafide player, not a "maybe, if he is OK and he performs completely differently on this team than the one he was demoted to the third line on" kind of deal. Look at his GPG, APG, and PPG stats and compare them with Mason Raymond's. Is Raymond a "bonafide" top 6 player?

I'd be happy to see him fill the void we have on the Helicopter line, but at what cost when our top prospect gets shuttled off to waste away on the 3rd/4th line?
    But the thing is ink is even if we did get a "bonafide" top 6 fw there's still that chance that the guy still doesn't succeed here. You see it all the time teams trading a bunch for a big player then it becomes a bust. The thing thats better about getting booth is he's still developing, we didn't trade much to get him, we got a 3rd round pick back which you never know what that can turn out to be and he can grow into the canucks and turn into the type of player we have wanted and needed. And he's already shown what he can do. And no raymond isnt a bonafide top 6 fw but you can't really compare him to booth since booth has played on a much much much ******** team then the canucks his whole career. Actually I would say booth is a bonafide top 6 players because looking at his stats he seems to do 50 + points and thats what 2nd line players usually do just booth has shown he can put it in the net un-like raymond. I don't think raymond has yet to do that.

I know your mostly upset that it seems cody is going to the 3rd line now but who really knows. Vigneaut is always changing the bottom 3 lines. And really idk if it will or would ever work with cody here. We have our 4 centers locked up basically and he's playing in a position he's not used to playing so yeah I just dk if it will or ever would work here. It sucks but its the reality but again who knows vigneaut is always changing up the bottom 3 lines.

But yee we can keep going at it all day but the point is we got him, be happy for what we got there's a very good chance this works out given age, type of player, and our team and style. We got rid of 2 players that are basically done a 3rd rounder and a depth guy if we ever need him. We have a whole season to go, who knows what happens. If things go wrong we can easisly make another trade with the assets we have. I know our team is in a better place then it was before the trade and I know since gillis has came we have been in a much, much, much better place so I'd take it easy on him cause this team had the potential to go to **** a couple years ago...
    Last edited by ~Colt.45~; 10-24-2011 at 11:51 PM.
    Cause Day N Nite...

vCash
    But the thing is ink is even if we did get a "bonafide" top 6 fw there's still that chance that the guy still doesn't succeed here. You see it all the time teams trading a bunch for a big player then it becomes a bust. The thing thats better about getting booth is he's still developing, we didn't trade much to get him, we got a 3rd round pick back which you never know what that can turn out to be and he can grow into the canucks and turn into the type of player we have wanted and needed. And he's already shown what he can do. And no raymond isnt a bonafide top 6 fw but you can't really compare him to booth since booth has played on a much much much ******** team then the canucks his whole career. Actually I would say booth is a bonafide top 6 players because looking at his stats he seems to do 50 + points and thats what 2nd line players usually do just booth has shown he can put it in the net un-like raymond. I don't think raymond has yet to do that.

I know your mostly upset that it seems cody is going to the 3rd line now but who really knows. Vigneaut is always changing the bottom 3 lines. And really idk if it will or would ever work with cody here. We have our 4 centers locked up basically and he's playing in a position he's not used to playing so yeah I just dk if it will or ever would work here. It sucks but its the reality but again who knows vigneaut is always changing up the bottom 3 lines.

But yee we can keep going at it all day but the point is we got him, be happy for what we got there's a very good chance this works out given age, type of player, and our team and style. We got rid of 2 players that are basically done a 3rd rounder and a depth guy if we ever need him. We have a whole season to go, who knows what happens. If things go wrong we can easisly make another trade with the assets we have. I know our team is in a better place then it was before the trade and I know since gillis has came we have been in a much, much, much better place so I'd take it easy on him cause this team had the potential to go to **** a couple years ago...
    I totally hear what you're saying. My point is that a lot of people lay all the blame for the Canucks' failure in the finals last year at Luongo's feet. I think the problem is that we are just too easy to stop offensively. The Sedins do not do well under the intense checking you see in a finals and that puts a TON of pressure on the second line to produce. We don't have that second line to keep the other team honest. I have been hoping for Gillis to make an impact trade not pick up someone who might be OK.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    I totally hear what you're saying. My point is that a lot of people lay all the blame for the Canucks' failure in the finals last year at Luongo's feet. I think the problem is that we are just too easy to stop offensively. The Sedins do not do well under the intense checking you see in a finals and that puts a TON of pressure on the second line to produce. We don't have that second line to keep the other team honest. I have been hoping for Gillis to make an impact trade not pick up someone who might be OK.
    Yee I totally agree with you on that front. It definatly was our offence and our 2nd line why we lost. We just couldn't score. Hopefully booth can net a good 30 this year and be better then ok. I know though that we're gonna make another somewhat significant move though. But yee we'll see how it plays out I really hope booth can be what he can be but we shall see.
    Cause Day N Nite...

vCash
    The thing with this trade is it seems Gillis is more taking a chance on a high potential player as opposed to trading more for a proven player. Booth by all means is and should be a 2nd line player but he also has not proven he can play at the level as some other 2nd line player. This trade reminds me a lot of the trade the Blue Jays made for Colby Rasmus. Taking a chance on a young player who has potential to be better than what he has proven and needs a change of scenery without really giving anything up of value.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    The thing with this trade is it seems Gillis is more taking a chance on a high potential player as opposed to trading more for a proven player. Booth by all means is and should be a 2nd line player but he also has not proven he can play at the level as some other 2nd line player. This trade reminds me a lot of the trade the Blue Jays made for Colby Rasmus. Taking a chance on a young player who has potential to be better than what he has proven and needs a change of scenery without really giving anything up of value.
    I am really hoping he's better than Colby Rasmus. He's a good example but that's the thing: I thought the rationale was to win now and that's why we made the deal and bumped Cody off the second line. Rasmus had a pretty awful few months with the Jays didn't he?

I realize it's not an easy thing to acquire top 6 talent. I just want it to work out for the team and I don't get what they're doing with their top prospects. Hopefully Booth works out well with Kesler as everyone thinks he will.

vCash
    Yee I totally agree with you on that front. It definatly was our offence and our 2nd line why we lost. We just couldn't score. Hopefully booth can net a good 30 this year and be better then ok. I know though that we're gonna make another somewhat significant move though. But yee we'll see how it plays out I really hope booth can be what he can be but we shall see.
    I think they have to be looking for a defenceman for the PP. They need a shot, especially since they gave up Samuelsson. I know he wasn't the greatest now at his age, but with Ehrhoff gone and Sammy gone, their PP is pretty depleted.

Problem with bringing in another offensive D man is that pushes Ballard back off the charts.
    Last edited by ink; 10-25-2011 at 12:28 PM.

vCash
    I'm thinking that it's time to trade Hodgson. he probably has immense value and we're just wasting his talents right now. Either play him or line 2 or get rid of him.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    I would like Booth to start wearing an orange helmet so I can find him on the ice. I know he's new but I haven't really seen any scoring touch or much that we couldn't get from Mason. In fact I'm still concerned that we overpaid for a Mason v2.0 when we needed a bonafide winger for Kesler.

I do understand that it's early, and I do understand that Kesler is not up to speed yet, but we needed a player with a shot, a player who had the ability to change the pace of the game. Basically a Higgins with more skill.

vCash
    I noticed Booth in his very first Canucks game but only a couple times since then. His first game I though he was awesome. He was forechecking really well and making a lot of good plays. But since then he seems a little non existent. Somewhat very disappointing. I hope he finds his game soon and can be the legit scorer we need.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    I noticed Booth in his very first Canucks game but only a couple times since then. His first game I though he was awesome. He was forechecking really well and making a lot of good plays. But since then he seems a little non existent. Somewhat very disappointing. I hope he finds his game soon and can be the legit scorer we need.
    Definitely on the same page here. I like Booth and hope he gets it together. Same with Kesler, coming back from injury.

vCash
    I believe the Canucks are gonna go hard after weber. I would offer up hodgson + bieksa + 1st or something similar. I don't want to give up bieksa but they wouldn't take Ballard and I want to keep edler/hamhuis. This is prob a pipe dream but I can dream.

vCash
    Looks like CLB has started their firesale... is there anything on that roster that we could use?

<3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Looks like CLB has started their firesale... is there anything on that roster that we could use?
    Huselius and Umberger I guess

Vermette if they'd trade him

Nash is a pipe dream.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast