Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Province: Canucks draft pick Alex Friesen signs, could help solve centre issues

Canucks were excited enough about Alex Friesen to sign him to an entry-level contract today. Speculation is that he could be the third line C the team is looking for. Not sure what this means for next year, but Friesen will be given a good look by MacTavish and the Wolves.

The development of Friesen is encouraging because the Canucks need depth at centre.

After a big franchise miss on Patrick White as the 25th overall pick in 2007, the Gillis regime went for Cody Hodgson as the 10th overall pick in 2008 and Jordan Schroeder as the 22nd selection in 2009.

Hodgson was dealt to Buffalo at the trade deadline in February and the jury is out on whether the diminutive Schroeder can turn a 21-goal AHL season into an NHL job.

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Ca...#ixzz1wUWEi4ox
    http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Ca...193/story.html

vCash
    Not a huge fan honestly...Unless they plan on plugging Maxim on the 2nd line while Kes is gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    Not a huge fan honestly...Unless they plan on plugging Maxim on the 2nd line while Kes is gone.
    I think they're looking at him as a long term option.

vCash
    3rd line C next year? that would allow us to put our assets elsewhere since a 3rd line C was one of the things that the team would supposedly shop for.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Don't really know a whole lot about him, except he's small by NHL standards (5'9" 190 lbs)

vCash
    Yay! I have mentioned him a few times in our prospects thread. I watched some videos on him a while back. Looks like a solid player despite being undersized. I would love to see him make the team and succeed.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NUCK-U View Post
    Don't really know a whole lot about him, except he's small by NHL standards (5'9" 190 lbs)
    From what I've read he seems like a gritty guy who can provide some offense.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NUCK-U View Post
    Think Peca with less offence