Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Burmistrov wants out

Burmistrov has made it clear that he wants out of Winnipeg. Not that I care much, but it seems some fans with other teams feel its just the beginning of players wanting out of Winnipeg because of the city itself. These people are idiots,...aren't they????????????
    Do you see this as a possible trend even though Pavelec, Kane, Ladd and Enstrom all signed long term extensions , or is this a case of a player who thinks he's better than he is or has he not been given a fair chance by Noel.

Thoughts!

vCash
    A young skilled Russian not playing in an overly offensive market and given a chance to perform in the top six because the team is contending.. Hmm. Can't say I'm overly surprised, but I do like Alexander Burmistrov. If he does request a trade, which I haven't paid much attention to, then it's on him. He's got value.

Winnipeg is an interesting team. No legit superstars. Same core as Atlanta pretty much. Better hockey market. I think Winnipeg will start contending, and won't max out here. I do think the likes of Evander Kane are happy in Winnipeg, and pumped about the move to the Western Conference.

vCash
    I had not heard he was pressing for a move at the TD. Just 21, but already 3 years in the league. Atlanta rushed these guys in as soon as they drafted them, add Kane and Bogosian to that list. They weren't ready, and now Burm. wants to be a regular elsewhere.
    Good luck to him, but don't just give him away. 21 and some skills that need addressing over the next couple years could be a legit 3rd line centre, but not in Winnipeg!

vCash
    Burm wasn't ready. You can make the case for Kane.

vCash
    Hate to see them give up on a 21 year old who just was rushed in before he was ready. But its his choice, just wonder if there is more to the problems between him and Noel. Hard to believe Burm. is mature enough at this point to know what is best for him.

vCash
    meh, ship him out. I don't think he'll ever top out more than a 3rd line center. Too small

vCash
    I think he really thinks he is better than he is. Kid can skate for miles, but he hasn't a clue where to go. Bad coaching or just being thrown into the bigs to appease Thrashers fans instead of sending him back for a couple years to develop. I'm sure glad the Jets did that with Schf. as it looks like the 2 extra years really has helped him.

And with this lock out it gave Trouba an extra year to develop. These 2 come in as 20 year olds with better growth both physically and mentally, than a Burmistrov who was the deer in the headlights at 18.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wagnall View Post
    I think he really thinks he is better than he is. Kid can skate for miles, but he hasn't a clue where to go. Bad coaching or just being thrown into the bigs to appease Thrashers fans instead of sending him back for a couple years to develop. I'm sure glad the Jets did that with Schf. as it looks like the 2 extra years really has helped him.

And with this lock out it gave Trouba an extra year to develop. These 2 come in as 20 year olds with better growth both physically and mentally, than a Burmistrov who was the deer in the headlights at 18.
    I would Package Burmistrov and Big Buff , Or Burmistrov and Enstrom depending on which defencemen the team thinks they should keep, for a top six forward for Kane to play with.

vCash
    Buff seems to need Enstrom and vice versa, But Enstrom has the longer contract, but Buff is the bigger impact player, he and Burm I think gets us even a top 3 forward.

vCash
    So What Team would do this trade and what player do you see as the top 3 foward coming to Winnipeg?

vCash
    Have to think about that . Also have to way out which teams maybe be shedding some salary to hit the new cap.