Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolvesjagsfan10 View Post
    Why do ESPN and FSN show what our records are than, why not just go by points? I understand you needa go by wins and losses too, but why not show how many points the team has as well? How many do normal playoff teams usually have? Not sure if you know just thought id ask.
    They show the record because it is important for a fan to know...if they showed points, I would have no idea how to tell if the team was good or not unless it was towards the end of the season because i wouldnt have known how many games they played. I know FSN shows both points and record, im not sure about ESPN though.

An NHL team will need over 100 points to have the top seed in the playoffs. A team needs around 90 points to hope for at least the 8th spot.

the point system is very flawed, but what it does is keeps almost every team in the playoff chase, which generates more interest for the sport. The Wild have been very fortunate to have the point system this far into the season as well, as they have a couple OT losses, but they are still rewarded that one point.

vCash
    Yeah. Definetely. Thanks man, starting to understand it a bit more.

vCash
    good win last night still need to start putting the puck in the net though

vCash
    also wolvesjagsfan if two teams are tied at the end of the season in points the team who has the most wins will make the playoffs or get the higher seed

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123