Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 285
  1. #211
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    11,732
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post
    BigGuy fail!

    But then he deleted it
    you should have quoted it then! YOU FAILED!

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    22,652
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    second of all: this would be a lot better than what were getting from "fat alberto" just saying
    Callaspo has been bad over the last month or so

    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    you should have quoted it then! YOU FAILED!


    I was going to merge it to the game thread, but he deleted before I could
    __________________________________._________

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    11,732
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post
    Callaspo has been bad over the last month or so





    I was going to merge it to the game thread, but he deleted before I could
    i don't want your excuse mike scioscia!

    also, as far as callaspo is concerned,he has one more year before free agency, maybe we can trade him to a team that needs help at 3rd (most of them) for bull pen help, either on waivers or in the off season, then call up jimenez and let him hold it down until cowart is ready!
    Last edited by ciaban; 08-02-2012 at 03:12 AM.

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    22,652
    vCash
    1500
    Triple-A L 3-7

    LF Crowe 1-3 1 R 1 BB 1 SB (4) 2 K .230
    CF Calhoun 0-3 1 R 1 BB 1 SB (12) .300
    DH Langerhans 1-3 1 RBI 1 BB 1 K .264
    3B Jimenez 1-4 1 SB (14) 2 K .311
    1B Navarro 0-4 1 K .294
    C Hester 0-4 2 K .194
    RF Aldridge 1-3 1 HR (12) 1 RBI 1 R 2 K .214
    SS Lucas 1-3 1 K .255
    2B Long 0-3 .258

    Mills IP 7 H 10 ER 5 K 3 5.35
    Meyer IP 0.2 H 1 ER 2 K 1 BB 4 5.35
    Taylor IP 0.2 3.86
    Brasier IP 0.2 H 2 4.67

    Double-A L 3-7

    CF Witherspoon 1-2 2 BB 1 CS (1) .245
    2B Osuna 0-3 1 RBI .266
    DH McAnulty 0-3 1 BB .241
    1B Lopez 1-4 1 2B (30) 1 R 1 CS (7) .264
    3B Hernandez 1-4 1 K .260
    C Ramirez 1-3 1 RBI .224
    LF Swift 1-4 .250
    RF Castillo 1-4 1 R 1 K .181
    SS Perez 2-4 1 3B (3) 1 RBI 1 R 1 K .203

    Oye IP 5 H 7 ER 5 K 3 BB 2 4.32
    Boshers IP 2 K 2 4.09
    Graham IP 1 H 1 ER 1 BB 1 2.84
    Scholl IP 1 H 2 ER 1 BB 1 7.16

    Advanced Single-A 15-8

    DH Heid 1-6 1 R 3 K .275
    2B Lindsey 4-4 1 HR (8) 1 3B (6) 3 RBI 2 R 1 BB .299
    3B Cowart 2-6 1 RBI 2 R 2 K .278
    1B Cron 1-3 1 HR (20) 1 RBI 3 R 2 BB .286
    RF Grichuk 3-5 2 HR (13-14) 1 2B (19) 5 RBI 3 R .281
    SS Gomez 2-5 1 2B (15) 3 RBI 1 R 2 K .290
    C Bandy 905 1 R .221
    CF Gowens 2-5 1 3B (1) 1 R 1 K .212
    LF Jones 2-5 1 RBI 1 R 1 K .265

    Martinez-Mesa IP 2.1 H 1 ER 4 K 4 BB 5 10.72
    Burkard IP 3.2 H 3 ER 1 K 1 BB 3 3.48
    Giardina IP 1 H 2 ER 2 K 1 BB 3 3.60
    Kelley IP 2 H 1 BB 1 0.00 (A+ Debut)

    Single-A L 8-9

    LF Borenstein 3-5 1 2B (11) 1 3B (2) 2 RBI .309
    SS Stamets 1-5 1 2B (6) 2 RBI .309 (First game back from the DL)
    2B Yarbrough 1-5 .287
    CF Workman 0-5 1 K .266
    1B Hall 1-4 1 R 1 K .253
    RF Mitchell 2-3 1 3B (1) 1 RBI 2 R 1 BB 1 K .270
    DH Scioscia 1-3 1 2B (8) 1 R 1 BB .249
    C Wright 0-3 1 RBI 1 R .272
    3B Hairgrove 2-4 1 2B (13) 1 RBI 1 R .220

    Meade IP 5 H 5 ER 2 K 5 BB 1 3.28
    Mutz IP 0.1 H 5 ER 4 BB 1 108.00
    Melioris IP 3.2 H 1 ER 1 K 1 BB 2 4.86

    Orem W 7-4

    CF Capote 2-4 1 HR (3) 1 RBI 1 R 1 BB .406
    SS Soto 0-4 1 BB 1 R 3 K .338
    1B Hinkle 2-5 1 HR (8) 2 RBI 2 R .320
    3B Snyder 2-5 1 RBI 2 K .344
    LF Walsh 0-2 2 BB 1 K .305
    -Ray 0-1 .298
    RF Clarke 1-5 3 K .271
    2B S Johnson 0-4 2 K .179
    DH Bolaski 2-3 1 R 1 K .260
    C Gutierrez 2-4 1 HR (1) 2 RBI 2 R .375

    Diaz IP 7 H 6 ER 4 K 5 4.70
    Baker IP 0.1 H 1 3.48
    Adams IP 1.2 H 1 3.26

    AZL L 2-9

    CF Sneed 2-4 1 2B (3) 1 BB .265
    SS Toribio 1-5 2 R 2 SB (5-6) .368
    2B Eaves 0-4 1 BB .236
    RF Beltran 1-3 2 RBI 2 BB 1 K .259
    1B Whitley 0-4 1 BB 2 K .214
    DH Dalton 3-4 1 BB .241
    3B Linares 0-5 1 K .167
    C Patterson 0-5 1 K .125
    LF Davis 2-3 1 BB 1 K .300

    DellaTorre IP 6 H 5 K 4 BB 1 7.13
    Hatcher IP 1 H 3 ER 2 BB 1 5.40
    Scoggins IP 1 H 2 K 2 BB 2 7.56
    Hurtado IP 1 H 2 2.93
    __________________________________._________

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    22,652
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    also, as far as callaspo is concerned,he has one more year before free agency, maybe we can trade him to a team that needs help at 3rd (most of them) for bull pen help, either on waivers or in the off season, then call up jimenez and let him hold it down until cowart is ready!
    I dont think we can trade Callaspo. We are likely going to let Izturis walk, so if we traded Callaspo that would leave us with only Romine to backup the infield. I do think that Jimenez will get every chance to earn a starting spot during spring training next season. If he does get the starting spot he is going to have to run away with it because Cowart will likely be knocking on the door in Double-A. Whether it is Jimenez/Callaspo that gets the spot both are going to need to perform, Cowart could be ready by June/July.
    __________________________________._________

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    11,732
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post
    I dont think we can trade Callaspo. We are likely going to let Izturis walk, so if we traded Callaspo that would leave us with only Romine to backup the infield. I do think that Jimenez will get every chance to earn a starting spot during spring training next season. If he does get the starting spot he is going to have to run away with it because Cowart will likely be knocking on the door in Double-A. Whether it is Jimenez/Callaspo that gets the spot both are going to need to perform, Cowart could be ready by June/July.
    that would be dumb to let macier walk, we need a back up SS much more than we need callaspo, and once again, most teams can use help at 3b, i guess we will see how diptio/scioscia/moreno feel come this off season, and as far as cowert is concerned, i think he can get a Sept. call up next year, but he is probably 2-3 years from being MLB ready, honestly, which would be plenty of time for Jimenez to hold down the spot with good defense and hopefully some improved plate discipline, lol, i mean if trumbo can learn it why can't Jimenez?

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    11,732
    vCash
    1500
    also, who do you think gets sept. call-ups when the roster expands to 40? i mean 1 is obviously richards, who will be with the team for the full month of sept.

  8. #218
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    22,652
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    that would be dumb to let macier walk, we need a back up SS much more than we need callaspo, and once again, most teams can use help at 3b, i guess we will see how diptio/scioscia/moreno feel come this off season, and as far as cowert is concerned, i think he can get a Sept. call up next year, but he is probably 2-3 years from being MLB ready, honestly, which would be plenty of time for Jimenez to hold down the spot with good defense and hopefully some improved plate discipline, lol, i mean if trumbo can learn it why can't Jimenez?
    Romine can be our backup SS (he can also play 2B/3B) he is also going to be A LOT cheaper than Izturis. Most teams can use help at 3B and so can we, what happens if Jimenez comes up and has a .240 OBP over the first 2 months of the season?

    Jimenez has even worse patience than Trumbo did in the minors

    (Jimenez/Trumbo)

    A 6.0% (22)/6.6% (21)
    A+ 3.8% (22)/5.9% (22)
    AA 5.0% (23)6.4% (23)
    AAA 4.4% (24)/9.7% (24)

    The good thing is that he doesnt strikeout as much

    A 14.7%/19.0%
    A+ 12.5%/15.3%
    AA 13.3%/17.2%
    AAA 12.7%/21.2%
    __________________________________._________

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    22,652
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    also, who do you think gets sept. call-ups when the roster expands to 40? i mean 1 is obviously richards, who will be with the team for the full month of sept.
    Well guys that are already on the 40-Man Roster, that arent with the big league club

    Very Likely

    Garrett Richards
    Bobby Cassevah
    Brad Mills
    Kole Calhoun
    Hank Conger

    Maybe

    Barry Enright
    John Hester
    Luis Jimenez

    Need to be added to the 40, but could/should get called up

    Steven Geltz (Likely)
    Caleb Graham (Lesser Likely)
    Jeremy Berg (Lesserer Likely)
    __________________________________._________

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    11,732
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post
    Romine can be our backup SS (he can also play 2B/3B) he is also going to be A LOT cheaper than Izturis. Most teams can use help at 3B and so can we, what happens if Jimenez comes up and has a .240 OBP over the first 2 months of the season?

    Jimenez has even worse patience than Trumbo did in the minors

    (Jimenez/Trumbo)

    A 6.0% (22)/6.6% (21)
    A+ 3.8% (22)/5.9% (22)
    AA 5.0% (23)6.4% (23)
    AAA 4.4% (24)/9.7% (24)

    The good thing is that he doesnt strikeout as much

    A 14.7%/19.0%
    A+ 12.5%/15.3%
    AA 13.3%/17.2%
    AAA 12.7%/21.2%
    he lack of strike outs is a relief, and if he is hitting for a decent avg, like .240-.270 his obp can be around .300

  11. #221
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,310
    vCash
    1500
    you comparing jim to trumbo. does have have pop anywere close to his?

  12. #222
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    22,652
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo4life View Post
    you comparing jim to trumbo. does have have pop anywere close to his?
    No not at all.


    Jimenez does have some pop, but unless some of those doubles start turning into HR he probably wont see 30 HR in a season. I see him hitting around 15 HR with 35 2B in his first couple seasons in the big leagues. In his prime 20-25 HR with 40+ doubles. That is assuming he lives up to his potential.
    __________________________________._________

  13. #223
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    11,732
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo4life View Post
    you comparing jim to trumbo. does have have pop anywere close to his?
    no no, nobody is saying he will be like trumbo, were just comparing their walk rates, because neither has walked much in the minors, yeah at his best he could have a year like trumbo's rookie year, but, you know with a plus glove at third
    Last edited by ciaban; 08-03-2012 at 06:52 PM.

  14. #224
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,310
    vCash
    1500
    what was the highest trumbo was ranked as prospect?

  15. #225
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    22,652
    vCash
    1500
    Triple-A W 6-5, W 8-5

    CF Crowe 4-9 1 2B (4) 1 RBI 1 R 1 SB (5) 2 K .257
    LF Calhoun 1-8 1 RBI 1 BB 2 K .296
    C Conger 2-7 1 HR (5) 1 2B (12) 1 RBI 2 R 1 BB 2 K .304
    3B Jimenez 3-47 1 HR (12) 2 2B (29-30) 3 RBI 2 R .314
    1B Navarro 3-8 3 2B (28-30) 1 RBI 2 R .295
    RF Aldridge 3-7 1 HR (13) 2 RBI 3 R 2 K .222
    DH Diaz 3-4 1 HR (4) 2 RBI 1 R .259
    2B Long 2-6 2 RBI 1 R 1 BB 1 CS (4) .259
    SS Lucas 4-7 1 3B (1) 1 RBI 1 R 1 SB (4) .262
    LF Langerhans 0-3 1 BB 1 R 1 K .261

    McKiernan IP 6 H 8 ER 5 K 5 BB 2 7.35
    Shoemaker IP 6 H 8 ER 3 K 6 BB 1 5.75
    Taylor IP 1.2 H 2 K 2 2.84
    Brasier IP 1.1 H 1 4.53
    Geltz IP 1 K 2 4.07
    Cassevah IP 1 H 1 7.68

    Double-A L 0-5, L 3-5

    CF Witherspoon 3-8 1 HR (5) 2 RBI 1 R 1 CS (2) 2 K .255
    2B Osuna 0-7 1 BB 1 R .261
    1B McAnulty 2-7 1 BB 2 K .250
    RF Lopez 2-7 1 2B (31) 1 RBI 1 BB 1 SB (3) 1 K .265
    3B Hernandez 2-6 1 BB 1 K .263
    DH Haerther 0-7 1 BB .259
    LF Swift 0-4 2 K .244
    SS Perez 1-6 .202
    C Rosario 0-2 1 R 1 K .224
    LF Mount 1-3 1 K .240
    C Ramirez 1-3 1 K .225

    Maronde IP 4.2 H 8 ER 5 K 4 BB 1 9.64 (Double-A Debut)
    Schugel IP 5.1 H 6 ER 2 K 4 BB 4 2.87
    Grube IP 0.2 H 1 7.94
    Graham IP 2 K 1 2.72
    Berg IP 2.1 H 3 K 5 0.00
    Chaffee IP 1 H 1 K 1 3.41
    Robinson IP 1 H 2 K 1 7.18
    Johnson IP 1 H 2 K 1 2.33

    Advanced Single-A L 7-8, L 6-11

    RF Heid 6-10 1 HR (5) 1 2B (16) 1 RBI 3 R 1 BB 1 CS (7) .287
    2B Lindsey 1-11 4 K .293
    DH Cowart 3-8 1 HR (5) 1 3B (3) 2 RBI 2 R 2 BB .283
    1B Cron 4-10 1 2B (24) 1 RBI 1 R 1 BB 2 K .288
    CF Grichuk 6-10 1 HR (15) 3 2B (20-22) 3 RBI 5 R 2 SB (13-14)1 K .289
    3B Gomez 1-10 1 SB (14) 2 K .283
    C Jimenez 3-7 1 2B (4) 3 RBI 1 R 1 BB 1 K .250
    LF Jones 3-8 1 3B (4) 1 RBI 1 R 1 BB .273
    SS Almanzar 1-9 1 RBI 1 K .236
    C Bandy 1-1 1 SB (1) .224

    Russell IP 0 H 5 ER 6 BB 1 7.59
    Reynolds IP 6 H 7 ER 4 K 7 BB 1 6.00 (Advanced Single-A Debut)
    Flores IP 4 H 5 ER 1 K 2 BB 2 3.88
    Giardina IP 2 H 1 ER 1 K 2 3.86
    George IP 4 H 1 K 1 BB 2 4.84
    Cendejas IP 1 H 2 ER 3 BB 1 3.06
    Batista IP 1 3.63
    Tillman IP 1 H 1 ER 1 K 3 BB 2 1.59

    Single-A L 5-7, W 8-4

    LF Borenstein 1-10 1 2B (12) 2 K .262
    RF Martinez 3-8 1 RBI 2 R 1 BB 1 K .250
    SS Stamets 1-6 1 K .302
    CF Workman 5-9 1 2B (11) 2 RBI 1 R 2 K .274
    DH Mitchell 2-8 1 HR (13) 1 2B (11) 4 RBI 2 R 1 BB 1 SB (7) 4 K .270
    1B Scioscia 2-9 1 HR (3) 1 RBI 2 R 1 K .248
    C Baker 2-2 1 HR (5) 1 2B (8) 2 RBI 3 R .222
    3B Hairgrove 3-9 1 2B (14) 2 RBI .223
    2B Moesquit 1-7 1 RBI 1 R 1 K .223
    2B Yarbrough 1-3 1 2B (7) 2 R .287
    C Wright 4-4 1 BB .299

    Jimenez IP 5 H 7 ER 4 K 3 BB 1 3.94
    Crowley IP 5 H 5 ER 4 K 4 BB 3 3.71
    Odom IP 1 K 2 5.29
    Alvarez IP 1 H 1 K 3 BB 2 3.86
    De Jiulio IP 2 H 2 K 2 BB 1 6.29
    Johnson IP 3 H 2 ER 1 K 1 5.24
    Carlin IP 2 H 2 ER 2 K 2 BB 1 9.00

    Orem L 2-8, L 9-10

    CF Capote 3-8 1 2B (8) 3 R 2 BB1 K .404
    SS Soto 1-3 2 R 2 BB 1 K .337
    3B Snyder 0-8 1 RBI 3 K .327
    1B Hinkle 4-8 1 HR (9) 4 RBI 2 R 1 BB 2 K .329
    RF Walsh 1-4 1 R 1 BB .303
    2B Parks 2-4 1 HR (4) 2 RBI 1 R .284
    DH Bolaski 2-6 2 BB 1 SB (2) 2 K .264
    LF Ray 2-8 1 HR (3) 1 2B (13) 2 RBI 1 R 1 BB 2 K .295
    C Gutierrez 0-5 2 K .310
    2B S. Johnson 1-3 1 BB .185
    CF Clarke 1-4 1 2B (4) 1 RBI 1 R 2 K .295
    SS Bushyhead 0-4 2 K .279
    C Bemboom 0-4 2 K .220

    Perez IP 4 H 4 ER 4 K 6 BB 2 4.63
    Roth IP 2 K 1 BB 1 2.89
    Baker IP 3 H 2 3.04
    Boyd IP 1 H 1 ER 2 6.23
    Powell IP 0.2 H 3 ER 3 K 1 BB 1 5.65
    Adams IP 0.1 H 1 3.20
    Lowery IP 3 H 7 ER 3 K 1 10.13
    Krehbiel IP 1 H 3 ER 2 K 1 BB 1 9.00
    Efferson IP 1 H 2 ER 1 BB 2 8.15
    Deloach IP 1 H 2 ER 2 K 2 BB 2 9.00

    AZL L 5-6

    CF Sneed 0-4 1 BB 1 SB (5) 1 K .256
    SS Rondon 1-5 1 R 1 K .270
    2B Eaves 2-5 1 3B (3) 1 R 1 K .243
    DH Ware 1-5 1 3B (1) 1 RBI 2 R .328
    RF Beltran 1-4 1 RBI 1 R 1 BB .258
    C Martinez 2-4 1 RBI 1 BB .339
    1B Whitley 2-2 1 RBI 3 BB .236
    3B Ross 1-5 .316
    LF Davis 1-3 1 BB 1 K .301

    LeBarron IP 5 H 6 ER 2 K 1 BB 1 3.18
    Spomer IP 2 H 3 K 1 BB 1 4.71
    Bush IP 1 BB 1 0.00
    __________________________________._________

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •