Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Cano and Ortiz are REALLY good friends.

If Cano lobbies for Big Papi as protection, it may happen

vCash
    He'd fit great just not a long contract. For the short term there is no reason not to. Ortiz would fit in just as Damon did! Who better to take our young DH and mentor him at the beginning of his career. Ortiz could be Montero's Yoda!

vCash
    Ortiz fell asleep at the end of this season just like the rest of the Sox. Thats as clutch as I think of him.

It's laughable that anyone thinks he is actually coming to the Yankees because he threw there name out on ESPN. I have my doubts that he is actually serious about leaving Boston.

Every FA will pretend to be interested in the Yankees because it is a bargaining tool. As long as teams think they are competing with the Yankees they will have to spend more money. Im sure Cashman will play his cards right on this one. Kinda like with Carl Crawford or how Bernie Williams pitted the Sox against the Yanks circa 1999. Its a great bargaining tool. Baseball is a business as well.

I think the odds of him ending up in the Bronx are slim. Him being a DH hinders him a lot. No one knows the Yankees plan for Montero next year do they DH him, start him at C. Its a big mystery.

Ortiz will likely want a 2-3 year deal that I doubt the Yankees will want to give him. His lefty bat would be very much welcome and needed in the lineup. It just doesn't seem like a reality that he ends up here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post

I'm willing to bet you that Ortiz has one 'REALLY good friend' on every team.

vCash
    This has nothing to do with who's friends with who. Ortiz is not coming here unless they want to make room for him and think he fits within our needs. I personally think this would work against us trying to put a better team on the field in '12.. he's old, slow and just in decline. We don't need old/slow one dimensional players at this time... we should def pass - Ortiz' time has come and gone!
    GO YANKEES!!!!!

vCash
    I dont believe the yanks would sign ortiz, but if they did, can you imagine what he would do in yankee stadium all year.

I bet he hits 35+ homers in that park.

And yes, I would sign him to DH for us.

Do you know what montero would be like in 1-2 seasons having ortiz/jeter/arod/teixera/cano/granderson helping him out and giving him advice.

Ortiz would be a great teammate for the yanks, and is a guy I think would fit right in.
    Quote Originally Posted by DC CAB View Post
    The Yankees are the only team that could be play-off bound that did nothing to make themselves better. When you look at it that way how are fans supposed to feel?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post

arod lobbied for melky, which would have been a good move for us, and you see what happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by DC CAB View Post
    The Yankees are the only team that could be play-off bound that did nothing to make themselves better. When you look at it that way how are fans supposed to feel?

vCash
    Well he's left handed correct? Can he pitch?

vCash
    No thanks Jesus montero is better for this team how could anyone pick Ortiz over montero as our Dh. And no montero can't catch full time that would be a disaster. Sure the rotation obviously add good bench players and the mabe decide if swisher is our RF and if not upgrade there.

vCash
    Sure I like that, he is a very good cluth hitter. I like Carlos Beltran too for RF.

vCash
    The best thing for this team, both next season, and in the future, is to have the DH open. Let Montero get some starts at C, and get his bat in the lineup at DH when he isn't catching. And then rotate Alex/Derek/Tex/Whoever at DH. It's a no brainer.

vCash
    LMAO, you can have him.

Haven't you seen his spray chart? The green monster helped him tremedously, lining balls into it and just squeeking pop flies over it.

In his current decline, I could not see him hitting more than a .270 avg, 20 hr, 85+ rbi's next season in a Yankee uniform (without the monster for 80 games)

Not great numbers, not bad, but your kidding yourself to expect anything near .300, 30, 100
    Last edited by Bo Sox Fan; 10-13-2011 at 09:37 PM.
    WTA's Next Rising Superstar - #7 in the World

Montreal's Sweetheart Eugenie Bouchard

Go Genie Go!

vCash
    Hey look who's back rough september Missed you coming by saying the Sox would win the division

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    Hey look who's back rough september Missed you coming by saying the Sox would win the division
    Since your Yankees base all success on winning Championships, how did #28 pan out for you this season? Just like my Sox, I don't see New York on t.v. right now....

Peace
    WTA's Next Rising Superstar - #7 in the World

Montreal's Sweetheart Eugenie Bouchard

Go Genie Go!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo Sox Fan View Post
    Since your Yankees base all success on winning Championships, how did #28 pan out for you this season? Just like my Sox, I don't see New York on t.v. right now....

Peace
    Nice try. Not only did you not make the playoffs your whole pitiful organization fell apart at the seams on national t.v.

Don't even talk about 28. You guys have no idea what that is like. You don't breathe the same air as us.
    Crawl back under your rock.
    Actually the sox are still on t.v. right now.....day and night with sports shows discussing how sad you are. I am sure you will be on t.v. the rest of the off season. Don't plan on next year being much better.
    'Real' Yankee fans tell the truth about the team whether it is nice or not.

"Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast