Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Put Montero in right keep martin at C dont pick up Swishs option and sign Papi...sounds good to me lol

YO BODY'S STILL REAL JUST YO GANGSTA LEFT

vCash
    I'd do it. I'm sorry I don't want to revolve the entire team around Jesus Montero just yet but I think Papi would make a huge difference over the next 1-2 years if we were to bring him in.

Those of you bringing up the A-Rod and Jeter need the DH spot open... you know we have A-Rod for 6 more years... we're not gonna be allowed to get a DH for the next 6 years?

A-Rod will be fine in the field this year and hopefully for the next 3 years. If he isn't then we will figure it out as time goes on.(Were ****ed either way if he actually is in a serious decline) If A-Rod were to go down again, I would want another big-time power bat in the middle of our line-up though.

vCash
    This is just a ploy to drive up his price. Every player will "consider" playing for the Yankees this offseason. I wouldn't read to much into this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLooDShoT_GrK View Post
    Put Montero in right keep martin at C dont pick up Swishs option and sign Papi...sounds good to me lol
    yea. we fans no more than the organization does clearly. i mean if they thought he could play right field with the number of catching prospects we have coming up and montero's limitations catching defensively, its not like they would have tried it in the minors or anyhting.........................
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Oh God, not again... only one reasonable response to this thread...

vCash
    The guy is selfish and a prick. He cares more about his individual numbers than the team. He will likely be overpriced and I doubt he has another 2011 in him. He will regress back to 09-10 Ortiz. I do not want.

vCash
    No, no Ortiz, we don't need some player only could DH period!

vCash
    The only way this happens is if Montero gets traded (which I give about 35%). Girardi said it, Yankees need Starting Pitching. Look they could go out and get CJ (which I would do). Montero could help bring King Felix. Montero has a great bat, but I worry he will turn into a Victor Martinez type player, which is to say, great fantasy catcher. Other teams may worry less about that stuff.

If you don't move Montero this move makes no sense....The goal would be to catch Martin 120 Games, Montero for 42, with Montero getting most of his AB's as a DH. This would be the way to develop him.

But if you move Montero, then Ortiz would be a nice player. One poster did make a VERY good point the line-up would be old (with A-rod-Jeter-Papi) But I would add, that we are talking about a DH here, and that is a position where age is ok. Ortiz is a clutch hitter, and could do damage. If he came to the Yankees it would be a one year deal about $10-12 Million; I don't see it affected the youth of the team. But keep in mind, other than Montero - the Yankees don't have any position players making their way up the ranks. If the Yankees went that route they would have only 3 players who are older than 32(Ortiz,Jeter,Arod)...So its not that old, with Ortiz being a short-term commitment.

vCash
    The guy is a type A free agent, there is NO WAY we sign him and lose our first rounder to the sox, no freakin way
    THE GOAT

Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.

The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

vCash
    Ill DH for the Yankees before Ortiz will.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bfrap View Post
    Oh God, not again... only one reasonable response to this thread...

not really palm worthy, at least this thread has legs bhind it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mttwlsn16 View Post
    not really palm worthy, at least this thread has legs bhind it
    How so? Cashman has stated that DH is WAY down the list of things he's concerned about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    How so? Cashman has stated that DH is WAY down the list of things he's concerned about.
    its not like its just one of these out of thin air random craps that pops up here

espn reported it, so at leasst there is an article unlike the other stupid threads

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mttwlsn16 View Post
    its not like its just one of these out of thin air random craps that pops up here

espn reported it, so at leasst there is an article unlike the other stupid threads
    ESPN reported that Ortiz isn't ruling out anything. How did that turn into "David Ortiz a soon to be Yankee"?

vCash
    he is a clutch hitter. Yankees have 1 in cano and he still can improve. How many times has ortiz ****ed us in the *** in the 8th inning and on. Too many times. He would be the clutch threat we've needed since matsui left. I give him 1 year 12 million with an option on a second year. Montero still needs to improve his catching skills and can spend the first 2-3 months in the minors doing that. Bring him up, bench martin who i think will stink next year and u still have the dh spot for ortiz and if montero gets traded we still have or dh spot filled.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast