Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Why block Montero doesn't make any sense

vCash
    If we're in the bottom of the 9th, runners on 1st and 2nd with 2 outs and we're down by 1...of the following players who do I trust most?

Arod
    Tex
    Granderson
    Cano
    Papi

It is very close between Cano and Papi and they leave the other top players on the Yankees in the dust. Papi would make our team real dangerous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Why block Montero doesn't make any sense
    It does if you're trying to win now, and now who says we have to block him?

Montero could play C. He might not be a good one but he can play there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    I'd do it in a heartbeat. Short porch in right he'd hit 35-40 bombs easy. And it piss off the "nation" haha
    YES, YES, YES, THIS. THIS. THIS.

SS Derek Jeter
    CF Curtis Granderson
    2B Robinson Cano
    3B Alex Rodriguez
    DH David Ortiz
    1B Mark Teixeira
    RF Nick Swisher
    C Jesus Montero
    LF Brett Gardner

ray: ray: ray: ray: ray: ray: ray: ray: ray:
    Last edited by Vintage; 10-13-2011 at 02:26 AM.

vCash
    No thanks, I just couldn't see them pursuing Ortiz after being on the other side for so long. I also want to see Montero more involved in the lineup next season by splitting time at catcher and DH. That wouldn't be able to happen if Ortiz occupied the DH spot for most of the season.

vCash
    If we are thinkin about getting Ortiz than why not go after Prince and let him DH and turn to Barry Bonds with that short RF porch

vCash
    bc prince wont DH

vCash
    **** that. we have other people laying claim to the DH spot pretty soon (arod, jeter, montero, etc.). no need to fill it with a one dimensional guy who has to be a DH when he have those guy possbily needing it soon
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post

SS Derek Jeter
    CF Curtis Granderson
    2B Robinson Cano
    3B Alex Rodriguez
    DH David Ortiz
    1B Mark Teixeira
    RF Nick Swisher
    C Jesus Montero
    LF Brett Gardner

martin will likely be back next year, since romine and monetro have almost no mlb catching experience
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    thinking...thinking.............................th inking.........................................

No.

Why? Another aging, fat, vocal bafoon. We need the DH spot open! So the "permanent" DH has to be versatile and able to play field when needed to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post

SS Derek Jeter
    CF Curtis Granderson
    2B Robinson Cano
    3B Alex Rodriguez
    DH David Ortiz
    1B Mark Teixeira
    RF Nick Swisher
    C Jesus Montero
    LF Brett Gardner

That is one scary lineup. It is such a tempting idea. If Montero could be full time catcher next season...wow. Could you imagine trying to pitch against this stacked line up...good God.

"I am built for power, not for speed."--Me

vCash
    Actually....not to be a stinky fun killer here, but that lineup is old.

You're looking at possible regression from Jeter and Papi. Continued regression from Big Tex, A-Rod and Swish. Grandy played out of his mind this year, but can he continue it? You're counting on a rookie catcher who, while a monster, is still a rookie.

I'm sorry, but the only one in that lineup I fully trust to give me excellent numbers next year is Robbie.

Thing is, I love Papi, always have and always will, but the fac tof the matter is it is our collection of youth and aging veterans that keeps the Yanks from falling off too much. The thought of Papi dropping bombs on the creatures is drool inducing, but Papi is just too old and removes all lineup flexibility that Joe G. has.

It's a Steinbrenner move. Pure and simple. If it happens, it comes from Hank, not from Cash.

vCash
    yes sign me up, 2 years $21-$22M sounds good for Ortiz. Montero at catcher, done deal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    It does if you're trying to win now, and now who says we have to block him?

Montero could play C. He might not be a good one but he can play there.
    My word.

There are firsts to be had in the world of prosportsdaily.

I'm actually going to agree 100% w Krixsong on this.

Ortiz on a short deal could be deadly AND clutch in the midst of that order. The Steinbrenners went against Cashman's wishes last offseason and signed Soriano as what is speculated as a reactionary signing in order to give the appearance that we were indeed active in the offseason. This move would pay far greater dividends if we are still using that mindset. In addition, it would probably signal the ultimate cadence to the on-going collapse of 'the nation.'

I say do it if for no other reason than that.....

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Boston Media is KILLING the Sox LOL!!!! They did it to Ted Willams, Yaz, Remember Jim Rice refused to talk to the Boston Media all of his career? Roger Clemens had a problem, Nomar had it on the way out the door. Pedro, Papi and Manny had their trouble. And now Beckett, Lester and Lackey and most of all Tito Francona, it's disgusting that the Boston Media would talk about his personal life, just because he didn't say it was his choice and take the heat off the Boston front office.

That's a bad sign for the Sox, when your heart and soul says he admires "the enemy" and how they are treated by their club and respect. And he HATES the drama on his own team and might keep him from signing there and he would consider signing with your worst rival! HAHAH!!

Bad days in beantown!!!

I beat CC will think twice about opt'in out and going to Boston!! He might opt out, but it won't be Boston..Or anyone for that matter, what a mess!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast