• Hopefully another team

5 31.25%
  • Unfortunately the Yankees

11 68.75%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Wants AJ?

vCash

Who Wants AJ?

Taking a look at possible suiters for fan favorite AJ Burnett.

Rule out AL. No AL team matches up and he would thrive in NL. The best choice is the Reds. They need starting pitching badly, they can't lure top free agents, and they don't really want to trade top prospects. Sounds like a pretty good match. I can see him in a reds uniform also. By the way Bronson Arroyo gave up 46 hr. WOW.

I will not get my hopes up for an AJ trade, but i think we would all love it.

vCash
    Newsflash: AJ was our best postseason pitcher.

I say keep him.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

vCash
    Aj will go no where. In the biggest game of the year, he stepped up.

And NO ONE will take on his contract.

vCash
    yankees would definitely have to pick up at least 12 mil

vCash
    AJ has 2 years approximately 33 million remaining. Is he playing to that. Obviously not (even though he had a good playoff start assistend by Curtis Granderson). BUT lets say AJ was a free agent what would he get?

Vazquez (2 years older) coming off a terrible year with the Yankees ended up with a 1 year 7 million contract with the cash strapped Marlins. I am going to go out on a limb and say AJ could command a 2 year 17-19 million deal. Thus for the Yankees to trade AJ, I think that on a contract basis the Yankees would have to kick in 13.5 to 15 million. Similary to the previous poster.

If the Yankees can nab a guy like Jackson and Wilson, or dare I say Felix Hernandez, the Yankees should look to cut their loss on AJ. Otherwise, you hope he has a good season in him.

vCash
    I'd eat 15-20 mil on the AJ deal if it meant we could move him. On a 2 year deal for 13-18 mil in the NL, I think he could be worth it to a pitching starved team.

CC
    Nova
    Edwin Jackson
    Hughes
    Darvish

Make it happen Cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    That rotation is poop.

vCash
    rule out everyone, no one will want this bum
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    rule out everyone, no one will want this bum
    On a 2 year deal for 13-18 mil (we eat 15-20 mil) I think he could be dumped. He has been healthy for the last 4 years and hasn't pitched fewer than 186.2 innings in that span. I think for that money in an NL team w/ a pitcher's park he's a decent investment. That's really not that much for a inning eater in this pitchign market.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    aj is giong to be a yankee

i <3 the offseason

vCash
    3-way deal

Yanks, reds, mariners

Yanks give up: Burnett(eat some contract) some top prospects(Both Killer B's, Romine)
    Reds give up: Votto
    Mariners give up: The king

Yanks get: The King
    Reds get: Burnett, Killer B, Romine
    Mariners get: Votto, Killer B (maybe something else)

--Don't go crazy, I wrote this up in about 2 mins.

vCash
    going crazy

vCash
    Good Lord. How do we get to this point? Seriously? We cannot have a rotation of Halliday, CC, Lee, Felix and Josh Johnson. We overpaid for AJ. We know it then and we know it now. He assisted in getting us a WS so it paid off. He is not that bad. He might be a #2 or #3 on any other team but here we are thinking of eating 10 million of his salary just to get rid of him and then turn about and pay a crap load for someone else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PACISLE View Post
    Good Lord. How do we get to this point? Seriously? We cannot have a rotation of Halliday, CC, Lee, Felix and Josh Johnson. We overpaid for AJ. We know it then and we know it now. He assisted in getting us a WS so it paid off. He is not that bad. He might be a #2 or #3 on any other team but here we are thinking of eating 10 million of his salary just to get rid of him and then turn about and pay a crap load for someone else.
    yes we can!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PACISLE View Post
    why the **** not?
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast