Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Albert Pujols

vCash

Albert Pujols

What flies under the radar is that Pujols plays a lot more positions then 1B. He's played 103 games at 3rd in his MLB career. Replacement for A-Rod?
    Also has played 2 100 game seasons in the outfield. RF? Swisher?

Thoughts..

vCash
    When was the last time he played those positions?

vCash
    He's played 7 games at 3B since 2003. He's played 0 games in LF since 2003.

vCash

vCash
    well give me some better thoughts because as long as we have swisher, a-rod, tex. and the other losers who don't show up when it counts were not winning anything. we need to MANUFACTURE runs. with the old yankees we win that game 5, bernie or o neill gets a basehit instead of swinging for the fences. it's either all or nothing with these guys. idc what they do but if you want to win, somethings going to have to change.

vCash
    and he may have not played there since 2003 but wtf he's a professional athlete.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    When was the last time he played those positions?
    I know he played in a few games this summer at 3rd when Freize was on the DL. He did not embarass himself doing it either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue56857 View Post
    and he may have not played there since 2003 but wtf he's a professional athlete.
    So are plenty of other guys. Montero is a pro athlete, why not move him to 3rd?

Long term, massive contracts to players almost never work out. Tex and ARod should help prove it. Do we want another overpaid player in 3 years?

vCash
    So are plenty of other guys. Montero is a pro athlete, why not move him to 3rd?

Long term, massive contracts to players almost never work out. Tex and ARod should help prove it. Do we want another overpaid player in 3 years?
    montero is a horrible fielder, pujols isn't. and who would you like to sign for a small contract to play third? you can't put an entire team together off your prospects. I think it's funny you blast my ideas, but you have none of your own. I'm fine with you shooting down my thoughts but at least have something better in mind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue56857 View Post
    montero is a horrible fielder, pujols isn't. and who would you like to sign for a small contract to play third? you can't put an entire team together off your prospects. I think it's funny you blast my ideas, but you have none of your own. I'm fine with you shooting down my thoughts but at least have something better in mind.
    ARod plays 3rd. Montero DHs. Worry about pitching. Build a bench. And if a RF option or trade that makes sense pops up, pursue it. We do not need to retool this team.

vCash
    ARod plays 3rd. Montero DHs. Worry about pitching. Build a bench. And if a RF option or trade that makes sense pops up, pursue it. We do not need to retool this team.
    Yankees will not win anything with this team. The only way they can score is by hitting home runs. They can't beat good pitching, they aren't clutch, you can't just gain these skills during the offseason. You will not see one more successful season out of A-Rod. I promise you that. It's change now or watch next postseason from the outside looking in.

vCash
    For as good a hitter as Pujols is, he is still not a disciplined hitter flailing at many pitches out of the zone. He kind of has the same approach as Carlos Lee.... not a good fit and another $30 million guy we do not need.....Only a DH at this point and I'll take Ortiz over him so long as Montero can play right.....

vCash
    Montero cannot play right.

vCash
    I do not think the Jury has rendered a verdict yet.

vCash
    Montero cannot play right.
    Agree.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast