..............................14.3 	PP% 	8.3
    ..............................75.0 	PK% 	90.0
    ..............................30.5 	S/G 	29.0
    ..............................26.5 	SA/G 	21.5
    ..............................54.8 	FO% 	36.9
    GAME PREVIEW
    CANUCKS (1-0-1) at FLYERS (2-0-0)

TV: TSN, RIS (HD), CSN-PH

Season series: This is the only meeting between the teams this season. In their only meeting in 2010-11, the Canucks won 6-2 in Vancouver, led by a pair of goals by Ryan Kesler and a goal and an assist from Daniel Sedin.

Big Story: The Flyers play their home opener on a high after winning in Boston and New Jersey to start the season. For the Canucks, it marks the second stop on their four-game trip that started with Monday's win in Columbus. Vancouver won't have much time to enjoy the City of Brotherly Love before flying to Detroit for a game Thursday.

Team Scope:

Canucks: The players admittedly didn't play their best game Monday in Columbus, but goalie Cory Schneider was at his best when it counted.

Getting his first start of the season, Schneider denied the Blue Jackets' Maksim Mayorov on a third-period penalty shot. The save appeared to inspire the team, as Vancouver scored twice in the next eight minutes to turn a 2-1 deficit into a 3-2 victory.

"We're usually a pretty good road team and sometimes it does take us a little bit to get into it," Schneider told the Vancouver Sun. "There were times we were a bit lackluster. But that's my job -- to keep us in it and let us get our feet going. With this team, it might take three periods, but we'll get back into it and make it a game."

His teammates didn't mince words when they were asked about Schneider's key save.

"Huge," captain Henrik Sedin said. "The game could have been over. He battles hard and keeps us in games and that's what he did last year, too. We were sloppy -- really sloppy. The second half, we took it more to them than the other way. But the first period was unacceptable."

Flyers: If anyone was wondering how all the new players Philadelphia brought in this season would gel, the answer has been just fine.

Of the Flyers' five goals in two games, three have come from players who skated elsewhere last season. Among the newcomers to score is Wayne Simmonds, who was acquired from Los Angeles in the Mike Richards deal. In two games, he has a goal and an assist, a plus-2 rating, a team-high seven shots on goal and has made a big impact on the power play, providing a strong net-front presence.

"It's certainly different than the role I've had in the past," Simmonds told the Philadelphia Inquirer. "I said before training camp -- and even during training camp -- that I'm just going to try my best to help the team win, and I think I've done a pretty good job to start the season, and I'm going to just try to continue that."

Coach Peter Laviolette sees this success as another step in the 23-year-old Simmonds' development process.

"I think when players come in at 18, 19, 20 years old, they're trying to figure out how to make their game, and maybe their roles aren't as easily identified," the coach told the Inquirer.

"But after you've been in the League for three or four years, you really start to develop physically and experience-wise, and he's one of those guys."

Who's Hot: Canucks forward Daniel Sedin appears to be picking up where he finished last season, when he led the League with 104 points. In the Canucks' first two games, he leads the team with 3 points. … Flyers center Claude Giroux, who played in his first NHL All-Star Game last season, has a goal in each of the team's first two games.

Injury Report: Kesler (hip) and Mason Raymond (back) remain on the long-term injured list. … The Flyers are completely healthy.

Stat Pack: The Canucks have won two straight against the Flyers and are unbeaten in Philadelphia since losing in overtime there Nov. 13, 2003.

Puck Drop: Depth is a wonderful thing, but also can be a double-edged sword, as Laviolette is dealing with. All four of his lines are playing well, and rather than have one line playing more than 20 minutes, that number is closer to 16-17.

"This is a bit of an adjustment period for us," Laviolette told CSNPhilly.com. "Our fourth line (Maxime Talbot, Zac Rinaldo, Andreas Nodl) has been extremely effective in the two games. And in order to be effective, you've got to get on the ice. We're going to try and figure this out here because some guys want to play 20 minutes and some want to play 22 minutes. When you have four lines you can roll over and put out on the ice, you have to figure out how to manage 16-17 minutes and go down from there.

"I like the way our team played. Our lines and our attack."

If any players are upset, however, they shouldn't expect a change as long as the team is going well.

"The objective is to win hockey games," Laviolette said. "And when you can send four lines over the boards on the attack and you're getting results that you want and you like the way you are doing it, that's really what counts.

"I don't think it is a problem. I know where the minutes sit. I like it."
    ---------------------------------

PREDICTIONS:

Winner:

Final score:

GWG Scored in:

First Star:

Last edited by sfgiants1213; 10-12-2011 at 04:22 AM.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Flyers
    4-3/OT
    Simmons
    Giroux

vCash
    ^Troll

Gonna be tough to beat Bryz but I think we can do it. Game seems like a toss up to me. Two very good teams. Potential Stanley Cup Finals matchup if all goes well really. But anyway, I gotta go Canucks as always. I say we win 3-2.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    ^Troll

Gonna be tough to beat Bryz but I think we can do it. Game seems like a toss up to me. Two very good teams. Potential Stanley Cup Finals matchup if all goes well really. But anyway, I gotta go Canucks as always. I say we win 3-2.
    I voted for the Canucks last time. .. I just don't like this match-up for them.

Pronger against the Sedin's, Breezy, potential offense outburst, etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    I voted for the Canucks last time. .. I just don't like this match-up for them.

Pronger against the Sedin's, Breezy, potential offense outburst, etc.
    I got that right. Breezy had an alright game, Luongo not so much. Three of Vancouver's goals had the Sedin's involved, which proves Hodgson, Sturm, etc need to step up. From what I seen, Sturm didn't look good. He's having a hard time getting back to 100%.

Let the Luongo haters continue. TSN message boards usually have non-stop hate on him.

vCash
    ^^ Roberto wasn't the only lousy Canuck player out there tonight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    ^^ Roberto wasn't the only lousy Canuck player out there tonight.
    Never said he was. He is going to get attacked though. People were out to get him after game 1, and now that he let in 5 goals. Luongo has been the scape goat in Vancouver from the media, and "some" fans.

vCash
    I didn't know where to put this so I'm putting it here but does it concern you at all the manner that the goals have been scored on the Nucks thus far?

Neal from the icing line.
    Cooke from the edge of the crease.
    Cooke floater...softie.
    Atkinson alone in front, first shot of the game
    Prospal from behind the net.

The Nucks have given up 5 goals this season and 2 of them were from behind the net. Does it concern you guys at all that your goaltending may or may not have taken a huge confidence hit from those playoffs? I'm just curious as to what you guys think. In Toronto, unless its a young goalie with promise(Pogge, Reimer), everything that goes in is the end of the world as we know it but I don't know how it is in Vancouver. Luongo's poor opener probably has a lot to do with the fact that he didn't get to play in the preseason barely at all and Schneider was decent the other night. Does it concern you guys? Are you more concerned with something else?

vCash
    Not really concerned about goaltending atm. Luu always starts slowly, a lot of us questioned AV not playing his veterans much in exhibition, but that's over now and we just have to get on with it. The book on Luu has always been that he is vulnerable from behind the net and he continues to work on it.

I'm more concerned about our offence and the decrepitude of the wingers on the second line.

I'm excited to see guys like Hamhuis and Malhotra back to full health again, and it's great to see Ballard with a solid role on the team, now that we have an opening for an offensive D man. I think they're looking at this road trip as a chance to gel early and they're trying to be solid and consistent while they play without probably their most dynamic player, Kesler.

I think the whole goalie thing is way overblow tbh. I don't even think about it and rarely post about it because in the big picture we have two above average + goalies.

vCash
    We couldnt care less about regular season goaltending. If Luongo allows soft goals in the playoffs, then we all want to get rid of him. Its unfair to jump to conclusions after 2 reg season games because Luongold always has horrible Octobers. Plus, we all know he allows a ton of softies. So what I saw past two nights is what Ive seen past 5 years.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Just unlucky, too many penalties already.

vCash
    Anyone have a stream for this game?
    http://relicradiation.com My band. Download our 2014 demo free. Progressive rock.

vCash
    Wtf is with the score? This game seems to be wide open.

#3in5

<3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Wtf is with the score? This game seems to be wide open.
    Its incredibly sloppy and the Canucks have given up a bunch of PPs.

vCash
    Its gonna take awhile for this team to get their **** together.

#3in5

<3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast