..............................21.4 	PP% 	0.0
    ..............................69.2 	PK% 	66.7
    ..............................33.7 	S/G 	39.0
    ..............................26.7 	SA/G    30.5
    ..............................52.3 	FO% 	45.0
    GAME PREVIEW
    CANUCKS (1-1-1) at RED WINGS (2-0-0)

TV: SNET-Vancouver; FS-Detroit (HD)

Season series: The Canucks conclude a tough stretch of three games in four nights on the road with the first of their four meetings against the Red Wings. The teams split four games last season, though one of Detroit's wins came in overtime and the other in a shootout.

Big Story: The Canucks come off a 5-4 loss at Philadelphia on Wednesday, a game in which they fell behind early, pulled even at 4-4 but allowed the Flyers to score a minute later. In contrast, the well-rested Wings, who beat Ottawa and Colorado on back-to-back nights, have been off since last Saturday.

Team Scope:

Canucks: In its first three games, Vancouver has shown glimmers of the team that led the overall standings, but the Canucks have yet to put together a complete 60-minute performance. They paid the price for sloppy play and bad penalties against the Flyers, negating a lot of good work in the final two periods.

"We want to be playing our best game right now, we're not happy with the way things are going," defenseman Kevin Bieksa said after Wednesday's loss. "We are good enough to play a full 60 minutes. We are not doing that. When we do play, you see what happens out there."

Red Wings: After not playing since Saturday's 3-0 win at Colorado, the Wings will be delighted to see the Canucks come to Joe Louis Arena.

"It'll be great," Wings coach Mike Babcock told the Detroit Free Press after Wednesday's practice. "Players are tired of practicing, and I'm tired of watching them practice. I want to watch them play. It should be fun. We've had a good week and that, but you want to get playing. Vancouver is a good team, should be good."

Who's Hot: Canucks forward Daniel Sedin, the defending NHL scoring champion, has five points in his first three games, one more than twin brother Henrik. … Jakub Kindl, who's gotten a chance on the blue line due to injuries, leads the Wings with a plus-5 rating through two games.

Injury Report: Ryan Kesler (hip) and Mason Raymond (back) remain on the long-term injured list, though Kesler is skating and may be able to play when the Canucks return home next week. Defenseman Aaron Rome (hand) is also out. … The Wings are without defenseman Mike Commodore (knee), who's skating and hopes to be back next week, and forward Jan Mursak (ankle).

Stat Pack: The Canucks have gotten points in each of their last six meetings with the Wings, winning three times in regulation and losing twice in OT and once in a shootout.

Puck Drop: For the Canucks to improve, they've got to get off to better starts. Vancouver has given up the first goal in all three games so far -- and taken at least three penalties in the first period of each game thus far.

"We are our own worst enemy, if we aren't making mistakes or putting ourselves down we feel confident that we can beat anybody," Bieksa said. "Five-on-five we are strong, with the man advantage we are strong, it's just mistakes right now."
    ---------------------------------

PREDICTIONS:

Winner:

Final score:

GWG Scored in:

First Star:

Last edited by sfgiants1213; 10-13-2011 at 01:29 AM.
    2014 Indianapolis Colts: Let's Hunt

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Winner: Detroit

Final score: 4-2

GWG Scored in: Helm

First Star: Datsyuk

vCash
    If Luongo's in:

Wings win, 5-2

If Schneids is in:

Canucks win, 4-3

Sorry, but I don't buy the "slow starter in October" tag. He is a professional and should be ready for the season when it starts. I'm also confused as to why Luongo drops to his belly every time he has a one-on-one with an opposing player. Granted he made a beauty save in last night's game off his toe, but I just don't trust him yet. Seems every time the offense get sgoing and nets a goal, Luongo lets the other team back in by letting in a softie. It's a bit disheartening. Schneids, on the other hand = solid.

vCash
    I don't get why people think Cory is better than Luongo. It's three games, fellas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    I don't get why people think Cory is better than Luongo. It's three games, fellas.
    Everyone loves the backup quarterback.

vCash
    lol, that's a great analogy.

Nuck-U, glad to see you here again. However, I completely disagree with what you said. Luongo's october was bad last year and look where he ended up. He's a great regular season goalie, but he happens to get off to bad starts. I don't know the psychology behind it, but it is what it is.

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Month - Save Pct - GAA

Oct - .915 - 2.62
    Nov - .916 - 2.53
    Dec - .923 - 2.44
    Jan - .921 - 2.56
    Feb - .923 - 2.45
    Mar - .920 - 2.49
    Apr - .904 - 2.88

So throughout his career, October + April have always been his crappy months. He's just a slow starter.

<3

vCash
    Thanks SF, I have been away for some time, sunk into deep depression over last years SC finals and subsequent riots. But seriously, I'm still having difficulty getting psyched for this season, but it's here already. It was just an observation, and perhaps I need to practice patience with the team and Luongo. And maybe the blame shouldn't be layed strictly on Lu, the defense was lacking as well. On a good note, I like what I'm seeing from Hodgson. I hope we can find a way to keep him in the lineup when Kesler gets back from his photo shoot with Playgirl (hehe)

vCash
    4 games, 2 for Lu, 2 for Schneider?

Luongo isn't gonna get any better if they don't let him play.

vCash
    It's going to be the same game plan as last year. Give Schneider 25 starts including the back to backs.

<3

vCash
    Interesting line combos:

Daniel-henrik-burrows
    Higgins-hodgson-hansen
    Manny-Lappy-Weise
    Sturm-Ebbet-Samuelsson

<3

vCash
    I already miss Ehrhoff.

<3

vCash
    So happy with the result. Howard was very good, and that's back-to-back shutouts for us.

vCash
    At least Schneider kept us in the game. If we lose next game to Edmonton, something is wrong.

<3

vCash
    Sad day
    TAKE PRIDE