Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Who hangs up first?

I proposed this in the game thread, but I wanted to get more reaction to this trade idea. Let's say Phoenix is out of the playoff race at the trade deadline and Vancouver's 2nd line is still a mess.

Proposal: Cory Schneider to Phoenix for Shane Doan.

Is this even realistic? Would both sides agree to this? Am I an idiot for even thinking this could be possible?
    2014 Indianapolis Colts: Let's Hunt

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    I think he will be worth more to the Canucks than Doan even though Doan is a very good option. Never say never, contract or no contract, it may be Roberto that gets traded. Stranger things have happened in pro sports. If Cory proves to be as good a goalie as Luu but stronger mentally, you would hope that Gillis sees that in time to trade him (Luu) while his asset value is higher. Ultimately we want to hang onto the right goalie.
    Last edited by ink; 10-11-2011 at 07:13 PM.

vCash
    Who would want Roberto's contract?
    2014 Indianapolis Colts: Let's Hunt

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Shane Doan has been awesome the last two years in the playoffs. He was really the only one doing anything. Doan is among my favourites in the game.

In the last four seasons Shane Doan has a 60, 55, 73, and a 78 point season in a low scoring system. He's the heart and soul of that team. He is 35 years old though. At the same time, Cory is 25, and still very unproven.

So after looking at all of that, I'm not too sure. Doan has five or so seasons left, while Cory probably has around 10. Doan's a legit first liner, while Cory's still considered a future #1 goalie with potential of becoming an all-star.