Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
259. You may not vote on this poll
  • 49ers

    107 41.31%
  • Lions

    152 58.69%
Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 674
  1. #361
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,561
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Um not exactly.

    I've learned a lot this week about 9er fans and their infatuation with statistics. The problem is that simply looking at #'s and saying "we're better at this and ur better at that." doesn't really tell the whole story.

    The Lions PLAY TO WIN THE GAME. They go into milk the clock mode almost as soon as they get a lead and one of Stafford's best traits is that he doesn't force the ball into coverage. They have big play potential and they make sure they don't beat themselves. They stay alive to let the big plays mean something. IF Stafford was passing for 400 yards a game like Cam Newton, that would probably be a sign that they are losing games and having trouble keeping up with teams. As a fan and a Stafford/Calvin fantasy owner I'd like the 400 yard games but for winning. I think they have a good formula and running up the score may come with time.

    They could be like the Packers and keep throwing the ball down the field in blow-outs but honestly I don't think that is very brilliant either. I would not be surprised if the Packers over confidence bites them this year in the form of an injury in a game that they didn't run clock when they should have.

    Anyway, 9er fans, I'm very impressed with your ability to look up statistics and try to sell people on why u r so good but the people that know what they see on the field, like Vegas and sports media all know this is a match-up that favors Detroit big time. Detroit's talent is head and shoulders ahead of SF...oh except for that LB u have that is faster than all other NFL players and can stuff the run while also covering the flat...didn't want to ruffle any feathers and not give ur 1 big time player cred.

    Hmm...We have two linebackers that are better than all of yours in Willis and Bowman....

    You have the better qb, we have the better running back. You have the better receivers we have the better TE's. Both of our OL's are pretty bad..

    You have the better DL, but we have the best overall dlineman. Suh is the best pass rusher, Justin Smith is the best run stopper, but also is a damn good pass rusher. Our linebackers run cirlces around yours, not even close. You have the better coverage safeties, we have the better tackling safeties. Corners are about even if not favoring us because of Rogers' play.

    Kickers are about even, Punter we have one of the best in the league to your rookie ( I love your punter by the way, Iowa fan) And Ginn is the better returner......

    So what was that again?
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  2. #362
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The beez neez
    Posts
    16,135
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Um not exactly.

    I've learned a lot this week about 9er fans and their infatuation with statistics. The problem is that simply looking at #'s and saying "we're better at this and ur better at that." doesn't really tell the whole story.

    The Lions PLAY TO WIN THE GAME. They go into milk the clock mode almost as soon as they get a lead and one of Stafford's best traits is that he doesn't force the ball into coverage. They have big play potential and they make sure they don't beat themselves. They stay alive to let the big plays mean something. IF Stafford was passing for 400 yards a game like Cam Newton, that would probably be a sign that they are losing games and having trouble keeping up with teams. As a fan and a Stafford/Calvin fantasy owner I'd like the 400 yard games but for winning. I think they have a good formula and running up the score may come with time.

    They could be like the Packers and keep throwing the ball down the field in blow-outs but honestly I don't think that is very brilliant either. I would not be surprised if the Packers over confidence bites them this year in the form of an injury in a game that they didn't run clock when they should have.

    Anyway, 9er fans, I'm very impressed with your ability to look up statistics and try to sell people on why u r so good but the people that know what they see on the field, like Vegas and sports media all know this is a match-up that favors Detroit big time. Detroit's talent is head and shoulders ahead of SF...oh except for that LB u have that is faster than all other NFL players and can stuff the run while also covering the flat...didn't want to ruffle any feathers and not give ur 1 big time player cred.
    great logic
    Last edited by jbeezy; 10-15-2011 at 10:37 AM.

  3. #363
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,488
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    You quote what I said, say not exactly then go on to say nothing about what I said? And what are you talking about 9er fans looking up stats? Do you really think you have a better run defense and run offense than we do? Do you really think we have a better pass defense and pass offense than you do? Again why did you quote what I said then address nothing as to what I said? lol...some people just type to type I guess. Good for you, make sure you fingers are on the home row and you're doing great!
    You r saying ur "run defense" is better than Det and "pass offense/pass defense..." this and that. I assumed you were looking at some sort of statistics to make those claims but maybe not. I might have you confused with other guys.

    The only thing you can point to and say Det has a lesser run defense is yards per game/carry, well I look at the over all games and situations. The Lions have not allowed any team to get a 1st down on any 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 this season. They have allowed 1 rushing TD all while pressuring the opposing QB on 80-90% of the pass plays. They play the run on the way to the QB and they make plays all game long. They control the run the way they want to and the oppositions running game doesn't beat them...obviously.

    The Lions defense is better than SF...run, pass, whatever...they are badder and better. 9er fans are trying to hang their hat on SF being better at something than Det and it's simply not true. Cook the stats however you want to say SF is better at stopping the run or whatever but the Lions defense is better at winning games.

    It that enough info/stats/argument for some of you or is this all Nostradamus B.S.?

  4. #364
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    santa cruz, ca
    Posts
    4,947
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Um not exactly.

    I've learned a lot this week about 9er fans and their infatuation with statistics. The problem is that simply looking at #'s and saying "we're better at this and ur better at that." doesn't really tell the whole story.

    The Lions PLAY TO WIN THE GAME. They go into milk the clock mode almost as soon as they get a lead and one of Stafford's best traits is that he doesn't force the ball into coverage. They have big play potential and they make sure they don't beat themselves. They stay alive to let the big plays mean something. IF Stafford was passing for 400 yards a game like Cam Newton, that would probably be a sign that they are losing games and having trouble keeping up with teams. As a fan and a Stafford/Calvin fantasy owner I'd like the 400 yard games but for winning. I think they have a good formula and running up the score may come with time.

    They could be like the Packers and keep throwing the ball down the field in blow-outs but honestly I don't think that is very brilliant either. I would not be surprised if the Packers over confidence bites them this year in the form of an injury in a game that they didn't run clock when they should have.

    Anyway, 9er fans, I'm very impressed with your ability to look up statistics and try to sell people on why u r so good but the people that know what they see on the field, like Vegas and sports media all know this is a match-up that favors Detroit big time. Detroit's talent is head and shoulders ahead of SF...oh except for that LB u have that is faster than all other NFL players and can stuff the run while also covering the flat...didn't want to ruffle any feathers and not give ur 1 big time player cred.
    really? cause im 100% positive that our running back is better than yours, our TE is better than yours, our other Lb is better than yours, and our pass rushing as a whole have been the same as yours, besides Suh justin smth is by far the second best D linemen in the game. the problem with you is you think you know what your talking about but your really obviously watch football outside of your team ti know what your talking about. also stop talking about vegas and the media there they are wrong quit a bit so if thats your basis your a clown. and i am glad with the abilty to bring up stats cause at this point i cant say the say with you , just talking with opinion and no facts really make you an *** and a wannabe analysts. but i guess we shouldnt play since wee playing the 92' cowboys. you lions fans love to crown your self before you have won anything.

  5. #365
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,488
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Hmm...We have two linebackers that are better than all of yours in Willis and Bowman....

    You have the better qb, we have the better running back. You have the better receivers we have the better TE's. Both of our OL's are pretty bad..

    You have the better DL, but we have the best overall dlineman. Suh is the best pass rusher, Justin Smith is the best run stopper, but also is a damn good pass rusher. Our linebackers run cirlces around yours, not even close. You have the better coverage safeties, we have the better tackling safeties. Corners are about even if not favoring us because of Rogers' play.

    Kickers are about even, Punter we have one of the best in the league to your rookie ( I love your punter by the way, Iowa fan) And Ginn is the better returner......

    So what was that again?
    Which one of ur dlineman r better than SUH?

    I just think it's funny that all the SF "We're better" arguments go something like..."We're better and faster at LB, and Carlos Rodgers, LB's better, bout same on O-Line but our LB's r better, safetys about the same but our LB's are better, Stafford might be better, but our LB's are better, Gore is better and our LB's are so fast ppl can't even see them so that's an advantage...."-

  6. #366
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,561
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    You r saying ur "run defense" is better than Det and "pass offense/pass defense..." this and that. I assumed you were looking at some sort of statistics to make those claims but maybe not. I might have you confused with other guys.

    The only thing you can point to and say Det has a lesser run defense is yards per game/carry, well I look at the over all games and situations. The Lions have not allowed any team to get a 1st down on any 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 this season. They have allowed 1 rushing TD all while pressuring the opposing QB on 80-90% of the pass plays. They play the run on the way to the QB and they make plays all game long. They control the run the way they want to and the oppositions running game doesn't beat them...obviously.

    The Lions defense is better than SF...run, pass, whatever...they are badder and better. 9er fans are trying to hang their hat on SF being better at something than Det and it's simply not true. Cook the stats however you want to say SF is better at stopping the run or whatever but the Lions defense is better at winning games.

    It that enough info/stats/argument for some of you or is this all Nostradamus B.S.?
    You say the 9er fans are all about stats, why did you just list a bunch of stats off? Weird...The 9ers have gone 26 straight games with out allowing a 100 yard rusher....That not impressive to you? You just just allowed 100 yards rushing last week...To say you have a better run defense is asinine and well, flat out wrong. It's been said the 9ers have the best run defense in the NFL, I haven't heard anything about the Lions even being close to that. Is everyone else wrong too? And you're right?
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  7. #367
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,561
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Which one of ur dlineman r better than SUH?

    I just think it's funny that all the SF "We're better" arguments go something like..."We're better and faster at LB, and Carlos Rodgers, LB's better, bout same on O-Line but our LB's r better, safetys about the same but our LB's are better, Stafford might be better, but our LB's are better, Gore is better and our LB's are so fast ppl can't even see them so that's an advantage...."-
    Justin Smith is the better OVERALL defensive lineman. Suh is a pass rusher. Smith is an all around do every thing guy.

    You are the definition of a hypocrite. Our linebackers are leaps and bounds better than yours. It's really not close man..You read what you want and say nothing what anyone says

    I don't really know why I'm even paying attention to you, you're a closet fan who's team started doing good and now you're in here talking ****. I'm done with you
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  8. #368
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    santa cruz, ca
    Posts
    4,947
    vCash
    1500
    i love how lions fans are putting words in to our mouths say were saying were better than them when 99.9 % niner fans on here have litterally said that its going to be a good game and the lions are a real tough opponent, yet what a huge chunk of the lions fans have done is pop off that they are so much better than the niners without any real facts but a one game difference to prove how bad you are. you guys can still lose its not a huge disparity. like you are so great that we have no chance... we have been a pretty good 4th quarter team our selves.

  9. #369
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    15,367
    vCash
    1500
    For the most part Detroit fans have been good, each team has parts of a game that are better than the others while there are some things that are the same. Neither side should be saying either team will dominate. I expect a close game. Both teams have had to come back and got lucky in doing so as either one could have easily gone the other way. **** the Lions and Niners have a 9-1 record by week 6, last year we were a combined 1-9 at this time. I'm willing to acknowledge faults/strengths in my team and strengths/weakness in the opponent, some people just cant do that. I dont like any fan that thinks they're team is unstoppable in this game, both have holes, and its gonna come down to one big play or one mistake. And each team is capable of the first and neither has been doing much of the latter, so it should be a great game. The future contenders in the NFC on display.

  10. #370
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,488
    vCash
    1500
    At least I'm keeping on topic about the game and the teams. Personal attacks of my football knowledge and my character is all you guys seem to be able to get any traction with.

    This is a sports message board not a "I can be sharper with my insults" board. I wish it was a personal attack/show off my wit message board because a lot of you guys are so minor league I'd have a field day.

    I'm going to stay on topic talking about how much better the Lions are than the 9ers and you guys can say I'm a fair weather, know nothing football fan because I don't have 1000 posts on this board.

  11. #371
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    santa cruz, ca
    Posts
    4,947
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    At least I'm keeping on topic about the game and the teams. Personal attacks of my football knowledge and my character is all you guys seem to be able to get any traction with.

    This is a sports message board not a "I can be sharper with my insults" board. I wish it was a personal attack/show off my wit message board because a lot of you guys are so minor league I'd have a field day.

    I'm going to stay on topic talking about how much better the Lions are than the 9ers and you guys can say I'm a fair weather, know nothing football fan because I don't have 1000 posts on this board.
    i could careless about how many post you have or if your fair weather, but you have honestly none nothing to warrant the respect you obviously expect or want. the fact is you are using opinion as fact at times and have not brought any real facts to support your opinion only picked little ones to support you theory as to why your team is so much better than ours without even playing the game yet. honestly your completely misrepresenting your fanbase right now. dont act like you have been innocent. man up, have a field day if you want buddy cause nobody gives a **** about you. you havent talked sports you have talked out of your ***. anyways this thread has run its corse it seem all the good Lion fans have left. so good luck, even though you wont need it

  12. #372
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    Posts
    10,237
    vCash
    1500
    ^^^Some fans on PSD believe their opinion=fact. Whenever I see this just that said poster as still being in their teens, unable to use fact and reason to back their arguement yet.

  13. #373
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,488
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenstater View Post
    the problem with you is you think you know what your talking about but your really obviously watch football outside of your team ti know what your talking about. also stop talking about vegas and the media there they are wrong quit a bit so if thats your basis your a clown. and i am glad with the abilty to bring up stats cause at this point i cant say the say with you , just talking with opinion and no facts really make you an *** and a wannabe analysts. but i guess we shouldnt play since wee playing the 92' cowboys. you lions fans love to crown your self before you have won anything.
    Very classy my friend.

    Glad you figured out that I am in here faking it and don't know anything about football. And those idiots in Vegas with the giant buildings built with the $ they make from knowing more about sports than the average person and the complete fools on TV that try to pretend they know about football just because most of them are former players are always wrong like you say so the 9ers are in good shape.

    I'm not sure what more facts you are looking for. I've pointed out the Lions blocking scheme on pass plays, I've looked beyond the simple yards per carry/game numbers to explain why the Lions run D is better than people think and I've helped explain why the Lions offensive #'s are not gaudier than they could be because they are focusing on winning. If you need me to break down more information to help you understand, just let me know, I can do this all day.

  14. #374
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,488
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenstater View Post
    i could careless about how many post you have or if your fair weather, but you have honestly none nothing to warrant the respect you obviously expect or want. the fact is you are using opinion as fact at times and have not brought any real facts to support your opinion only picked little ones to support you theory as to why your team is so much better than ours without even playing the game yet. honestly your completely misrepresenting your fanbase right now. dont act like you have been innocent. man up, have a field day if you want buddy cause nobody gives a **** about you. you havent talked sports you have talked out of your ***. anyways this thread has run its corse it seem all the good Lion fans have left. so good luck, even though you wont need it
    Oh I'm sorry I didn't bring the real facts you are looking for.

    Here it is:

    5-0

  15. #375
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The beez neez
    Posts
    16,135
    vCash
    1500
    Niners will have the advantage in the return game. Detroit's opponents avg 30.3 on kick off returns (5th worst) while the 49ers avg 32.5 per return. (2nd best)

    Teddy Ginn can take it to the house at any given point during the game.

    Another huge help to our d will be Andy Lee. He will pin the Lions deep on pretty much all of his punts. He actually nets a better avg per punt than the Lions punter gets per punt (47.5 to 42.7)

    Look for the Lions to be working with a long field and the Niners a short one. If you dont think that is a big deal than you dont know football.

Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •