Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Calling all SABRES Fans!

I have to say I was a bit disappointed to come in here after a 2-0 start to the season and realize that not a single post occured since mine during the offseason in July.

CALLING ALL SABRES FANS! We have a lot to be excited about.

We overhauled the Defense which was a glaring issue last night.
    Early on, our Forwards seem to be clicking
    The team seems motivated/rejuvenated

I am very excited and would love to see some activity in this forum.

vCash
    Keep in mind Boyes hasn't even played yet. This team looks good, real good. I love their top nine, the new defense, and of course, Ryan Miller. Luke Adam has looked good thus far as well. NHL.com was talking about him for the Calder, but I just don't see it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Keep in mind Boyes hasn't even played yet. This team looks good, real good. I love their top nine, the new defense, and of course, Ryan Miller. Luke Adam has looked good thus far as well. NHL.com was talking about him for the Calder, but I just don't see it.
    How many other rookie forwards are playing on the top line for a projected division winning team?

He'll get 40-50-60 pts just for the line he is on, even if he's not great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    How many other rookie forwards are playing on the top line for a projected division winning team?

He'll get 40-50-60 pts just for the line he is on, even if he's not great.
    That is great, but I just think we'll see a rookie with an even bigger season. His ice-time will decrease when Brad Boyes is back too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    That is great, but I just think we'll see a rookie with an even bigger season. His ice-time will decrease when Brad Boyes is back too.
    I've been to two of the home games (preseason) so far. I'll be in the party suite on Friday. The last game I went to was the against Toronto game where Luke scored and got the first star of the game. After the game the radio crew was saying how great he played... I didn't see it during the game. Luke missed 3 of 4 net-wide-open opportunities. He buried one which was great and all, but he easily could have had 3-4 goals.

He seems to be getting some confidence, he just needs to work on connecting with the puck if it isn't a perfect saucer pass to the tape.

vCash
    I envy you being in the suite on Friday - but then again at least I will be watching the SABRES!