Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Arizona Fires Mike Stoops

I am watching the live press conference as we speak, Mike Stoops is no longer the head football coach for Arizona.

vCash
    He deserved it in my opinion always going ballistic at his players and he couldn't even beat OSU who hasn't been that great of a team this year.

Just about that action boss.

vCash

Took long enough. I will not miss watching that looney on the sidelines at all.

vCash
    In all fairness, Arizona lost 6 or 7 starters to injury before the season even started, and then after playing Northern Arizona to start the year their next 3 games were against teams ranked in the Top 10. After those games they lost two more games on the road to USC and then Oregon State. Adding up all the injuries along with the schedule, I don't think anyone else would do any better. If you ever saw their facilities plus the fact they can't even sell out their games when they're ranked in the Top 10(which was only last year), it's easy to see why he struggled in recruiting as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
    In all fairness, Arizona lost 6 or 7 starters to injury before the season even started, and then after playing Northern Arizona to start the year their next 3 games were against teams ranked in the Top 10. After those games they lost two more games on the road to USC and then Oregon State. Adding up all the injuries along with the schedule, I don't think anyone else would do any better. If you ever saw their facilities plus the fact they can't even sell out their games when they're ranked in the Top 10(which was only last year), it's easy to see why he struggled in recruiting as well.
    I get all that, and agree that U of A has had some tough breaks lately, but still, Mike Stoops is an asshat.