Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

How many players in NBA history are capable of taking weak/average casts to Finals?

Hakeem
    LeBron
    Jordan
    Wilt
    Shaq
    Kareem
    maybe Duncan, but I don't think he has as much scoring firepower as the other guys

...are the only ones I can think of.
    through 06/28/2014...

2014 Giancarlo Stanton (on pace for)

81/81 G
    .316/57/21/60/7 w/ 4.4 fWAR & 5.1 rWAR

He's comin' for that title, Mike Trout (on pace for)

75/79 G
    .312/53/18/59/10 w/ 5.4 fWAR & 5.0 rWAR

vCash
    Jordan couldn't do it without pippen and Kobe would've taken that team in 06 to that finals if it wasn't for that choke job the team had after they were up 3-1 and Lebrons team was far from average it wasn't top 5 good but top 10 forsure

Love him or hate him, call him overrated, a punk, chump, and whatever blasphemy you people speak, fact of the matter is there is no denying he's the best of his generation and will go down as a top 5 player ever...what he has done for the NBA is amazing he's the biggest name in basketball all around the world and his chase for number 6 continues! All that matters though to us Laker fans is #17! Lakersnation! #16to17

vCash
    LMAO ^ that response above me. I'll reply properly when I get home
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Hell no, he (Durant) is too humble of a player and I only like humble players.
    Quote Originally Posted by b@llhog24 View Post
    He lost with HCA, while having 5 time champion Derek Fisher coming off the bench!
    PWND!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Jordan couldn't do it without pippen and Kobe would've taken that team in 06 to that finals if it wasn't for that choke job the team had after they were up 3-1 and Lebrons team was far from average it wasn't top 5 good but top 10 forsure

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    Dwight Howard took Hedo Turkoglu and Rashard Lewis to the Finals, don't tell me they were good players because all they did was spot up and shoot wide open 3pt shots from Dwight getting doubled team.

vCash
    I can see why people want to say Jordan, but in order for one player to drag a bad roster to contender status, that player needs to be someone who makes his teammates better, and can get them shots in their correct areas.

Magic and LeBron are the first two that come to mind for me.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lovemeorhateme View Post
    jordan couldn't do it without pippen and kobe would've taken that team in
    06 to that finals if it wasn't for that choke job the team had after they were up 3-1 and lebrons team was far from average it wasn't top 5 good but top 10 forsure
    lol..

vCash
    Hakeem
    LeBron

Are the only ones who took truly bad supporting casts to the finals that I can think of.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D12 fan View Post
    Dwight Howard took Hedo Turkoglu and Rashard Lewis to the Finals, don't tell me they were good players because all they did was spot up and shoot wide open 3pt shots from Dwight getting doubled team.
    Your eyes were deceiving you. Come to think of it, I think this is a common trend.

LeBron has done it. Hakeem did it. Dwight did do it. Dirk did it. I'm sure plenty others have too.

The rest of those guys up there didn't go as far with less as far as I'm aware. Most probably could, but we don't know for certain.

vCash
    Any team that gets to the finals is far from weak. They earn their spot from talent, good chemistry, and hard work. One player can not take a weak team to the finals or the NBA in general is very sad.
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions:
    Yards:
    Tds:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jerellh528 View Post
    Any team that gets to the finals is far from weak. They earn their spot from talent, good chemistry, and hard work. One player can not take a weak team to the finals or the NBA in general is very sad.
    Look what Lebron had in Cleveland ... nothing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    Look what Lebron had in Cleveland ... nothing.
    So if lebron was able to lead a team with "nothing" to the finals, how come he wasn't able to win a ring with a loaded miami team his first year, and only took cleveland to the finals once? it takes more than 1 great player. Lebron is a beast no doubt, but it takes a snow ball of things for a team to reach the finals.

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions:
    Yards:
    Tds:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jerellh528 View Post
    So if lebron was able to lead a team with "nothing" to the finals, how come he wasn't able to win a ring with a loaded miami team his first year, and only took cleveland to the finals once? it takes more than 1 great player. Lebron is a beast no doubt, but it takes a snow ball of things for a team to reach the finals.
    I never said he could do it every year?

The fact that he did it once with that trash team in Cleveland is 100x more impressive than winning a ring with the Heat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    I never said he could do it every year?

The fact that he did it once with that trash team in Cleveland is 100x more impressive than winning a ring with the Heat.
    Ok i can see that. I do agree he and shaq are probably the two i can think of that probably contribute the most wins for their teams just based on the "eye" test.

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions:
    Yards:
    Tds:

vCash
    How come Cleveland had the best record in the league if they were so bad outside Lebron ?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast