Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

10/10 Minnesota at Islanders

Hope to continue looking like how we did last night. Losing PMB for this one hurts, I was hoping he would get off to a hot start, and after getting two assists his first night, I thought things were looking up for him, then he got a BS call. Regardless, I think Setoguchi, Heatley and Koivu line can carry again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    Hope to continue looking like how we did last night. Losing PMB for this one hurts, I was hoping he would get off to a hot start, and after getting two assists his first night, I thought things were looking up for him, then he got a BS call. Regardless, I think Setoguchi, Heatley and Koivu line can carry again.
    That and the fact the Islanders suck donkey balls should be enough to win this game.

vCash
    Damn, just saw we are down 2-0 in the 1st. Did not expect that.

vCash
    It's obvious PMB is sorely missed. Sloppy puck handling and can't capitalize much at all.

vCash
    Islanders outplayed us in the 1st period, we dominated the last 2, outshooting NYI 19-5...unfortunately with the way hockey works, you can play better than the other team and still lose. I can't help but think that if PMB wasnt suspended, we could have at least come away with one point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom Listens View Post
    That and the fact the Islanders suck donkey balls should be enough to win this game.
    Totally

Wild looked good today though outside of that "should be" sick top line. They were just weak, couldn't contribute any offense really, mistakes all over. Couldn't buy a goal on the PP either.

PMB would have helped but don't know if one player missing would have changed the outcome. Isles are missing their 4th best defenseman and Nino Niederreiter who would have started the year on the 1st line.

Everyones missing players.

Either way, controlling the play for 2 periods is a good sign going forward considering you wer eplaying a fast young up and coming team, but it's all about the finish. If that 1st lie can get going and you can get the PP going the Wild could make the playoffs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    that top line generated two goals in their first game, I am not worried about them at all...I am worried about our lack of depth after that first line. I think it would be beneficial to split Heatley and Setoguchi up. Both would benefit from not taking so many shots away from the other, and one would benefit from being on the second line with Bouchards playmaking ability.

vCash
    Dont think Seto should eb on the 1st lien anyway, totally agree 2nd lien shoukd have PMB and Seto, maybe put Latendresse on the 1st line. He has skill, grit, and would benefit from having 2 great players with him.

Does Cullen primarily play W or C? I assume wing, if so, he works on eithe rthe 2nd or 3rd.

Your right about depth being an issue though. Im sure guys like Powe and Staubits and Gillies have to play 3rd line minutes sometimes which isnt very good (could make an argument for Gillies caus ei think eh ahs fringe 2nd line potential).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    cullen plays C, but with PMB on his line, they kind of rotate the C duties....Cullen always takes the face off though off course.