Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    Horrible horrible turn over. Come on...

vCash
    First power play coming up for us finally...

vCash
    Sloppy power play...

vCash
    Stamkos goal! Game over!

vCash
    Great win, we definitely needed that one against Washington. Guys played okay, but seemed pretty sloppy, especially on the one PP chance. Hedman was strong and Kubina played well, overall I thought the D was pretty good, other than the one turnover by Gilroy that turned into a goal. Not a bad game...

vCash
    and there is no way that turnover was not actually a hooking penalty.

His stick was covering Gilroy's hands ... you can't hook any more than that.

vCash
    Yeah that's true, it was a pretty painful non-call...
    Last edited by americaspasttim; 02-02-2012 at 04:59 PM.

vCash
    Caps are losing...

vCash
    Thursday, February 23 8:30 pm ET

Code:
    Injuries
    Tampa Bay Lightning
    Player 	  	Status/Updated 	Notes
    Marc-Andre Bergeron 	D 	Ques Thurs - Back - 2/22/12 	Bergeron is dealing with a nagging back injury and sat out his last four games as a result. He is listed as questionable for Thursday's game against the Jets.
    Vincent Lecavalier 	C 	Out indefinitely - Upper Body - 2/21/12 	The Tampa Bay Lightning announced Tuesday that Lecavalier will be out indefinitely with a non-displaced fracture in his right hand, sustained in their game on February 18th against the Capitals.
    Dana Tyrell 	C 	out for season - Knee - 1/25/12 	Tyrell requires reconstructive right knee surgery to repair a partially torn ACL and will miss the remainder of the season as a result.
    Mattias Ohlund 	D 	I-R - Knee - 1/4/12 	Ohland underwent arthroscopic surgery on both of his knees on October 11th and has been placed on injured reserve. He has suffered a setback in his recovery and it is unclear if he will be able to return this season.
    Winnipeg Jets
    Player 	  	Status/Updated 	Notes
    Zach Bogosian 	D 	Ques Thurs - Upper Body - 2/22/12 	Bogosian missed the last four games due to an upper body injury and remains questionable for Thursday's game against the Lightning.

vCash
    A win here would be huge for our playoff chances...

vCash

Above and beyond the call of duty lol...

vCash
    Maybe I'm crazy, but last night this looked like an entirely different Lightning team from what I've seen this season. More hustle, more aggression, better puck movement. Hopefully it's not too little, too late to get into the playoffs. If they can somehow make it in, the team I watched last night could make some noise.

vCash
    Bolts do still have outside shot at the post season, but make no mistake....this team is in "Audition" mode.

Guys want jobs next year, they are trying to do things now so they can build off of for next season, and Boucher will have guys going in and out of the lineup to see what he really has.

Make no mistake, the team WANTS to win NOW...as well they should.
    But the most important thing at the moment is for everyone to be giving their all..win or lose, and show themselves and the rest of the league that this season was just a prepper for what's to come.

Sometimes, a team has to take a step back, to make two steps forward....the Bolts made the Eastern Conference Finals last year, and came within a game of the SC Finals, and now this season, they are struggling to even make the top 8.
    Its ok, we are not rebuilding, I prefer to think we are re-LOADING. And Stevie Y has made some moves to address some of our issues.

I am not going to delude myself into thinking the Bolts are going to "make noise" in the playoffs....if they even get there. I know darn well this team STILL has some defensive issues, and most definitely GOAL TENDING issues.

That said, I root for my Bolts, and indeed am looking forward to what next season may bring.
    I like the additions of Lee, Aulie, hell even Commodore.....he is showing some serious sandpaper this team really needs out there.
    Whether Commodore is part of the long term plans, who knows...but for the here and now, given the current situation, I like him there...its nice when you have an experienced rugged guy like him patrolling the blue line and not letting other teams get young guys like Connolly, Aulie, Lee involved in garbage play and just let them develop.
    Commodore will take the brunt of the abuse to allow the developing players to do their thing.

Brett Clark, Bruno Gervais, Dwayne Roloson, and maybe even Adam Hall.....none of those guys, I believe will be part of the near future plans for this team.

Now, if somehow, someway, the Bolts DO make it into the post season, it is rather comforting to know that they have shown they can match up pretty well against the likes of the Rangers.
    I can root for that, though I know the realities.

I like what I am seeing from this team now, and am excited about what they can bring next season, when some "green" players are a bit more matured, and our D-man have had more ice time in big situations.
    Now, about that goaltending need......
    Last edited by PineAppleFlavor; 03-03-2012 at 03:42 PM.

vCash
    Teddy Purcell has been unstoppable lately...

vCash
    Teddy has really stepped up since Vincent went out.

I have a lot of faith that Purcell can develop into a first line player if he really wants it bad enough.

He has shown now what he can do when he isn't coasting ... I would love to see him prove me right and keep it up.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456