Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will The Jets Leave With A Losing Record?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Chris Mason gets the start.

Straight Flash Homey

vCash
    Yakupov to Winnipeg.

vCash
    Tough start to the year, but another home game tomorrow. Hopefully they can get back on the right track.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MooseWithFleas View Post
    Tough start to the year, but another home game tomorrow. Hopefully they can get back on the right track.
    Pittsburgh is a tough test, wheither they have Malkin or not. I do like the fact that it's a home game, though. I don't think this team is good at all though, and will struggle to find goals. I have a feeling Yakupov is a very strong possibility.

vCash
    I'm hoping the team can give the excited fans something to cheer about. That being said, if they end up being the worst and getting Yakupov, that could really energize the city. The support is definitely there after selling the building out for the season in less than 20 minutes.

Good news is they only have 2 major long term contracts and have a good bit of cap space. Getting Yak and a big FA or two could make the team a worst to first type of team.

vCash
    I'm hoping the team can give the excited fans something to cheer about. That being said, if they end up being the worst and getting Yakupov, that could really energize the city. The support is definitely there after selling the building out for the season in less than 20 minutes.

Good news is they only have 2 major long term contracts and have a good bit of cap space. Getting Yak and a big FA or two could make the team a worst to first type of team.
    I actually like the way the team is during the move. This team isn't a playoff team, but one that doesn't need to start rebuilding. Yes, they're rebulding, but they're almost done. They've got Scheifele, Burmistrov, and numerous other first rounders on the team. Pavelec is a goaltender with tons of potential, and can be an all-star. On D, they have Bogo, Enstrom, and Buff who are all semi young.

This team isn't that far away from the playoffs. Hell, through the first three months last season they were in the playoffs. Winnipeg will have a dynasty soon enough. These team is growing with the city, and that's something I really like. They'll be able to watch Burmistrov, Scheifele, and possibly Yakupov grow in front of their eyes.

There won't be too much to cheer for, except for having an NHL team in Winnipeg for 41 games. That's all they can really ask at this point. As the team grows, free agents will become aware of the Jets, and be mighty interested.

vCash

"really energize"? This base is already REALLY energized.

I'm amazed how bad this team is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    "really energize"? This base is already REALLY energized.

I'm amazed how bad this team is.
    Yep. Same team last year who were 8th in the playoffs at the start of January.

vCash
    buff should not be playing defense. He can't bring up the puck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    buff should not be playing defense. He can't bring up the puck
    Speaking of Buff. I'd actually like to see him playing the wing on PP's, and play right in front of the net. Similar to Chara in Ottawa.

vCash
    hes just a liability out there as a dman. I don't see how hes valuable as a defenseman.

vCash
    Crosby and Malkin didnt make the trip to Winnipeg.

Straight Flash Homey

vCash
    Only took 8 seconds for the first goal

1-0 Jets.

Straight Flash Homey

vCash
    **** shaw

vCash
    Great first period for the Jets! Win number 1 in sight.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast