Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Andre Ethier... Why?

I've noticed through the threads an absolute love fest for Andre. What's everyone's Boehner about for the guy? I don't get it. His numbers have dropped way off and he plays an average defensive right field and has absolutely no speed. Looking at his numbers, he's comparable to a slow version of an old Bobby Abreu. Why would you want to add him to this team? I'm just asking for some valid arguments so I can see your train of thought.

Thanks,
    Das

vCash
    Have not seen that. Matt kemp is the one who is a free agent soon.

vCash
    Have you seen the right field porch lately?

I would rather have someone like Melky Cabrera though, a great number two and you can move granderson down to 6th or 7th.
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    Squibble Squabble

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The X Factor View Post

I would rather have someone like Melky Cabrera though, a great number two and you can move granderson down to 6th or 7th.
    Why would you want to do something like that? If anything, Tex should be the one moving down in the order with the type of his season he just had.

vCash
    Well either hits around 285 and did hit for power and he is clutch. I'd take him but it would all depend. And I would still take Andre over melky no doubt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    Well either hits around 285 and did hit for power and he is clutch. I'd take him but it would all depend. And I would still take Andre over melky no doubt
    More like .295-.300

vCash
    i'd take either over swish anyday dude is clutch
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrTK9lvkCQg

My tribute to edwin Encarrrrnacioooooon...... Been an amazing fantasy replacement whle arod was hurt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The X Factor View Post

Melkys an great #2 and Grandy to 6th or 7th lol thats was funny

vCash
    UHG.

I like Melky, if he is available I would like to see the Yankees try and re-acquire him. I think he is a better switch hitter than Swisher, is more disciplined at the plate, has a better arm, and obviously is younger. Melky > Swisher IMO.

Jeter, Granderson, Cano, Arod, Tex, Montero, Melky, Martin, Gardner.

OR

Gardner, Jeter, Granderson, Arod, Cano, Tex, Montero, Martin

^ I really like the 2nd lineup but Gardner needs to consistently show himself he can get on base before Girardi considers him as the leadoff hitter.

vCash
    Drop him in this line-up..watch out..NEVER HAPPEN THO. But if he played for the Yanks and hit in 81 games @ the Stadium, he would rake. He would be a Granderson type player. He has some of Mattingly's mojo in LA, come to NY get some KLong magic. Nice combo for a lefty in NY. He has all the tools to be a really good hitter. Just needs to put it all together for a 150+ games a year. I'd sign him in 2013.

vCash
    we should just trade granderson for melky

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    Why would you want to do something like that? If anything, Tex should be the one moving down in the order with the type of his season he just had.
    He's making too much money. No matter what happens, he and Arod have to bat 3rd and 4th.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mttwlsn16 View Post
    we should just trade granderson for melky
    It amazes how some of you are so willing to just deal away the players that served a large role in getting us into the playoffs this year and the AL East crown.

vCash
    If were going to go after a FA OFer next yr and it really should be Kemp..period if he re signs with LA or decides to go else where, i would rather look at some of the other guys in that class of than Either.

I get Either is a good hitter for avg but other than that i don't see anything elite about him, he's on the wrong side of 30 already. I just don't see him as a 1st or 2nd option

vCash
    I like him because the guy is a clutch hitter, unlike alot of people I actually look beyond the numbers. Now he does have a bit of a problem out in L A he was labeled as a complainer after some other team mates got good contracts. But then again thats every player in the majors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast