Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

CJ Wilson Interested in the Yankees?

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/1...in-angels.html

Just speculation but seems like the yankees are in the lead with money off the books and a need for a starter and lefty.

vCash
    They are going to be linked to every free-agent just to drive the price up. Although I am sure they are going to go after him he is a very good lefty number 2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by devildog View Post
    They are going to be linked to every free-agent just to drive the price up. Although I am sure they are going to go after him he is a very good lefty number 2.
    Wilson is the kind of player that they will actually pursue this offseason, given their lack of depth in the starting rotation and the lack of other talent in this year's free agent class.

vCash
    Only interested due to the money. He'd love the Marlins tomorrow if they said they were willing to offer him a big contract!
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    Would be a good move for the yanks. Keep the contract under 7 years.

vCash
    Good for him. Hopefully Cashman isn't interested in bringing him in

vCash
    Heyman tweeted that "people think Wilson has keen interest in NY".... that means he tweeted about the attitude of random baseball fans probably, doesn't specify who these "people" are

Huge thanks to Elements!!

Thanks for nothing "jej" for stealing my Montero sig

vCash
    I would rather sign Darvish than give a 5 year deal to Wilson.
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    Squibble Squabble

vCash
    I'd sign Wilson, no more than 5 years though. He's older, but he's been a pen guy for a while, so the arm should still be pretty fresh...and unlike CC he beat Verlander

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    I'd sign Wilson, no more than 5 years though. He's older, but he's been a pen guy for a while, so the arm should still be pretty fresh...and unlike CC he beat Verlander
    Gonzalez, Ogando, and the Rangers pen were the ones who saved that game, Wilson was on the verge imploding. Regardless, I would have to agree with the rest of what you said. CC + CJ + AJ is a pretty filthy 1-2-3 when all are pitching to their capabilities ... Add in Ivan Nova (16-4 this year and dominant in every way) and Phil Hughes (looked great in his last outing, HUGE bounce back candidate next season .. possible horse in this rotation) and there is no doubt in my mind the Yankees can once again win the AL East.

The only thing now is making it count in the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The X Factor View Post
    I would rather sign Darvish than give a 5 year deal to Wilson.
    Why's that? Darvish certainly is an intriguing pitcher with a noted skill set but that doesn't always translate to production in the major leagues. I will say that Darvish is still young and has gotten much more acclaim than his predecessors but Wilson is much more proven given his experience and progression in the major leagues.

vCash
    Like Devildog said, EVERY FA is alway$ intere$ted in the Yankee$. I wonder why?????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    Why's that? Darvish certainly is an intriguing pitcher with a noted skill set but that doesn't always translate to production in the major leagues. I will say that Darvish is still young and has gotten much more acclaim than his predecessors but Wilson is much more proven given his experience and progression in the major leagues.
    I just want to avoid a 35-36 year old guy who we are paying 15-20 million a year with an era over 4 or 5.

I'll take my chances with the young and unknown Darvish.
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    Squibble Squabble

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by el_primo_nano View Post
    Good for him. Hopefully Cashman isn't interested in bringing him in
    I agree.. they can link us all they want but I hope we aren't dumb enough to bring him in. We ALL know - if he is signed its going to be a contract we will regret.
    GO YANKEES!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The X Factor View Post
    I just want to avoid a 35-36 year old guy who we are paying 15-20 million a year with an era over 4 or 5.

I'll take my chances with the young and unknown Darvish.
    Wilson will only be that guy if he is given a 5-6 year deal... even then, it will be for a single year and thats IF he becomes a guy with over a 4 or 5 ERA (which is a huge difference btw, slightly over 4 isn't terrible)

Huge thanks to Elements!!

Thanks for nothing "jej" for stealing my Montero sig

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast