Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

The Official Jorge Posada Appreciation Thread

Thank you Jorge for the 17 amazing years you gave us Yankee fans. A true pinstriped legend and our second captain, it's been one hell of a career. Number 20 will never be donned in pinstripes again.

EDIT:

Also, I think it would be great for us all to share our favorite Jorge moments and stories.

**Thanks krisxsong for the Idea**

Mine too is Jorge standing on second clapping his hand in the Bronx that night after getting that double of Pedro. That and his July 4th walk off in 09.

Also, the Jorge and Ortiz commercial where Ortiz puts on the NY cap is a classic.
    Last edited by DasBoot; 11-09-2011 at 10:15 PM.

vCash
    He should have gone out in a better way. Our home crowd just forgot, I guess? Paul O'neill got his name chanted for an entire inning in '01... where's the love for Jorge?

vCash
    Hate being one of the first to reply on my own posts but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say we (Yankees Fans) weren't ready to concede the season and still believed we would win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    He should have gone out in a better way. Our home crowd just forgot, I guess? Paul O'neill got his name chanted for an entire inning in '01... where's the love for Jorge?
    that was chilling

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post
    Hate being one of the first to reply on my own posts but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say we (Yankees Fans) weren't ready to concede the season and still believed we would win.
    You answer your own threads!!!

That must be a first!! It's a free country.
    'Real' Yankee fans tell the truth about the team whether it is nice or not.

"Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

vCash
    Thank you Jorge Posada for all the memories. Whenever I think of you I think of that double you hit in Boston off of Pedro standing on 2B screaming and clapping in joy.

vCash
    My favorite moment was browsing an issue of Baseball America and seeing the Yanks had a switch hitting catcher in AA. I made it a point to watch him, and I will be forever glad that I did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 7chuck7 View Post
    You answer your own threads!!!

That must be a first!! It's a free country.
    I've done that too. If you put your own opinion in the first post, people will likely just comment on that, and assume that's what the thread is for. But if the thread is meant to solicit other opinions, I'll separate the introductory post from the opinion post. If I'm in a patient mood, I'll wait for a few replies first, but sometimes I'll jump the gun.

vCash
    thanks for everything HIP HIP

feel bad for the guy
    gets the game winning hit to clinch the division
    has a more than solid ALDS

and we lose
    thanks for the memories, time to pass the baton

vCash
    Poor guy broke down and had to leave his postgame interview. Good man right there. He provided me with many, many great memories.

vCash
    Thank you Posada for your years of service to this team. It has been a privilege watching you throughout the years and I wish you all the best in the future.

vCash
    thanks for everything jorge! you were a great yankee
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post
    Unofficial but:

Thank you Jorge for the 17 amazing years you gave us Yankee fans. A true pinstriped legend and our second captain, it's been one hell of a career. Number 20 will never be donned in pinstripes again.

EDIT:

Also, I think it would be great for us all to share our favorite Jorge moments and stories.

**Thanks krisxsong for the Idea**

Mine too is Jorge standing on second clapping his hand in the Bronx that night after getting that double of Pedro. That and his July 4th walk off in 09.

Also, the Jorge and Ortiz commercial where Ortiz puts on the NY cap is a classic.
    I am not a Yankee fan, ( a Met fan), but I agree with you, and I have and had the utmost respect for Posada...a truly terrific Yankee.

vCash
    Jorge after final game

Thankyou Jorge for everything you gave to us. You possibly ruined part of your life enduring all those hits to the head, his old age may not be forgiving for him with memory loss. He gave it his all a true champion. May you continue to take car of your son and find peace with your family if you retire or don't return. You had a great 2nd half and went out with a nice game for us to remember you.

He looked devastated after Arod struck out.

vCash
    His love for the game will always be remembered most in my opinion. He played the game right, with dignity, respect, and professionalism. One of my favorite Yankees and its sad to see another member of the cour 4 go down. But he will go down as a great Yankee. Good luck on your ventures Posada and I wish your son and the rest of your family great health.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast