Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3676848586
Results 1,276 to 1,283 of 1283
    vCash

Yankees Buy Cesar Cabral

So far the Yankees have resigned a starter that we already had and signed 2 relievers. Both relievers may turn out to be contributors at some point but I really did not think the bullpen was our major concern this off season.

vCash
    Update on Nakajima:
    One way or the other, the Hiroyuki Nakajima situation will be wrapped up by next week. The two sides have 30 days to hammer out a contract after the Yankees won the infielder’s negotiating rights in early-December, and that window closes either Friday or Saturday of next week. It sounds like Cashman is waiting to see what happens with Nakajima before pursuing a new deal with Eric Chavez.
    riveravenueblues.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julioluisveve View Post
    What do you 'experts' out there think of the following? Is it feasable, or am I way off? I have to admit that I am not sure of this one, but the Yankees need a couple of starters (one lefty and the other righty) and now that Alex Rodriguez has submitted himself to a radical knee therapy (suggested by Kobe Bryant), it is possible that he may be a full time DH.

Why not try to acquire David Wright to play 3B and Jon Niese, who is a lefty? Niese is only 26 and has good stuff and room for improvement.Since ARod would be a full time DH and Russell Martin our full time catcher, why not trade Montero, Betances, Nunez and another lower tier prospect to the Mets? Also, try and sign Kuroda or Oswalt to a one year contract. Then we have: 1-Sabathia 2-Nova 3-Niese 4-Oswalt 5-Burnett or Freddy Garcia. We can move Hughes to the bullpen or include him in that trade. The players mentioned in the trade to the Mets don't necessarily have to be the ones I wrote down, but something similar to it.
    Arod still played very very good defense even after he came back and was still playing hurt it was his bat that was struggling. He's not a 40hr 140 rbi guy anymore but he's still very good defensively i would leave him at 3rd until his defense is in question.

Wrights a nice player but he's not great, the biggest thing that i don't like about that trade is i actually don't think it improves our defense and would be a downgrade offensively. Montero has arguably the best bat in the minors other than Harpers. There 3 no way i trade him for a player we really don't need and a middle of the rotation starter. Our offense is getting older and we really don't have any other power impact bats coming in the next 2-3 yrs, were going to need Montero. Plus from the little we saw of the kid last yr he appears to have that clutch jean in him, getting 2 hits in his 1st playoff ABS looks great for his future

I'm all for signing Oswalt on a 1 yr incentive heavy deal but i don't think we should go out and get another starter unless they are still young and a clear front of the rotation guy

If we going to go out and get any hitters this off season i think it should be Cespedes or Soler or both. That would add to high ceiling impact bats to our system without trading away valuable assets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Arod still played very very good defense even after he came back and was still playing hurt it was his bat that was struggling. He's not a 40hr 140 rbi guy anymore but he's still very good defensively i would leave him at 3rd until his defense is in question.

Wrights a nice player but he's not great, the biggest thing that i don't like about that trade is i actually don't think it improves our defense and would be a downgrade offensively. Montero has arguably the best bat in the minors other than Harpers. There 3 no way i trade him for a player we really don't need and a middle of the rotation starter. Our offense is getting older and we really don't have any other power impact bats coming in the next 2-3 yrs, were going to need Montero. Plus from the little we saw of the kid last yr he appears to have that clutch jean in him, getting 2 hits in his 1st playoff ABS looks great for his future

I'm all for signing Oswalt on a 1 yr incentive heavy deal but i don't think we should go out and get another starter unless they are still young and a clear front of the rotation guy

If we going to go out and get any hitters this off season i think it should be Cespedes or Soler or both. That would add to high ceiling impact bats to our system without trading away valuable assets
    I agree with most of everything you said, but I just read that Arod also is having therapy on his arm. I see him DHing a lot more than what is being said, and if that is the case, who is going to play 3B, Nunez? He is not that great defensively. Also, that would mean that Montero would not DH as much and the Yankees already said that Russell Martin is going to be their catcher. That's why I included Montero in the suggested trade, because the way Arod is going, I don't see that much playing time for Montero, unless they have plans to put him at 1B, RF, part time catcher to give him the AB's he needs. I know that Montero is going to be a productive hitter. No doubt about that. But right now, does he fit in the Yankees needs? A third baseman and a lefty starter is needed more. Maybe they'll wait until spring training to see how Arod's health is.

vCash
    jima

The New York Yankees won the bid for Hiroyuki Nakajima earlier this month, but have yet to sign the shortstop. The belief is that Nakajima much preferred a West Coast team, which appears to have complicated things.

Nakajima's representatives, according to Ken Rosenthal, are considering their options, which may include an agreement with the Yankees that he will sign with them and then be traded. That could be tricky, however.

Bryan Hoch tweets Wednesday that the situation will be resolved by next week one way or the other, as the deadline to sign Nakajima is January 6. Hoch also notes that it appears the Yankees are holding off on talks with Eric Chavez until they know what is up with Nakajima.

The import would serve as a backup infielder for the Yankees, as Derek Jeter and Robinson Cano are healthy and under contract. The Yankees could rest Jeter more and get Nakajima some playing time, but the club could also look to trade him.

But ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney noted a few weeks back that the Yanks have not had any internal discussions about the idea of a sign-and-trade. Olney also pointed out that Nakajima would probably be better off playing elsewhere, but no teams have checked in on the infielder's availability yet.

Whether or not Nakajima can play shortstop regularly in MLB is in question, but there are clubs that could use a backup that fit his geographical preferences, including the Seattle Mariners, both L.A. clubs, the Oakland Athletics San Francisco Giants. The Padres could be a fit, too, and the Rockies, Rangers and Diamondbacks may work, as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julioluisveve View Post
    I agree with most of everything you said, but I just read that Arod also is having therapy on his arm. I see him DHing a lot more than what is being said, and if that is the case, who is going to play 3B, Nunez? He is not that great defensively. Also, that would mean that Montero would not DH as much and the Yankees already said that Russell Martin is going to be their catcher. That's why I included Montero in the suggested trade, because the way Arod is going, I don't see that much playing time for Montero, unless they have plans to put him at 1B, RF, part time catcher to give him the AB's he needs. I know that Montero is going to be a productive hitter. No doubt about that. But right now, does he fit in the Yankees needs? A third baseman and a lefty starter is needed more. Maybe they'll wait until spring training to see how Arod's health is.
    In the minors Nunez was said to be plus defensively by scouts last yr might have been him getting used to playing multiple positions at the MLB level. Until Arod proves that he is a defensive liability theres no way i would pigeon hole him as the primary dh for the rest of his career. I would let next yr play out and see if Arod can stay healthy, also it gives us a full yr of seeing if Montero can handle catching even part time, it also gives us another yr of Nunez to see who he develops, plus Montero and Nunez are 2 of our more valuable trade assets.
    Also Wright hasn't been very good the last couple of yr especially offensively, his average and power numbers are way down and Yankee stadium doesn't exactly boost RHed hitters power numbers. I'm not sure that if Wright hits like he has the last 2 yrs Nunez could put up very similar numbers with a ton more SB's. If after next yr Arod doesn't stay healthy and Nunez doesn't improve defensively or regresses offensively then i might make a move but not for a declining Wright

vCash
    http://riveraveblues.com/2011/12/lev...he-team-61670/

Via Mark Hale, team president Randy Levine confirmed that the team has money left to upgrade the roster despite reports to the contrary. “There’s obviously room to improve the team,” said Levine. “I don’t like to get into the amounts, but obviously there’s room to improve the team … We intend to always improve in whichever way we can. So far, after [CC Sabathia], as far as large contracts, we haven’t done anything. But that’s really our choice.”

I roughly estimated that the Yankees are sitting on a payroll of about $197MM right now, but I wouldn’t take that number as gospel. It’s just an estimation and the error bars are probably in the $10M range. There’s really only three players left on the market that would require a contract in excess of $10M per year (Hiroki Kuroda, Edwin Jackson, Roy Oswalt), but I don’t see the Yankees going after any of those guys at that price. The bench still has to be addressed, but so far the Yankees haven’t spent any money because there really hasn’t been anyone worth spending it on.

vCash
    ^ True

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.