Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 86 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    But how much are you willing to give him to stay if he opts out? I would be willing to bite the bullet and give him a 5 year deal because I think we need him to 1) give ourselves a chance the next few seasons and 2) help bridge the gap to our youung guys until they are ready to really be full timer starters. A 5 year deal would probably hurt us at the end, but I think the short term gain justifies it because we can afford to pay CC 20 mil to be only a #4 innings eater at the end of his deal.

But I expect him to look for a 7 year deal. At that point, I'm not sure the short term value justifies the horrificness of that deal at the end.
    Try eight years. The yankees were willing to give a 32 year old Cliff Lee a 7 year deal, and CC is one year younger than Lee.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Try eight years. The yankees were willing to give a 32 year old Cliff Lee a 7 year deal, and CC is one year younger than Lee.
    I just don't know who else would give him that... I feel like they will most likely be able to figure something out with him where both sides aren't "hurt" too badly.

vCash
    Some of you need to be a little realistic here..

Teix is not goingg anywhere.

1) Yankees wouldn't deal him just for a salary dump
    2) His contract is huge
    3) He has a NTC and said after the stupid "Pujols for Tex swap idea" he loves NY and is here to stay.

Realistic and likely options to happen:

1) Cash makes a move for Darvish or Wilson. (please God no on Wilson)
    2) Let Swisher and Posada go.
    3) Resign CC when he opts out
    4) Explore the trade market for a SP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nysportsfan02 View Post
    Some of you need to be a little realistic here..

Teix is not goingg anywhere.

1) Yankees wouldn't deal him just for a salary dump
    2) His contract is huge
    3) He has a NTC and said after the stupid "Pujols for Tex swap idea" he loves NY and is here to stay.

Realistic and likely options to happen:

1) Cash makes a move for Darvish or Wilson. (please God no on Wilson)
    2) Let Swisher and Posada go.
    3) Resign CC when he opts out
    4) Explore the trade market for a SP
    People act like CJ Wilson is a trash pitcher. CJ Wilson is a very solid pitcher. I don't know what he's looking for but I wouldn't mind him at the right price.

I want our rotation next year to include CC, Wilson/Darvish, Nova, Betances, and Burnett.

If we got one of those starters I would be happy with this.

CC, Nova, Darvish, Burnett, Betances.

C Martin
    1B Tex
    2B Cano
    3B Arod
    SS Jeter
    LF Gardner
    CF Granderson
    RF Nunez
    DH Montero

I would then trade Swisher for a lefty reliever and a pitching prospect.

Mo
    Robertson
    Soriarno
    Joba
    Logan
    LOOGY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    If he opts out i let him go.
    Ooooh. That's ballsy. I agree w/ you on one hand, but we just absolutely need him in the short term. I don't know if that's a decision Cashman or whoever the GM is can make in this market.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    I don't think there's a team that'll give him 8 years. PHI won't w/ all their money tied up in Roy and Lee. BOS won't do it w/ so much drama going on over past FA deals. TEX wouldn't do that for Lee so I doubt they do it for CC. LA doesn't seem like they would. SF probably wouldn't - they have great pitching and need offense. I just don't see any competition that could get us to need to go that high. Of course, it only takes one team and I may be looking at this through Pinstriped Glassess...

What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    People act like CJ Wilson is a trash pitcher. CJ Wilson is a very solid pitcher. I don't know what he's looking for but I wouldn't mind him at the right price.

I want our rotation next year to include CC, Wilson/Darvish, Nova, Betances, and Burnett.

If we got one of those starters I would be happy with this.

CC, Nova, Darvish, Burnett, Betances.

C Martin
    1B Tex
    2B Cano
    3B Arod
    SS Jeter
    LF Gardner
    CF Granderson
    RF Nunez
    DH Montero

I would then trade Swisher for a lefty reliever and a pitching prospect.

Mo
    Robertson
    Soriarno
    Joba
    Logan
    LOOGY
    I like what you have. I think it's very realistic and doable. I do have some disagreements though...

1.) Betences isn't ready yet. Hughes would be the starter in that scenario. Betences would be the top option in the event of an injury though. (Just as an aside, I see Man Ban as a late season call up next year. I don't think he factors into the rotation until 2013.)

2.) I don't like the Swisher trade. I don't think he'd bring back much. I'd rather decline his option and offer him arbitration. If he accepts, then we have a solid RF option on a reasonable 1 year deal. If he declines, he signes elsewhere and we get 2 high draft picks back (those picks to me are likely more valuable than the type of prospect Swish would fetch).

I think we could get Beltran on a 1 year deal. He will probably want to rebuild value after getting hurt in SF. This is a great stadium for him to put up great offensive #s and also the small RF should help him. Then he can maybe get 1 last pay day next offseason.

I do like your idea of having Nunez leanr the COF spots to get him some playing time. He could spell Beltran anf sub for Gardner vs tough lefties. Joe used him there a little this year, so I think it's reasonable. But as I pointed out in an earlier post, I had Nunez slated for 100 starts at SS and 3B combined, so I think we need another everyday RF.

Also, remember we have Pedro Feliciano coming back as a 2nd lefty to Logan. I think he will get first crack at that 2nd lefty spot because of his deal, so I doubt trading for one is a priority.

This would be my roster w/ the changes...

Rotation: CC, Nova, AJ, Hughes, Darvish

Bullpen: Mariano, D-Rob, Soriano, Logan, Cory Wade, Feliciano, Andrew Brackman

Lineup: Jeter, Grandy, Cano, A-Rod, Tex, Montero, Beltran, Martin, Gardner

Bench: Nunez, Cervelli, ?, ?

I still need to figure out those last 2 bench spots.

Trill Team

vCash
    I'd give strong consideration to Jason Kubel, Mark Buerhle, Ryan Ludwick and CJ Wilson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    Also, I would be all for trying to deal Teixeira... I just don't know how we would do it. Easier said than done.
    Why are people inclined to trade away one of the best defensive first basemen in the league? (btw, this is not directed to you I just saw similiar posts). I think the issue with Tex is his swing. Its too long and everything he tries to hit is for a HR. He needs a shorter and more compact swing, and that is something the Yankees will make sure he learns during the off season or ST. They will also teach him to hit the other way to guard against the shift (which is something he never got used too throughout the duration of the season.) Other than his offense, everything else he has been well worth on the filed and off the field.

Quote Originally Posted by joseph aka Jman View Post
    i think swish will be gone too. theres not much out there in free agency to replace him i really dont want to deal with beltran. thoughts?
    Swish is not going anywhere. WHo you going to replace him with? $10mm option is actually pretty cheap nowadays for a right fielder. Swisher still produces, but if he has a bad first half maybe Yanks make a move for a rental right fielder next season like Kemp.

Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    One word: No

Two words: Hell No
    +1 I actually forgot why im agreeing with you. Im very tired right now.

Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    I'd give strong consideration to Jason Kubel, Mark Buerhle, Ryan Ludwick and CJ Wilson.
    Nah. Gimme Darvish.

Can I say something? Im not sure if anyone brought this up or not, but if CC opts out do you guys feel he is trying to take advantage of the Yanks? Dont get me wrong, CC has had great seasons with the Yankees thus far but his post season numbers are average at best. He did not perform particularly well this post season and im not sure if opting out is a great idea. Doesnt he still have 4 years and $96? Who will pay that? No one but the Yankees...

vCash
    WELL BEFORE WE SAY LETS SIGN THIS GUY HERE IS THE SITUATION THE YANKS HAVE THIS OFFSEASON

Sabathia(will opt out looking for more money)
    Swisher (club option decline saves about 9 mil including buyout)
    Soriano(hopefully opts out to become a closer else where saves 15 mil)
    Posada(most likely retires 12 mil freeded up)
    Felicano(reports said career could be in doubt with recent shoulder injuries)
    Martin(Either accept Arb or free agent)
    Chavez(free agent)
    Jones(free agent)
    Garcia(free agent)
    Colon(free agent)
    Robertson(in for a raise)
    Nova(in for a raise)

Assuming Martin is resigned the Yanks will have a lot of money to play with on this years free agents

vCash
    If we let either CC or Swisher walk i'd bet at least one of them ends up in Boston. Boston has quite a bit of money coming off the books and needs another starter and a RFer that would come back and bite us hard.

Just for the short term we need CC.. period unless were willing to take a serious chance on missing the playoffs for the next couple yrs. Letting him go would probably mean them going with Banuelos and Betances outta ST, i don't think there ready and need more time to develop properly. Theres no guarantee that we could get CJ or Darvish and i really wouldn't be comfortable going into the season with Hughes, Nova and AJ heading the rotation.

We need another starter thats obvious, i would bet them make a very hard run at either CJ or Darvish and try to get one of them.

Swisher had a terrible post season but he was very good in season, there not a FA out there this off season thats better than him at least for next yr. I don't hate the idea of Nunez , i'm just not sure the Yanks would be confident in that. I see them picking up his option and going after one of the guys from the next yrs class.

Arod was hurt and it was quite obvious, he still played the field very well. He;ll get healthy this off season and be on a mission next yr and be back to his 30+ hrs 100+ rbis.

Tex isn't going anywhere, theres no one out there thats going to take that salary period and it would be stupid for the Yanks to pay the 10 plus million a yr for someone else to take him and pay Pujols or Fielder another 20 plus million to play for us.

Martin has been fantastic defensively for us, he needs to come back. Montero isn't ready to be a full time catcher, Romine isn't ready at all and i'm not comfortable with Cervelli being our starter

Other than going after a starter i don't see us doing alot this winter but i could be wrong.

The one player that interests me would be Sizemore, i'm not sure Cleveland is going to want to commit that much of there payroll to him. When he wasn't hurt he was still very good I think he'd be worth taking a shot at 5 million a yr to see if he could regain his old form

vCash
    looking at the free agents these guys i wouldn't mind seeing in pinstrips
    Mike Gonzalez, Jonathan Broxton, Aaron Hill, Yadier Molina

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    If we let either CC or Swisher walk i'd bet at least one of them ends up in Boston. Boston has quite a bit of money coming off the books and needs another starter and a RFer that would come back and bite us hard.

Just for the short term we need CC.. period unless were willing to take a serious chance on missing the playoffs for the next couple yrs. Letting him go would probably mean them going with Banuelos and Betances outta ST, i don't think there ready and need more time to develop properly. Theres no guarantee that we could get CJ or Darvish and i really wouldn't be comfortable going into the season with Hughes, Nova and AJ heading the rotation.

We need another starter thats obvious, i would bet them make a very hard run at either CJ or Darvish and try to get one of them.

Swisher had a terrible post season but he was very good in season, there not a FA out there this off season thats better than him at least for next yr. I don't hate the idea of Nunez , i'm just not sure the Yanks would be confident in that. I see them picking up his option and going after one of the guys from the next yrs class.

Arod was hurt and it was quite obvious, he still played the field very well. He;ll get healthy this off season and be on a mission next yr and be back to his 30+ hrs 100+ rbis.

Tex isn't going anywhere, theres no one out there thats going to take that salary period and it would be stupid for the Yanks to pay the 10 plus million a yr for someone else to take him and pay Pujols or Fielder another 20 plus million to play for us.

Martin has been fantastic defensively for us, he needs to come back. Montero isn't ready to be a full time catcher, Romine isn't ready at all and i'm not comfortable with Cervelli being our starter

Other than going after a starter i don't see us doing alot this winter but i could be wrong.

The one player that interests me would be Sizemore, i'm not sure Cleveland is going to want to commit that much of there payroll to him. When he wasn't hurt he was still very good I think he'd be worth taking a shot at 5 million a yr to see if he could regain his old form
    actually i said the same thing but thats not true. Thanks to Gonzalez's extenstion which kicks in this year they won't have any money to spend on anybody. Remember Ellsbury is still going through Arb with them so he will get a raise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I like what you have. I think it's very realistic and doable. I do have some disagreements though...

1.) Betences isn't ready yet. Hughes would be the starter in that scenario. Betences would be the top option in the event of an injury though. (Just as an aside, I see Man Ban as a late season call up next year. I don't think he factors into the rotation until 2013.)

2.) I don't like the Swisher trade. I don't think he'd bring back much. I'd rather decline his option and offer him arbitration. If he accepts, then we have a solid RF option on a reasonable 1 year deal. If he declines, he signes elsewhere and we get 2 high draft picks back (those picks to me are likely more valuable than the type of prospect Swish would fetch).

I think we could get Beltran on a 1 year deal. He will probably want to rebuild value after getting hurt in SF. This is a great stadium for him to put up great offensive #s and also the small RF should help him. Then he can maybe get 1 last pay day next offseason.

I do like your idea of having Nunez leanr the COF spots to get him some playing time. He could spell Beltran anf sub for Gardner vs tough lefties. Joe used him there a little this year, so I think it's reasonable. But as I pointed out in an earlier post, I had Nunez slated for 100 starts at SS and 3B combined, so I think we need another everyday RF.

Also, remember we have Pedro Feliciano coming back as a 2nd lefty to Logan. I think he will get first crack at that 2nd lefty spot because of his deal, so I doubt trading for one is a priority.

This would be my roster w/ the changes...

Rotation: CC, Nova, AJ, Hughes, Darvish

Bullpen: Mariano, D-Rob, Soriano, Logan, Cory Wade, Feliciano, Andrew Brackman

Lineup: Jeter, Grandy, Cano, A-Rod, Tex, Montero, Beltran, Martin, Gardner

Bench: Nunez, Cervelli, ?, ?

I still need to figure out those last 2 bench spots.
    DUDE, OMG how did I forget Phil Hughes?!?!?!?!

Yes you are def right Phil Hughes.

I don't have a problem with that roster, although I do think Swisher can bring back solid players. He's a cheap player who puts up a .270-.290 average with a high OBP decent defense and 25-30 HR.

As for Felciano, who knows if he will be the same? He was the best LOOGY in the game before he got hurt though.

vCash
    All I have to say. I'm done going to war with this line-up. Would be the same problem next year if we make it to the playoffs. Get some of these hitters out of here if you can. Only thing I would change.

Page 7 of 86 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast