Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 55 of 86 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Cashman has a trade brewing...I feel it. Likely with Atlanta for a Nunez deal. Not sure if Jurjens will be our guy or not but not sure.

I saw a report today that Epstein will listen to offers for Matt Garza. Thoughts? I dont think he will require our top prospects...
    Yup, I feel another Javier Vazquez type trade coming. Fingers crossed! ray:
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    Cashman's outlook on the new CBA:

Over the next few days, perhaps even before Thanksgiving, Major League Baseball and the MLBPA will announce a new labor agreement that will change the shape of the game. We know the new deal will have HGH testing and new compensation rules, and the extra Wild Card team has been an open secret for the better part of a year. In this space, Joe wrote about the balanced leagues a few days ago.

This weekend, Brian Cashman spoke with The Wall Street Journal about the new playoff format, and he made it exceedingly clear that the Yankees recognize the inherent randomness of the playoffs. A one-game, winner-makes-the-ALDS format just drives home the point. “You do not want to be a wild card,” Cashman said to Dan Barbarisi. “The only way you want to be a wild card is if you’re not going to make the playoffs. You definitely want to win the division now.”

It is, of course, an obvious point, and we can highlight the 2001 season in which the 102-win A’s would have played the 85-win Twins in a one-game set for the right to make the Division Series as the perfect example. The Twins could have unseated a team 17 games better than they were. So the Yankees, the team with the most division titles since the advent of the three-division league, will maintain that singular focus on the AL East crown. With a new playoff format, it becomes ever more important to reach that still-infuriating best-of-five set. No one wants to lose Game 163 against an inferior team.
    riveravenueblues.com

vCash

Cool I could see Garza to the NYY's just to stick it to Bahstin LMFAO

Quote Originally Posted by Clickhere View Post
    it's just tough to get a good trade for pitching, unless a team is going for firesale.

think Astros of now might be good fit as our trading partner, Garza is nice-looking, but don't know if Epstein is hiding something under his sleeves, as every other MLB GMs now. LOL.
    any thoughts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbs View Post
    any thoughts?
    Epstein has stated multiple times that he is looking for players to rebuild his farm system and Garza isn t going to come cheap.

The Cubs gave up 3 of there top 10 prospect for Garza last yr and i'm sure Theo would want that same kind of deal to move him again. I would think Garza would be a solid addition to our pitching staff i would just have to see the price first

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Epstein has stated multiple times that he is looking for players to rebuild his farm system and Garza isn t going to come cheap.

The Cubs gave up 3 of there top 10 prospect for Garza last yr and i'm sure Theo would want that same kind of deal to move him again. I would think Garza would be a solid addition to our pitching staff i would just have to see the price first
    This.

vCash

vCash
    Granderson finishes fourth:

The AL Cy Young Award wasn’t enough. Justin Verlander was named the MVP of the American League today, receiving 13 of 28 first place votes. He’s the first pitcher to win the award since Dennis Eckersley in 1992, and the first starting pitcher to win the award since Roger Clemens in 1986. He’s also the first Tiger to be named MVP since Willie Hernandez in 1984.

Curtis Granderson was the Yankees’ best player all season, and was rewarded for his efforts with a fourth place finish in the voting. He received three first place votes and finished with 215 points, trailing only Verlander (280), Jacoby Ellsbury (242), and Jose Bautista (231). The top five finish triggers an escalator clause in his contract, raising the value of his 2013 option from $14M to $15M. Robinson Cano finished sixth in the voting with 112 points, though he did not receive any first or second place votes.

CC Sabathia (two sixth place votes), Mark Teixeira (one seventh and one tenth place vote), and David Robertson (one tenth place vote) also appeared on ballots. The full results are available on the BBWAA’s site. The NL MVP will be announced tomorrow at 2pm, the final award of the season.
    riveravenueblues.com

vCash
    Cashman has stated multiple times this off season that the focus is going to be pitching, pitching, pitching, Yet every time a pitcher rumor comes up he has seemingly ruled them out.
    He stated yesterday that he had no interest in Jurrjens because of his knee problems. He has said that Wilson was to expensive and it seems Wilson and his agent are chasing the Yanks far more than were pursuing him.
    He said very early on that they went going to be players for Buerhle or Oswalt.
    He has given very mixed messages about Darvish and if u take him at his word it doesn't sound like they ll be big players for him.

About the only FA that i haven't heard him completely shoot down is E Jaxs and the only trade idea i haven't heard him shoot down was Danks. I definitely get the impression he isn't going to overpay for an elite starter either on the FA market or in a trade.

Do you guys think he's just playing everything really close to the vest or that what he's been saying is his true plan. What are your guys thought on who we might realistically target?

vCash
    Report- Luxury tax threshold will remain unchanged for two years:

Via Joel Sherman, the luxury tax threshold will remain at $178M for the next two seasons under the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Teams will be taxed 40% on every dollar they spend over that amount. The threshold and tax will be raised to $189M and 50% in 2014, respectively.

The Yankees are the only team in baseball to consistently pay the luxury tax, but other clubs have had to pay on occasion. The Red Sox and Phillies will be awfully close to that threshold next year as well. The Yankees owed $18M last season and $25.7M the year before, bringing their total luxury tax payout to $192.2M since it was instituted in 2003. One of these days they’ll just rename this thing the Yankee Tax and be done with it.
    riveravenueblues.com

vCash
    The Mariners signed Steve Garrison.

vCash
    Surprise!:

The Yankees announced their general ticket prices for the 2012 season today, saying that 70% of the prices are unchanged or have been reduced. That does not include the bleachers though, where non-obstructed view seats will now cost you $20 a pop. They were only $12 as recently as 2010. Grandstand level seats between first and third bases will jump three bucks to $28, while seats beyond the bases at that level will remain at $20. Field level and main level seats beyond the bases are dropping as much as $50. David Waldstein and David Li have some details.
    riveravenueblues.com

vCash
    $50 for Main/Field Level seats?

Not bad, not bad.

vCash
    juan pierre as our 4th out fielder? i dont see why not

vCash
    Really? you want another soft Hitting OF?
    Lakers Wishlist...

Trade Pau for Iggy/Koufos or Ellis/udoh
    Resign Dwight
    Amnesty Kobe
    Hope Artest opts out
    Decline Meeks option
    Buy-out duhon
    Pray nash retires
    Tank 2013-2014 season

vCash
    guess were not bringing in piere, yankees signed jasyon nix?
    The Yankees have signed veteran utilityman Jayson Nix to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training, The Post has learned.

Nix has played for a different team in each of his four seasons: the Rockies in 2008, White Sox in 2009, White Sox and Indians in 2010 and the Blue Jays last year. He is mainly a second baseman/third baseman, but also has experience at shortstop, left field and right field.

The 29-year-old righty swinger hit just .169 in 136 at-bats for the Blue Jays last year before being designated for assignment on July 2 and, ultimately, spending the remainder of the season in the minors.

The brother of Washington outfielder Laynce Nix, Jayson had exhibited some pop by hitting 26 homers between 2009-10 in 586 at-bats.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/yankee...#ixzz1eb1Jwk84
    guess he isnt a bad addition cause he has power... just dont really get it?

Page 55 of 86 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast