Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 86 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joseph aka Jman View Post
    if he could level that swing, yes is HR would drop a little but the OBP AVG and maybe even RBIs would go up significantly
    That's what I was thinking. I know changing a swing is easier said than done, but Grandy completely changed his approach vs lefties and it worked marvelously. Cano changed his a couple of offseasons ago after working w/ K Long in the offseason. I think Tex should at least try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    1. Do not resign CC Posada or Swisher
    2. Trade Gardner, Soriano (eat 3/4 contract) benteces, prospect- for Josh Johnson and Hanely Ramirez
    3. Resign russel Martin
    4. Sign Wilson
    5. Trade Teix to cubs for Soriano and zambrano
    6. Move zambrano and 6 mil to the marlins with the previous trade
    7. Trade AJ to the Nationals in a salary dump

1b - Jeter
    2b - Cano
    SS - Hanely
    3b - ARod
    Of - Soriano
    Of - Granderson
    Of - Grady Sizemore ( fa for 5 mil)

P - Josh Johnson
    P - Nova
    P - Wilson
    P - Hughes
    P - baneulos brackman - Freddy Garcia
    Last edited by Lindystud36; 10-07-2011 at 01:29 AM.
    --Frankie LO---
    --@frankielo--

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2AZ View Post
    How bout Werth for Tex Along with swisher and get some pitching too.
    Mike Morse is a very good player and the Nationals don't exactly have money to spend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    He's hit 30 once, only once did he hit more than 23. He's eclipsed 100 RBI once and that was only 106. He hit .300 twice in his career, Cano has hit .300+ outside of one year.

Cano's SLG% and OPS annually is much higher.

I'm sorry but he's put up nowhere near Cano type numbers.
    Remember though Ethier had to play half of his games at Dodger Stadium where Cano had that short porch a Yankee stadium

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootamis91 View Post
    Really the guy if when healthy puts up Robinson Cano numbers up each year(30hrs 100rbis)
    he has put some good years. only once has he registered 30HR 100RBIs, but if he did come over i could see something along the lines of 295AVG 25HR 90RBIs. and an OBP of around 360 which is not bad at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindystud36 View Post
    1. Do not resign CC Posada or Swisher
    2. Trade Gardner, Soriano (eat 3/4 contract) benteces, prospect- for Josh Johnson and Hanely Ramirez
    3. Resign russel Martin
    4. Sign Wilson
    5. Trade Teix to cubs for Soriano and zambrano
    6. Move zambrano and 6 mil to the marlins with the previous trade

1b - Jeter
    2b - Cano
    SS - Hanely
    3b - ARod
    Of - Soriano
    Of - Granderson
    Of - Grady Sizemore ( fa for 5 mil)

P - Josh Johnson
    P - Nova
    P - Wilson
    P - Hughes
    P - baneulos brackman - Freddy Garcia
    In what kind of an insane world does Gardner, Soriarno, Betances, and a prospect get you Josh Johnson AND Hanley?

That group probably couldn't even get one of them.

And you want to bring Soriano back along with Zambrano? Geesh no thank you.

vCash
    What do you guys think about CC? I think we need him next year and in the short term, but I'm not sure we won't regret the deal he will probably sign long term.

What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    In what kind of an insane world does Gardner, Soriarno, Betances, and a prospect get you Josh Johnson AND Hanley?

That group probably couldn't even get one of them.

And you want to bring Soriano back along with Zambrano? Geesh no thank you.
    I find it best to just ignore those type of posts. If you keep quoting them, good ideas get buried because there's so much activity here.

Trill Team

vCash
    Sorry tex u gotta go ...Texas last year and the Tigers this year he is batting about .050.

For 20 million u should be able to hit at least .150

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    What do you guys think about CC? I think we need him next year and in the short term, but I'm not sure we won't regret the deal he will probably sign long term.
    Hopefully we find a ace on the open market the thought of a long term deal with Sabathia would haunt the Yanks down the road

vCash
    That's what I was thinking. I know changing a swing is easier said than done, but Grandy completely changed his approach vs lefties and it worked marvelously. Cano changed his a couple of offseasons ago after working w/ K Long in the offseason. I think Tex should at least try it.
    i agree 100% it will be tough but he should realize that it is time for an adjustment. all those popouts on fastballs could be turning into singles or doubles which would raise that average back up to 270 280 range.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootamis91 View Post
    Remember though Ethier had to play half of his games at Dodger Stadium where Cano had that short porch a Yankee stadium
    So? You said he puts up Cano type numbers and he clearly does not.

The difference between Dodgers stadium and Yankees stadium is not the difference in Cano and Ethier's stats.

Look at Cano's splits. It's obvious he does not benefit from Yankee Stadium, plus his HR are usually bombs not Yankee Stadium HR.

vCash
    If he wants to stay, fine let him stay. If he wants to go then fine let him go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    I don't think there will be much change either.

CC will probably be back, Swisher will probably be back. Posada is most likely done which is definitely sad he went out like this but at least he went out fighting in the postseason. Its definitely time though.

Only big addition I could see is another pitcher.
    What's so sad? He goes out with 5 rings, an adoring fan base, and hitting .400 in his last post season series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2AZ View Post
    Sorry tex u gotta go ...Texas last year and the Tigers this year he is batting about .050.

For 20 million bucks you should atleast be able to hit .100 no?
    No one is gonna take Tex off our hands w/ his money. He's not a bad player by any means. But he just doesn't get on base enough anymore. His OBP hasn't been great these past few seasons. He's a #6/7 hitter right now IMO that plays awesome defense. That's valuable - not 20 mil valuable - but valuable none the less.

As I've said, I hope he really works w/ his swing and gets back to driving the ball and not looking to hit fly balls every time. I don't think he just lost that ability. I think he changed his swing because he got HR happy after his first season here (his first year here he hit for good average and thus had a high OBP).

His walk rates have remained constant but after that first season here his BA fell off big time. That's because of very low BABIP the past 2 seasons. I think that's because of him trying to hit fly balls too much instead of staying back and driving the ball. I truly believe he's capable of getting back to hitting a higher avg (I'm talking 270ish) while mainting his always cnsistant walk rates, which will increase OBP and make him a more productive hitter, even though it costs him some power.

Trill Team

Page 5 of 86 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast