Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 86 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Do you like the idea I listed in my last post? I gave him 100 starts at SS and 3B combined. I like your idea of playing him in RF some too, assuming he can handle the position. I didn't account for that in my plan, but it's something that could be added. I think he's a potentially very productive 8-9 hitter (lacks OBP skills to be higher IMO).
    Well I don't know the numbers, but I would use him to spell Arod/Jeter when they need it and start him in RF the rest of the games.

When he plays in the infield, use a bench player....someone like Andruw Jones.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post
    What? The Marlins are not at all in the running for Fielder or Pujols.
    you sure? i saw on mlbtraderumors.com that they would considering going after them seeing as how they are opening a new stadium

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joseph aka Jman View Post
    i wouldnt mind that at all if he played RF he and gardner would destroy the basepaths.
    Bat them right next to each other.

Either Nunez 8th and Gardner 9th or Nunez 9th and Gardner 1st.

vCash
    I still like him much better as backing up Jeter and ARod. He'll get his fair share of ABs with those two. Plus theres the fact that he's only played a couple games in the OF (not sure how much he played in the minors, if any). And he really doesn't have the bat to make up for his defense if he is bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    This doesn't seem like a good idea at all. Most of Nunez' offensive value is because he's a SS. He's really not even that great of a hitter so not sure where people think this move is good. That would be terrible production from a RF spot.

I don't think you need power at every position but the Yankees won't have two guys that would hit 10-15 HRs between them at the corner OF spots.
    I agree w/ you in regards to Nunez as a full time RF. But if he can play the spot defensively, I wouldn't mind him getting spot starts there. I'm talking like 10-20 starts. I think he can be a productive bottom of the order hitter (280/335/430 w/ great baserunning) as a part time player.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootamis91 View Post
    looking at the free agent list for outfielders nobody jumps out to you but if they do decline his option they will most likely target someone like Andre Ethier
    Again... WHAT?!?!? Why would the Yankees wan't either. He's an early bloomer (or peak how ever you want to look at it) version of Bobby Abreu. With out the speed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    I still like him much better as backing up Jeter and ARod. He'll get his fair share of ABs with those two. Plus theres the fact that he's only played a couple games in the OF (not sure how much he played in the minors, if any). And he really doesn't have the bat to make up for his defense if he is bad.
    Eduardo's defensive issues seemed to be fundamental. He didn't seem to set his feet when he threw and he didn't seem like he stepping towards 1st.

He did play some games in the OF and I would let him play there. Have him in the OF during Spring Training and go from there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joseph aka Jman View Post
    tex just has to work his *** off this offseason. that short porch in my opinion is killing his swing. he just has to learn to spread the ball to all fields he has to work with a K Long this offseason for sure.
    I agree. Prior to these last 2 offseason, Tex always had hit for a pretty good average. I would have to do some research, but I wonder if his swing has changed the past few seasons. It seems to me he is always looking to hit fly balls and he gets under the ball too much. I'd like to see him try to develop a more level swing and get back to driving the ball and not hitting pop ups/fly balls only.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    we could always sign someone else who could play SS/3B. its just a cheaper option to put nunez in RF. If he can handle it defensively he is fast enough it would be a great defensive lineup. bat him 9th or 8th with him and gardner back to back would steal alot of bases

vCash
    Yanks Should trade Swish and Tex .Eat Tex's salary and sign prince..

vCash
    Again... WHAT?!?!? Why would the Yankees wan't either. He's an early bloomer (or peak how ever you want to look at it) version of Bobby Abreu. With out the speed.
    Really the guy if when healthy puts up Robinson Cano numbers up each year(30hrs 100rbis)

vCash
    Ethier had 1, 1 bad season...and that's by his standards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I agree. Prior to these last 2 offseason, Tex always had hit for a pretty good average. I would have to do some research, but I wonder if his swing has changed the past few seasons. It seems to me he is always looking to hit fly balls and he gets under the ball too much. I'd like to see him try to develop a more level swing and get back to driving the ball and not hitting pop ups/fly balls only.
    if he could level that swing, yes is HR would drop a little but the OBP AVG and maybe even RBIs would go up significantly

vCash
    How bout Werth for Tex Along with swisher and get some pitching too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootamis91 View Post
    Really the guy if when healthy puts up Robinson Cano numbers up each year(30hrs 100rbis)
    He's hit 30 once, only once did he hit more than 23. He's eclipsed 100 RBI once and that was only 106. He hit .300 twice in his career, Cano has hit .300+ outside of one year.

Cano's SLG% and OPS annually is much higher.

I'm sorry but he's put up nowhere near Cano type numbers.

Page 4 of 86 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast