Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    Swisher should get back some decent value.

Swisher isn't a star, but he's a RF who is decent on defense and has a ton of power.

He is good for 25-30 HR, a good OBP, and a mediocre BA..but his best asset? He's cheap.

Ship him to any contender that needs a LF/RF.
    i think another thing that gives him value is he can play 1st base so maybe someone will over pay for him

vCash
    Hey guys, I was watching the post game stuff and John Kruk said something that REALLY caught my attention.

What if we trade Swisher, then insert Nunez into RF? Nunez has a live bat and could be something really good for us. He has speed and has a rocket.

He did say DH Swisher put I would trade him and let Montero DH/C.
    This doesn't seem like a good idea at all. Most of Nunez' offensive value is because he's a SS. He's really not even that great of a hitter so not sure where people think this move is good. That would be terrible production from a RF spot.

I don't think you need power at every position but the Yankees won't have two guys that would hit 10-15 HRs between them at the corner OF spots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    This doesn't seem like a good idea at all. Most of Nunez' offensive value is because he's a SS. He's really not even that great of a hitter so not sure where people think this move is good. That would be terrible production from a RF spot.

I don't think you need power at every position but the Yankees won't have two guys that would hit 10-15 HRs between them at the corner OF spots.
    Not to me a jerk but the only way Nunez will be a starter on the Yankees is if some is hurt

vCash
    I don't think Swisher is gone unless the Yankees have a really viable option out there. Nunez is not that.

vCash
    beltran would be ok if it just costs us money use him as a stop gap until williams/heathcott is ready i suppose

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootamis91 View Post
    Not to me a jerk but the only way Nunez will be a starter on the Yankees is if some is hurt
    I agree. His best spot on this team is backing up Jeter and ARod.

vCash
    looking at the free agent list for outfielders nobody jumps out to you but if they do decline his option they will most likely target someone like Andre Ethier

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post

I think Nunez has a live bat and could hit .270-.290 with 15 HR and 40 SB if he played everyday.

vCash
    I honestly wouldn't mind dealing Tex, but NO ONE will take him. If they want a 1B for that $$ they will get Pujols or Fielder.

vCash
    Hey guys, I was watching the post game stuff and John Kruk said something that REALLY caught my attention.

What if we trade Swisher, then insert Nunez into RF? Nunez has a live bat and could be something really good for us. He has speed and has a rocket.

He did say DH Swisher put I would trade him and let Montero DH/C.
    I think Nunez will need to be used as a 3B/SS. This is how I'd like to see the positional starts broken up next year...

C: Martin - 90, Montero - 60
    3B: A-Rod - 80, Nunez - 65
    SS: Jeter - 115, Nunez 35
    DH: Montero - 80, A-Rod - 50, Jeter - 10

I left some starts for other guys (like minor leaguers). I really think it's important that the Yanks let A-Rod start DHing to save his body. I Montero splitting time at C and DH. After next season, when Martin leaves, Montero becoems the full time catcher, opening up A-Rod to be almost exclusively a DH. I think that would maximize his production for the next 6 seasons. If we keep riding him at 3B (one of th emost gruelling positions on a player's body), I think we're gonna end up w/ a complete trash player for the last part of his deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thisisdan26 View Post
    I honestly wouldn't mind dealing Tex, but NO ONE will take him. If they want a 1B for that $$ they will get Pujols or Fielder.
    maybe but a team like the Marlins might take him off the Yankees hands if Prince Fielder or Albert Pujols decide not to go there

vCash
    I think Nunez has a live bat and could hit .270-.290 with 15 HR and 40 SB if he played everyday.
    Do you like the idea I listed in my last post? I gave him 100 starts at SS and 3B combined. I like your idea of playing him in RF some too, assuming he can handle the position. I didn't account for that in my plan, but it's something that could be added. I think he's a potentially very productive 8-9 hitter (lacks OBP skills to be higher IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    i wouldnt mind that at all if he played RF he and gardner would destroy the basepaths.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootamis91 View Post
    maybe but a team like the Marlins might take him off the Yankees hands if Prince Fielder or Albert Pujols decide not to go there
    What? The Marlins are not at all in the running for Fielder or Pujols.

vCash
    tex just has to work his *** off this offseason. that short porch in my opinion is killing his swing. he just has to learn to spread the ball to all fields he has to work with a K Long this offseason for sure.

Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast