Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 86 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I would be the best mod ever. Any CC threads get DELETED!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Yesterday, the Yankees made their first three 40-man roster cuts, losing Aaron Laffey to a waiver claim and letting Raul Valdes and Scott Proctor choose free agency before being outrighted.

Those surely won’t be the only casualties.

As it stands, the 40-man roster is at 37 players, but that’s not counting the seven guys on the 60-day disabled list. There’s no hiding someone on the 60-day in the offseason, which means the Yankees have to trim from 44. There are plenty of players who could go.

On the 60-day disabled list
    Joba Chamberlain, Pedro Feliciano, Damaso Marte, Sergio Mitre, Reegie Corona, Colin Curtis, Justin Maxwell

Of these seven, Chamberlain is the only one who absolutely must stay. Marte is headed for free agency, so he’s an easy cut. Same for Mitre, who’s already been through his three arbitration years and doesn’t have an obvious role to play next season. Feliciano probably stays just in case he’s able to pitch next year. The Yankees didn’t dump Marte when he was hurt, hard to imagine they’ll dump Feliciano.

Corona and Curtis each missed all of 2010 with injuries, so they could probably slip through waivers (Corona easier than Curtis). If their claimed, the Yankees have similar players in the system. Maxwell is a more difficult call because he’s coming off a good Triple-A season that was cut short. The Yankees could remove him if they need the roster space, but there’s some risk of a claim.

Heading for free agency
    Bartolo Colon, Freddy Garcia, Eric Chavez, Andruw Jones, Jorge Posada

The Yankees are likely to need a veteran corner infielder and a right-handed outfielder, so Chavez and Jones aren’t completely out of the question for 2012. There’s at least one report that Chavez is leaning toward retirement, but Jones will surely want to play again, and he did his job well this season. Everyone knows the Posada situation.

Colon and Garcia could provide rotation depth, but at what cost? Garcia’s season almost certainly earned him a guaranteed contract somewhere, and if the Yankees are aggressive in finding potential starters, Garcia might find a better opportunity elsewhere. Colon would be a kind of wild card. It’s hard to get the lightning back in the bottle.

Could go if necessary
    Luis Ayala, Kevin Whelan, Greg Golson, Melky Mesa

Ayala pitched well enough to stay, but the Yankees might not want to guarantee him a roster spot, especially if they get into a roster crunch. I guess Cory Wade could also fit in this group, but he was good enough — and trusted in big enough situations — to suggest the Yankees like what they’ve seen. To me, bringing Wade back is an easy call, especially at the cost. It also seems like the Yankees plan to bring back Russell Martin, so I didn’t list him. Same for Nick Swisher and his 2012 club option.

Guys like Whelan, Golson and Mesa haven’t necessarily done anything to lose their spots, but Golson should be out of options next year, Whelan wasn’t given a September call-up and Mesa is coming off a bad year in Double-A. The Yankees relative lack of upper-level outfielders might keep Mesa’s spot safe — Whelan’s numbers and Golson’s familiarity might do the same — but these spots could be opened without creating significant problems for the Yankees.
    Yankees LoHud

So out of these players left to be decided on, who in your opinion are the odd men out in this situation?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mttwlsn16 View Post
    whoa, how did yankee clipper become a mod. nonbody asked me if i wanted to b a mod. wtf
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    I'd like to be one myself lol
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    I would be the best mod ever. Any CC threads get DELETED!
    I will probably be a mod before all of you, but not in this forum, probably over in the Chiefs forum.

Welcome to KC, Miss Kacie!

4. 10-12-2011, 05:43 PM
    Reason
    dodging the filter

vCash
    Leo is crazy.

vCash
    Leo you would be the most kick *** Mod ever

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/...w-york-yankees

Papi considering the Yankees?

Edit: Just saw someone else posted that link in a different thread too.

vCash
    He would fit in like a glove at DH. We would just have to pray to god that A-Rod and Jete find the fountain of youth and stay healthy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett19 View Post
    http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/...w-york-yankees

Papi considering the Yankees?

Edit: Just saw someone else posted that link in a different thread too.
    its ok, we can keep it here too

vCash
    Here's a story about Cashman saying he might stay:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/stor...ox-opening-job

vCash
    I don't want Big Papi. DH needs to be used to spell the geriatrics to keep them in the lineup and also to give Montero ABs. The team needs a super utility infielder that can also hit. Also someone who can actually hit for a high average and not as much emphasis on power hitting.

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    nunez can play all of the IF, and can hit
    and can play OF too

vCash
    9000 post

vCash
    I was just reading around the forum, and if this is Mo's last year, we have to win one more before he can go out.

Forget all the afore mentioned plans for the offseason, time to get to real work.
    Sign Prince Fielder - do not question it
    Sign CJ Wilson - Best Option
    Sign Grady Sizemore - Elite Potential
    Trade for Matt Cain - Trust Me kid has heart
    Trade Gardner -- Value is maxed out

DO not resign, CC, Posada, Soriano(if he opts out)

Trade Montero to Giants for Cain and Prospect, Cain is in last year of contract
    Trade Gardner to Marlins, Teix to Cubs, and Cubs send specs to Miami for Hanely

SS: Jeter
    CF: Granderson
    2b: Cano
    1b: Fielder
    3B: H2R
    DH: Arod
    OF: Sizemore
    OF: Swisher
    C: Martin

Rotation:
    NOVA
    CAIN
    CJ
    HUGHES
    AJ
    --Frankie LO---
    --@frankielo--

vCash
    ummmmmmmmmmmmm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindystud36 View Post
    I was just reading around the forum, and if this is Mo's last year, we have to win one more before he can go out.

Forget all the afore mentioned plans for the offseason, time to get to real work.
    Sign Prince Fielder - do not question it
    Sign CJ Wilson - Best Option
    Sign Grady Sizemore - Elite Potential
    Trade for Matt Cain - Trust Me kid has heart
    Trade Gardner -- Value is maxed out

DO not resign, CC, Posada, Soriano(if he opts out)

Trade Montero to Giants for Cain and Prospect, Cain is in last year of contract
    Trade Gardner to Marlins, Teix to Cubs, and Cubs send specs to Miami for Hanely

SS: Jeter
    CF: Granderson
    2b: Cano
    1b: Fielder
    3B: H2R
    DH: Arod
    OF: Sizemore
    OF: Swisher
    C: Martin

Rotation:
    NOVA
    CAIN
    CJ
    HUGHES
    AJ
    Are you high? Teix has a full NTC which he's not waiving. The Marlins will not trade Hanley if there heading into a new stadium. Sizemore is a lost cause, Gardner is one of the best left fielders in the game, and Prince eats too much.

We remember...

Page 15 of 86 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast