Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Why Not Edwin Jackson?

He's young, he's improving, lots of innings, no prior health issues, good fastball and secondary pitches, American league and a lot of upside. I realize his walk rate is a high but he won't cost any prospects and even if he is signed to a John Danks type of contract it's still better than what a legitimate ace is going to cost (probably120-160mil over 7-8 years). Having a staff of aces doesn't guarantee a championship. I think having a well balanced team is more important.

Maybe Kuroda or Oswalt on 1 year deals.... I still think think Edwin is a pretty good option.

Before I get hammered about who is in the free agent class next year , I'm aware who's coming up but I think the costs are going to be sky high and they might not ever reach free agency. What are your thoughts?

vCash
    depends on price and years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by td905 View Post
    He's young, he's improving, lots of innings, no prior health issues, good fastball and secondary pitches, American league and a lot of upside. I realize his walk rate is a high but he won't cost any prospects and even if he is signed to a John Danks type of contract it's still better than what a legitimate ace is going to cost (probably120-160mil over 7-8 years). Having a staff of aces doesn't guarantee a championship. I think having a well balanced team is more important.

Maybe Kuroda or Oswalt on 1 year deals.... I still think think Edwin is a pretty good option.

Before I get hammered about who is in the free agent class next year , I'm aware who's coming up but I think the costs are going to be sky high and they might not ever reach free agency. What are your thoughts?
    To me this is the key. We are seeiing more and more that teams are locking up their pitchers before they reach FA. And if not, that team trades them and then they get signed by the new team. Either way IMHO we will see less and less pitchers hitting the open market going forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by td905 View Post

To me this is the key. We are seeiing more and more that teams are locking up their pitchers before they reach FA. And if not, that team trades them and then they get signed by the new team. Either way IMHO we will see less and less pitchers hitting the open market going forward. For this reason and this reason alone I thought we would make more of an effort to acquire Yu Darvish.

vCash
    Danks got 5/65. I just can't see the Yankees matching that for Edwin, and I'm sure that's about what he'll cost given that Boras is his agent.

If you look at his statistics, you might make a case for him being worth that much, but it's hard to ignore the fact that he's bounced around from team to team so frequently. If he's that good, why doesn't he ever stay anywhere for very long?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mttwlsn16 View Post
    depends on price and years
    This

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    Jackson is a .500 pitcher who gives up an average of 4 1/2 runs per game. He was 7-7 in the AL last year before going to the NL and went 5-2. Not that wins and losses tell the whole story but to me he is not special giving up 4 1/2 runs per 9.

vCash
    Why is there 2 threads on Edwin Jackson? Referto the other thread for all the great reasons why he is trash.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by expertanalysis View Post
    Jackson is a .500 pitcher who gives up an average of 4 1/2 runs per game. He was 7-7 in the AL last year before going to the NL and went 5-2. Not that wins and losses tell the whole story but to me he is not special giving up 4 1/2 runs per 9.
    Wins tell no story. Wins and losses are a teams stat. Nothing more. The fact that they get lumped onto a pitcher is insane.

vCash
    I honetly don't see why not. Hes young, throws hard, and ppl tend to forget that sometimes it just takes a change of scenery for things to click. If its not going to cost a ton and not too many years, then i say yes. If i had to choose with the market right now, i would go Edwin Jackson or Roy Oswalt (only on a 1 yr deal) Come on guys, you saw what happened with Colon and Garcia last yr, why wouldnt we get better production out of either one of those two, assuming they stay healthy.
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees
    81-77

G: 142 | AVG: .253| HR: 4| RBI: 46| OBP: .301 | SLG: .309 | wOBA: .276 | wRC: 71

vCash
    Get everyone and anyone!

I like ejax. I like wild guys who can strike people out. I HATE nibblers.

For example, loved smoltz. Hated glavine. Love AJ. Hate Freddy. Love vagina. Hate penis. Oh wait....I digress.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Bummer. The Core Be No More.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Wins tell no story. Wins and losses are a teams stat. Nothing more. The fact that they get lumped onto a pitcher is insane.

Giving up 4 1/2 runs per game I suppose you are going to blame the defense on to..I guess if you want to make someone good there are alot of excuses I guess.

vCash
    I'm all about some Edwin Jackson. He can be a solid dependable pitcher for this rotation. He may only go .500 but he isn't expected to lead this team, just be a solid guy who will give innings year in and year out consisently aside from worrying about injuries, craziness, etc.

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by expertanalysis View Post
    Wins and losses in all reality tell absolutely nothing of the story for a pitcher's success.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Get everyone and anyone!

I like ejax. I like wild guys who can strike people out. I HATE nibblers.

For example, loved smoltz. Hated glavine. Love AJ. Hate Freddy. Love vagina. Hate penis. Oh wait....I digress.
    crazzzzzzy LEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast