Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 86 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

The Offical 2011-2012 New York Yankees Offseason Thread.

Ok here's where we talk anything, or everything that deals with the offseason for the New York Yankees. I don't care if you purpose a deal in here, just make it a fair an legit deal, nothing like King Felix for Romine, Betances, Nunez, and Teix, just something that sounds reasonable. And Ry if you could make this a sticky thread( I know that's what she said), please.

Welcome to KC, Miss Kacie!

vCash
    I really don't see much happening for us. I do think Swish will be gone though.

As for a big splash in FA, I just don't see it happening unless a huge SP becomes available on the market.

vCash
    Also, I would be all for trying to deal Teixeira... I just don't know how we would do it. Easier said than done.

vCash
    The problem with trying to move Tex is that no big market team needs a 1B.

LAA? Nope. Boston? Nope. Philly? Nope. ATL? Nope. Mets? Nope. Dodgers? Yeah but they have no money.

vCash
    Exactly. It would be extremely hard to do, but they should at least look into it.

vCash
    i think swish will be gone too. theres not much out there in free agency to replace him i really dont want to deal with beltran. thoughts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joseph aka Jman View Post
    i think swish will be gone too. theres not much out there in free agency to replace him i really dont want to deal with beltran. thoughts?
    Yeah, that's the thing... who do we replace him with? I haven't really looked at the entire list of upcoming FA's but I doubt there's much out there that would give us better production for a relatively similar price.

vCash
    I don't think there will be much change either.

CC will probably be back, Swisher will probably be back. Posada is most likely done which is definitely sad he went out like this but at least he went out fighting in the postseason. Its definitely time though.

Only big addition I could see is another pitcher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    I don't think there will be much change either.

CC will probably be back, Swisher will probably be back. Posada is most likely done which is definitely sad he went out like this but at least he went out fighting in the postseason. Its definitely time though.

Only big addition I could see is another pitcher.
    Who?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    Yeah, that's the thing... who do we replace him with? I haven't really looked at the entire list of upcoming FA's but I doubt there's much out there that would give us better production for a relatively similar price.
    yeah theres nothing really out there. maybe thru a trade? Either maybe? i really wish we would have gotten pence

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    Who?
    Wilson or Darvish probably. Whether its a wise move or not to go after either of them and get saddled with another huge contract I imagine they're gonna keep looking for that big pitcher to slot in after CC. Wilson obviously fits that more than Darvish. Would it surprise you if either of those guys are on the team next year?

vCash
    Gonna throw a doozey at you guys... Jesus in the cramped confines of right field next year?

vCash
    I think the Yankees will trade Montero for a pitcher. This will hurt a great deal but I think they see Romine and the kid in the minors as the future catchers.

If we are going to talk about Felix lets be honest it is going to hurt a lot to get him. I think Seattle would consider Montero, one of the B's, Nunez and maybe Joba. I would do this but I know it would hurt and understand not agreeing with me. Lets just be reasonable to get Felix the Yankees have to give up a lot.

Also no way anyone takes Texeria. He is unmovable and not even close to the player he was when the Yankees signed him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post
    Gonna throw a doozey at you guys... Jesus in the cramped confines of right field next year?
    One word: No

Two words: Hell No

vCash
    im against trading for felix if it costs us montero 2 Bs and nunez. just an intresting thought but if swisher is gone maybe nunez in right?

Page 1 of 86 1231151 ... LastLast