Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Last night was more like it. Like you said, the D and goaltending is great, if they can fix the other side of the puck, this team will go far.

vCash
    Just read Craig Custance's mailbox on ESPN and one of the questions asked was from a NJ fan asking about Zach Parise. Custance thinks that his days in NJ are numbered and he listed Minnesota (Parise's hometown), Los Angeles, and Detroit as the most likely destinations. Hopefully you're right in your previous post rjvacad, because that would be a HUGE addition and what could put the Kings in line for a long playoff run.

:fingers crossed:

vCash
    Good win last night, kinda bitter sweet for me. My girlfriend and I were planning on making the drive to Dallas to go to the game, which would have been my first Kings game in years. I think Michael Camaleri scored a goal in the last game I went to, that's how long its been. Unfortunately we were just unable to make it, but still a good win.

vCash
    I think his last year was something like 2008, but that is better than me, my last game was in the early 90's. The kids, King and Nolan are looking pretty good and seems to have injected some life into this team. I hope they can keep it up, because the front office may not make a big move, might make a couple of small ones, but bringing up the kids might be the big move. I do say might, because you never know.

vCash
    Yeah, I only got to see the replays but it looked like King was really fighting in the corners. Hopefully they do bring some life into the offense.

vCash
    With Richards as center and them on the wing, seems to work well so far. They both were fighting for the puck and seemed to gell with King Mike.
    Last edited by rjvacad; 02-14-2012 at 08:03 PM.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Wondering if Kings might pull the trigger on a deal for Rick Nash. Penner has not done the job.

Shea Stadium Scoreboard May 31, 1964

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Craig Custance on the Kings being one of the frontrunners if Nash gets traded:

The way GM Dean Lombardi built the Kings, high-end players on the wing is the last piece to the puzzle. He's done everything else according to plan in Los Angeles. He has an elite goalie in Jonathan Quick. He has a franchise defenseman in Drew Doughty. He has strength down the middle in Anze Kopitar and Mike Richards. Now he just needs his star goal-scoring winger. Nash would be the perfect fit especially since a lack of goal scoring has plagued the Kings this season. "It's in their heads now too," said an NHL source on Monday.

The Kings have the organizational depth to pull it off. Columbus needs a goalie and the Kings have a talented one in Jonathan Bernier who could be one of the pieces a Nash trade is built around. The question becomes, how much is Lombardi willing to part with from his NHL roster to land Nash? Howson may not do it without defenseman Jack Johnson included in the deal, which would thin out the Kings' defense.

vCash
    I would love Nash, I just hope we can pull it off without giving up Jack Johnson. I read somewhere that Pierre LeBrun and Scott Burnside think a package around Bernier, Loktionov, Voynov, and a 1st round pick might be able to do it. I hope they can do something like that. Can you imagine Nash on this team?

vCash
    That would be awesome and they should be able to pull it off without Johnson in the deal, they have plenty to offer.

vCash
    I agree with you, Columbus desperately needs a #1 goaltender and Bernier can be their long term solution for that. Remember that just a couple years ago we were thinking that Bernier would replace Quick as our #1.

Maybe that's why the youngsters played last game, anticipating a couple players being traded.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PartyBoy13 View Post
    I would love Nash, I just hope we can pull it off without giving up Jack Johnson. I read somewhere that Pierre LeBrun and Scott Burnside think a package around Bernier, Loktionov, Voynov, and a 1st round pick might be able to do it. I hope they can do something like that. Can you imagine Nash on this team?
    I hoping we can pull it off without having to give Jack Johnson and a #1. The other players mentioned might just do it, especially with Bernier as the center piece.

Next 10 days or so should be interesting.

We definitely need a scorer - big time or we may not even make playoffs. And if we do make we more than likely would be knocked out in the first round.

Mets Dieharder Since '63

vCash
    I haven't been able to watch a lot of games this year because I live in Germany and they are on at 4:30am here... but every time I make the commitment to stay up and watch it is the same. Quick is scrambling for his life for 3 periods trying to be perfect hoping Kings can net one or two. The Kings need a sniper to play alongside Anze. I love Dustin Brown, but IMO he needs to be playing with Richards on the second line! He is a north south kind of player who lacks imagination. If the Kings can pull the trigger for Rick Nash without a Jack Johnson involved... great! But if they have to involve him, Defense is the one position Kings have a lot of young talent at. I hope Lombardi shops Bernier out there on the open market too. That guy is just rotting away on the bench behind IMO the best Goalie in hockey right now. Blackhawks are desperate for a #1 and the opinion around the league on Bernier is very high! Maybe a Patrick Kane who is a great young player but having a down year could be an option packaged with some prospects. Should be interesting to see!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalKid View Post
    I haven't been able to watch a lot of games this year because I live in Germany and they are on at 4:30am here... but every time I make the commitment to stay up and watch it is the same. Quick is scrambling for his life for 3 periods trying to be perfect hoping Kings can net one or two. The Kings need a sniper to play alongside Anze. I love Dustin Brown, but IMO he needs to be playing with Richards on the second line! He is a north south kind of player who lacks imagination. If the Kings can pull the trigger for Rick Nash without a Jack Johnson involved... great! But if they have to involve him, Defense is the one position Kings have a lot of young talent at. I hope Lombardi shops Bernier out there on the open market too. That guy is just rotting away on the bench behind IMO the best Goalie in hockey right now. Blackhawks are desperate for a #1 and the opinion around the league on Bernier is very high! Maybe a Patrick Kane who is a great young player but having a down year could be an option packaged with some prospects. Should be interesting to see!
    I have heard that Kane may go if the Hawks could get a #1 goalie, that would be interesting too. I agree with you that if Jack Johnson HAS to be included to get Nash, then Lombardi should pull the trigger, I just hope we don't have to include him.

On a side note, where in Germany are you? I was stationed in Wiesbaden for 2 years and I remember the middle of the night games. However, I was there during the strike season so I didn't miss too much and ended up going to quite a few Frankfurt Lions games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalKid View Post
    Bravo SoCaKid! You are far away from LaLaLand. Love the commitment to the Kings.

I'd be surprised if a big trade was not made. It can be done without trading Jack Johnson.

Mets Dieharder Since '63

Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast