..............................3.00	G/G 	2.00
    ..............................3.00 	GA/G 	3.50
    ..............................0.00 	PP% 	0.0
    ..............................33.3 	PK% 	57.1
    ..............................36.0 	S/G 	32.5
    ..............................28.0 	SA/G 	28.5
    ..............................54.2 	FO% 	54.1
    GAME PREVIEW
    The Vancouver Canucks appear to be facing the right opponent as they begin their first road trip of the season.

The Canucks have won seven straight over the Columbus Blue Jackets, who will try to avoid the worst start in franchise history Monday night.

Vancouver (0-0-1) will be hoping to erase the memories of its final three road games last season, in which it was outscored 17-3 in losses at Boston in the Stanley Cup final.

As they begin a four-game trip, the Canucks try to extend their longest win streak over Columbus (0-2-0). Special teams have played a key role during the seven-game run, with Vancouver going 7 for 29 on the power play and limiting the Blue Jackets to one goal in 26 chances.

There's room for improvement for Vancouver after Thursday's 4-3 shootout loss to Pittsburgh in its opener. The Canucks gave up two power-play goals in the first period and failed to score on their three opportunities for the game.

"I think we'll be fine there on the PK, there's no way to panic yet," left wing Alex Burrows said. "We're going to get better."

Daniel Sedin had a goal and an assist and Henrik Sedin added two assists for the Canucks, who went 0-3-1 in their first four road games last season.

Keith Ballard had an impressive season debut, scoring for the first time since Dec. 11.

"We encourage our defense, when the opportunity is there, when the space is there, they have got to get up on the play, and Keith is no different from any one of our defensemen," coach Alain Vigneault said. "We want him to support the attack."

Roberto Luongo made 25 saves for Vancouver. Luongo has not started the Canucks' last five games at Columbus, and he's 1-4-0 with a 2.84 goals-against average in five career starts at Nationwide Arena.

Expectations are high for the Blue Jackets to make the playoffs for the second time after they acquired Jeff Carter from Philadelphia and Vinny Prospal as a free agent in the offseason.

Carter has paid immediate dividends with a team-high three assists while Prospal has a goal and an assist.

Columbus, however, is looking to avoid its first-ever three-game skid to start the season after failing to score on the power play in its first two contests for the first time. The Blue Jackets are 0 for 11 after they came up empty on six chances in Saturday's 4-2 loss at Minnesota.

"We were as flat as flat can be," coach Scott Arniel said.

Steve Mason was replaced by Curtis Sanford after he allowed all four goals on 23 shots through two periods Saturday. Mason has a 4.24 GAA.

"I don't see any reason to panic or anything," Mason said. "We had a great preseason, and we just need to stick to what we've been doing."

Star winger Rick Nash was held without a point after he had one goal and one assist in Friday's 3-2 home defeat to Nashville. Nash has no points in his last five games against the Canucks.
    ---------------------------------

PREDICTIONS:

Winner:

Final score:

GWG Scored in:

First Star:

So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    I hope Hodgson has a big game.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    It's crucial that he and Sturm get on the score sheet. Sturm needs to at least get a SOG.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Sturm is going to be buried on our depth chart soon if he has a few bad games to start the season.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Canucks win 4-2, but get outplayed for 2/3rds of the game. Columbus hasn't looked bad, though Steve Mason surely has.

vCash
    Cory Schneider starts tonight.

<3

vCash
    Didnt think I would be able to watch any of the game because of work, but I got off early, so I get to see the first period, maybe a bit of the second, then back to work.

vCash
    2 early penalties
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Sturm has looked really bad, I think he ends up on the 4th line, unless he and Kesler get some good chemistry going.

vCash
    Ugh. Bad goal. We better exploit how bad Mason is in net. I am still confident we can win.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    I'm definitely not liking what I see from Sturm.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    There we go!
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Ballard looks so much better than last year. I love it.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    We were outplayed in the 1st but at least its tied right now.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    I wonder why Schneider is starting tonight. I thought We'd start him in one of the back to backs. Would rather not let Luongo play in 2 straight games.

<3

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast