Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Do The Jets Win?/How Many Goals?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Montreal Canadiens Win

1 33.33%
  • Winnipeg Jets Win

1 33.33%
  • 1 Goal

0 0%
  • 2 Goal

0 0%
  • 3 Goal

1 33.33%
  • 4+ Goals

1 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

SEASON OPENER!!! Montreal Canadiens @ Winnipeg Jets

CANADIENS at WINNIPEG
    4:00 PM CT/5:00 PM EST
    TV - CBC, RDS(HD), NHLN-US
    SUNDAY OCTOBER 9TH, 2011

Player To Look Out For

ANDREW LADD
    Last edited by BranWingss; 10-03-2011 at 08:31 PM.

vCash
    Copied a lot of it from the Wings game thread. I put these game by it's self due to the fact that it's the first game back in many years. The crowd's going to be wild.

I've got a 4-3 win for Montreal in OT actually.

vCash
    Winnipeg will win. The atmosphere will be crazy!

Straight Flash Homey

vCash
    If by crazy you mean stupid drunk retards. Going for a shootout win with Mark "Golden Boy" Schiefele winning it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    If by crazy you mean stupid drunk retards. Going for a shootout win with Mark "Golden Boy" Schiefele winning it
    That will include me

Straight Flash Homey

vCash
    Don't get hammered people this is a moment your going to want to remember every single minute of!

vCash
    Cannot wait for this one!! Going to be a great day in the Peg... this entire week has been people ready to explode on sunday!! We'll show Vancouver how to not riot and still have a good time!!

vCash
    Crowd has been awesome. Winnipeg, not so much. Horrible turn over, and if it wasn't for a few lucky bounces, Montreal would be ahead 3-0. Wheeler's shot has been so off. Shiefele has been good though. Really good. Enstrom has been stellar as well.

vCash
    How the hell did they score 3 straight goals that fast? Wow. Winnipeg totally shut down. Oduya was awful.

This team is going to finish in the bottom 7 or so IMO. I'd like to keep Marky Mark up though. The crowd was awesome.

Little is not a centre. The Jets need to find one via trade. Burmistrov was pretty good btw.

vCash
    turnover after turnover after turnover.

kane/wellwood/mark = no size. Oduya was pure crap. Pavelec was awful (expecting that cause he didn't impress me during the preseason). Pretty obvious our best player going forward is dusty buff.

vCash
    Yeah, I wasn't a fan of that line either. Wheeler is good with the puck, but man, he cannot bury it.

I'd really like to see something different for the next game.

Kane - Little - Wheeler
    Ladd - Scheifele - Wellwood
    Maclean - Burmistrov - Antropov
    Glass - Slater - Thorburn

Scheifele actually looked pretty good at times. That line really wasn't clicking though. Burmistrov was looking good with Antropov. Little looked decent at times, but like I said, he's not a centre. When Fehr returns, I'd expect Maclean to be the one out of the top nine.

This team is lacking that impact forward. Alexander Semin is hitting the market this off-season, and he may be a good option. The thing is, this team really needs a #1 centreman. Scheifele won't be ready for that spot next season.

How did Nylander look in preseason? He may be a desperate option.

vCash
    I kinda like that lineup. I've always hated Antropov to back to his days in Toronto.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    I kinda like that lineup. I've always hated Antropov to back to his days in Toronto.
    Antropov really isn't bad. He drives to the net, and isn't that bad in his own end. I really like him with Burmistrov. Wellwood and Scheifele aren't exactly physical players so Ladd is perfect.

Oduya was just horrendous though. I don't blame Pavelec on any of those two first goals either.

vCash
    Cherry showed that one clip of him just taking a play off. He does that regularly. He's useful, just not a top liner and is a marginal second liner. Pavelec just looked shakey since the beginning of the game. He kept coming way too far out of his net on numerous plays. Not really concerned with him, his play last season was quite good. And I have faith in Mason as a back up.

vCash
    Michael Cammalleri - W - Canadiens

Canadiens forward Michael Cammalleri is expected to miss about two weeks of action due to a lacerated leg suffered during Sunday's game against the Jets.
    Cammalleri scored a goal early in this contest, but was forced to leave the game after teammate Yannick Weber's skate cut him on his left leg. Play was stopped in order to rush Cammalleri to the locker room with what appeared to be a very serious injury. If the two-week prognosis is correct it seems the winger may have dodged a bullet with this result.
    rotoworld

Straight Flash Homey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast