Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which Coach Goes First?

So it happens every year. It seems to take just that one team to really struggle, that triggers the coaching firing squad.

Which team do you think comes out of the gates the slowest this year and cans their head coach?

I personally think the Flames past few years of mediocrity and lack of significant improvement this offseason is really catching up to them. Iginla is beginning to slow down a bit. He did have a good season last year, but he isnt getting any better. Bouwmeester appears to have been a mistake. Kipprusoff is certainly no youngster. I just think this team has too many holes in its roster and the front office has not made enough changes for them to be a competitor in the tough west. I really think they come out sluggish and we see Sutter to be the first coach to go come early December.

Your thoughts.

Ron Wilson imo if the leafs start off struggling because the team finally has a roster that looks like it can play up to expectations

Wilson!

On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

If the Leafs struggle out of the gate, it'll be Ronnie for sure. The Leafs actually have a decent roster. If the Leafs struggle and it isn't a goaltending issue, it'll be Ronnie.

Scott Arniel will be on the hot seat if the Jackets struggle as well.

Alain Vingeualt probably doesn't get fired early, but he needs results this season.

Quote Originally Posted by McJoe View Post
    Alain Vingeualt probably doesn't get fired early, but he needs results this season.
    Definitely agree. I've supported him for a while because he's obviously a good coach. The question is whether another coach can get more entertaining hockey out of this roster. Also, his approach this preseason has severely sucked and the team looks like it's headed for another slow start. The team is bizarre at the moment without Kesler there. It has really exposed the fact that beyond the Sedins and Kesler, the team is largely made up of 3rd and 4th liners on offence. AV's systematic approach makes the best of that, sure, but somehow a credible 2nd line has to be created (and not just because Kesler is away) and AV has done a terrible job at addressing that issue. The team has virtually no secondary scoring whatsoever and that makes it incredibly easy to lock down the top line; no other credible threat. Gillis is glacier-slow when it comes to making changes so it will be after Christmas for sure if AV even does get the axe.
    Last edited by ink; 09-30-2011 at 02:39 PM.
    If we're all such great coaches why do we recruit so hard? You need players.

~ Jack Armstrong, ECF 2016

sacco

Either Toronto or LA
    Green Bay Packers
    Detroit Red Wings
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Toronto Raptors

Ron Wilson if the Leafs struggle in the first half. Alaign Vigneault possible as well if the Canucks dont meet expectations. IDK though, NHL ha s alot of good coaches.. I could honestly see 0 coaches getting fired during the regular season...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    Ron Wilson...he'll blame it on all the injuries, but he still deserves to go

Everyone always says Wilson lol
    I don't think he does even if he struggles, Burkie backs him through everything
    Head of the Bandwagon to make tunnicliffderek the Miami Dolphins Manager, Guaranteeing us another 72' season

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    i would trade our first,our 1st next yr and cam wake for aj green.Locker isnt a project hed start day one
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    i think cutler is worth 2 1st rounders and a 3rd thats just me though

Brucey in Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by BluejaysFan08 View Post
    Everyone always says Wilson lol
    I don't think he does even if he struggles, Burkie backs him through everything
    Agreed. Burke thinks too highly of Wilson. I can't see him firing him.

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    Brucey in Washington.
    After the playoffs if they implode again, but not the first coach to go.
    If we're all such great coaches why do we recruit so hard? You need players.

~ Jack Armstrong, ECF 2016

Maybe not the first but I think he goes before Wilson. Toronto will hover around 7-8th which will keep Mr.Wilson around and if the Caps go on losing streaks like they did last season Brucey is gonzo

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    Maybe not the first but I think he goes before Wilson. Toronto will hover around 7-8th which will keep Mr.Wilson around and if the Caps go on losing streaks like they did last season Brucey is gonzo
    to the jets, canes, bolts, and swamp cats don't think so

PAPI SMASH!

here comes Jbay with logic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast