• Braves

12 6.42%
  • Red Sox

146 78.07%
  • Still the Mets

29 15.51%
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Why don't people talk about the Braves blowing a big lead?

It's all about Boston collapsing but you hardly hear about the braves. At one point they had an 11 game lead

vCash
    They do. You Red Sox fans just want all the attention to yourselves so you fail to realize other things are happening in the MLB.

vCash
    One word: Expectations.

vCash
    I find it kind of depressing for the Braves that their last game is against the Phillies while the Cards are booked against the Astros.

vCash
    Nobody was expecting the braves to be a lock, 100% for the wildcard let alone the division. Everyone expected for the red sox to take the division with ease and go to the world series. Now they might not even make the playoffs.

As said above, expectations.
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    Squibble Squabble

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by F*(&"Next Year" View Post
    One word: Expectations.
    Bingo.

The Red Sox were very highly hyped coming into the season with their newly high paid acquisitions. Many picked them to win the divison. And now they're in risk of losing the wild card.

I don't know about the rest of you but I am really enjoying seeing the Sox tank.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Ray View Post
    Bingo.

The Red Sox were very highly hyped coming into the season with their newly high paid acquisitions. Many picked them to win the divison. And now they're in risk of losing the wild card.

I don't know about the rest of you but I am really enjoying seeing the Sox tank.
    Clearly, I am not.

vCash
    well them redsox was supposed to win 100 games, they the series favorites, supposed to have best team in mlb, and gots a payroll double atl's

vCash
    because the world sereis favorite red sox are also doing it
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Because Boston sports media will always trump the Atlanta sports media.

Boston and many of their fans don't seem to realize or care that baseball exists outside of the Northeast area.

And I'm pretty sure Tampa was 9 back before coming back and St. Louis was 8.5 back, so that helps.

I've noticed it too, and I agree.

vCash
    Boston had such high expectations Atlanta was never a lock for wild card 2nd in their division yes but wild card no.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whysodevious View Post
    I find it kind of depressing for the Braves that their last game is against the Phillies while the Cards are booked against the Astros.
    It all comes down to series before braves should of done better. Last series of year is always against a division opponent. And cardinals are against a division opponent just as braves are. So not really depressing.

And the collapse of braves can be attributed to their rotation falling apart towards end with Hanson, jurggens and anyone else I can't think of
    Off top of my head while at work.

vCash
    Because the Braves almost blew it last year as well, so it's becoming a trend in ATL. And they are a smaller market under a smaller microscope. And there are a lot more Boston haters than Braves haters. And because the playoff favorites could get legitimately scrambled if the Rays were to make it in. The Red Sox would get knocked out in the ALDS for sure, and the Rays could realistically make a run with that pitching staff.

vCash
    Honestly,

I hate the red sox and the braves.....

Enjoying every godam minute.

And I for one, half a world away in japan, am well aware of the braves' collapse and my phone bill will show it next month.

(my lil bro is a huge tomahawker)

vCash
    Expectations was the best word to use.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast