1 1.96%
  • 10 years

4 7.84%
  • 15 or more

2 3.92%
Page 197 of 257 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207247 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 3848

Thread: The CFL Thread

I'm not overly surprised by any of them. The Bombers showed a lot of potential on defense last year plus they picked up the best defensive coordinator in the league. They also could have just as easily had 11 wins last year if they were decent at closing out games. The Eskimos showed potential last year as well and have the best gm in the league as well as the second best qb. And the Riders lost some really good players, have an average qb, and have one of the worst coaches in the league as their offensive coordinator.

Thats one of the great things about the CFL, a team can turn things completely around in a year. With an extra year of seasoning for Lulay and other young players, a good pick or two, and a couple good new imports the Lions could be the top team next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    I'm not overly surprised by any of them. The Bombers showed a lot of potential on defense last year plus they picked up the best defensive coordinator in the league. They also could have just as easily had 11 wins last year if they were decent at closing out games. The Eskimos showed potential last year as well and have the best gm in the league as well as the second best qb. And the Riders lost some really good players, have an average qb, and have one of the worst coaches in the league as their offensive coordinator.

Thats one of the great things about the CFL, a team can turn things completely around in a year. With an extra year of seasoning for Lulay and other young players, a good pick or two, and a couple good new imports the Lions could be the top team next year.
    agree with everything except durant being an average QB, he will be a star in the league, hes been in the league maybe 2 full years and has been to the cup finals both times, hes sucking right now because his receivors sucks and berry is god dam shithole awful

Quote Originally Posted by T.O.Bombinators View Post
    agree with everything except durant being an average QB, he will be a star in the league, hes been in the league maybe 2 full years and has been to the cup finals both times, hes sucking right now because his receivors sucks and berry is god dam shithole awful
    He may develope into a star qb but right now he is just average (the only reason he reaches average is his ability to run). The Riders making two cup finals in a row has a lot more to do with the team as a whole then the qb.

Labor Day Weekend Matchups: Classics No Longer

Ticats beat up on the Als, the second time they have done so this season. Kind of shocking considering their history with them. Avon Colborne got some revenge on his old squad as well, adding over 100 yards on the ground in the big win.

BC beat up on the ****** Argos early in the week. And yesterday the Riders were able to shock the Bombers with a big win.

The Stamps and Eskies are in the 3rd quarter right now

Eskies went on to blowout the Stamps. Crappy games all around.

Betcha next year the classics are back.

Crappy? I think I can say as a Ticats fan the entire league likes to see MTL lose, and by a large amount makes that victory that much sweeter
    Head of the Bandwagon to make tunnicliffderek the Miami Dolphins Manager, Guaranteeing us another 72' season

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    i would trade our first,our 1st next yr and cam wake for aj green.Locker isnt a project hed start day one
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    i think cutler is worth 2 1st rounders and a 3rd thats just me though

Bombers offer 3D Peek of New Stadium

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers unveiled a three-dimensional view of their new stadium on Wednesday, giving fans a peek at the $190-million facility set to open next summer.

The team also released details about some of the amenities the stadium will include, as well as information for season ticket holders on how to transfer their seats from the old stadium to the new one at the University of Manitoba campus.

All 21,155 Bombers season ticket holders will be receiving confirmation letters explaining the Virtual Venue seat selection tool, an interactive 3D animation that allows anyone to virtually explore seats, sections, prices and views in the team's future home.

A top view of the future stadium with the canopies that will provide partial covering. (bluebombers.com)
    Current season ticket holders must secure their intent for a 2012 season ticket with a $50 deposit by Oct. 24.

Fans will then have from November 2011 to March 2012 to select their actual seats. Season tickets for the general public will go on sale in April 2012.

“Our introductory price point for season tickets is just $17.90 per game. This was the most important decision we made — fair pricing for fans and the community," said Jeff Thompson, the Winnipeg Football Club's chief tansition officer.

Anyone interested in watching the stadium construction can check out a live camera feed on the Blue Bombers website.

The club is also working with corporate partners on community programming "to ensure the kids, parents and groups who can’t afford games will be very welcome" at the stadium,” he added.

“We look forward to announcing these programs soon.”

In addition to the stadium, the eight-hectare site at Chancellor-Matheson Road and University Crescent will feature a multiplex athletic facility for the U of M and its Bison sports teams.

Ossama AbouZeid, WFC interim CEO, said construction is on target and on budget.

“We look forward to opening a first-class facility next summer that will make Manitobans and Winnipeggers proud.”
    cbc.

Link for 3D View: lhttp://bluebombers.io-media.com/

Calvillo sets all time passing record

Anthony Calvillo set the all time passing record in professional football today, surpassing the 72,385 yard mark today against the Argos. Amazing achievement, there were videos congratulating him from the other top 5 passers: Dan Marino, Warren Moon, and Damon Allen. Third ranked Brett Favre was noticeably absent.

Chris Berman also said congrats, and exhibited a pretty impressive knowledge of french as well!

Great achievement for a player who, by all accounts from players and media alike, say he is a classy individual all around!

I wonder why we didnt hear anything from Favre

Greatest player in CFL history. So humble too. He's been awesome over these years, and really is the face of the Montreal franchise. Has went through a lot in his life, and I'm glad he got honored for this.

Any of you old-timers remember...

when the Riders scored a TD?

Its crazy to think how far they fell...

Haha, I had the Lions-Riders game on my proline ticket on Sunday, and thought damn, what is BC doing, get it together. Sure enough they pulled it out in the end, but shoot, that offense just can't score a TD. What is it, 4 games now? Damn.

Credit--- Phins1983