2. Sidney Crosby- 3 G, 6 A, 9 P
    3. Jarome Iginla- 2 G, 7 A, 9 P

Goaltending Comparison:

Tomas Vokoun- 2-0, 1.41 GAA, .957 Save %

Marc-Andre Fleury- 2-2, 3.40 GAA, .891 Save %

Craig Anderson- 4-1, 1.80 GAA, .950 Save %

Players to watch:

Tyler Kennedy: 9 goals, 16 points in his career against the Sens

Sidney Crosby: 10 goals, 27 points in 15 career playoff games against the Senators

Erik Karlsson: 3 goals, 16 points in 16 career games against the Pens

Craig Anderson: 3.17 GAA, .898 save % career with Ottawa against the Pens

I stole the thread format from penguins2946's NHL forum thread so all credit goes to him. If a Mod could update it with whatever may be necessary, that'd be great. I just wanted to have a thread to start discussing it in the Pens' forum.
    Last edited by king4day; 05-12-2013 at 09:46 PM.

vCash
    Thanks. Makes it easier on me and it is nicer than what I usually create. I say the Pens turn it up and have no problem with the Senators closing it out in only 5 games.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

vCash
    @MelnykEugene: Some tweets we get from #Pens fans are profanity filled. That's classless - it's just a game. You are embarassing your city, team & players.
    How dare this guy after his Cooke comments and overall acting like a baby. He is the dumbest owner in all of sports.

vCash
    I think the Pens will take it in 6. Ottawa would have been a top 4 seed if the unfortunate injury to Karlsson hadn't taken place. Their forwards are not speed guys, and outside of the top two lines, they aren't even skill guys. This is where our big boys will be able to show their talent in grit I think. Iggy, Cooke, Morrow.

Defensively, I think Gonch and Cowen can be RAVAGED! They both are lacking speed in my opinion and Cowen in general plays mediocre pro hockey from what I have seen. If we get Sid and Duper pinned against them a lot, I like our odds in beating the always solid Anderson.

Games 1 and 2 we need to set tone for the series in my opinion. Light Anderson up for 3-4 goals in each game and his head might get out of it a bit.

I don't see us sweeping these guys, or taking them in 5. Anderson is too solid and until we avoid bad centering passes in our own zone like Letang did in last game, any playoff team will take advantage. We need to just worry about playing solid, defensive minded hockey in the defensive and neutral zones.. Because once we get the puck in our offensive zone, our skill will score the goals.

So I am saying the Pens win this one in 6, although I can easily see this series going 7 or 5 as well. I just think the Pens have way too much talent to lose to this team. Their big guy is Karlsson, and Letang is very comparable. Great offensively but makes stupid plays defensively from time to time.

Go Pens!!!

"I hate losing. I hate losing even more than I wanna win, and there's a difference." Brad Pitt as Billy Beane in MoneyBall

vCash
    Also, rumor has it Game 1 tomorrow and game 2 Friday! Nothing official yet though!

"I hate losing. I hate losing even more than I wanna win, and there's a difference." Brad Pitt as Billy Beane in MoneyBall

vCash
    Penguins website says game 1 is tomorrow @ 7:30 (Tuesday).
    Glad we get more than a days rest. It's going to be a fun series. I actually love that there are 2 game 7's tonight. Rare to see back to backs in the playoffs.

vCash
    Also, I already noted it in the OP but since it's at the bottom, some may not have seen. I took penguins2946's game thread from the NHL forum. Credit all to him.

vCash
    Change of series and matchups mean some minor line changes. Only changes made in practice today were on D. Niskanen-Letang, Martin-Orpik, Engelland-Murray. Could be the match up since Ottawa has more beef, or it could be the Pens anticipating the first game getting physical because of Cooke. Either way, couple minor changes!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AllSports4387 View Post
    Change of series and matchups mean some minor line changes. Only changes made in practice today were on D. Niskanen-Letang, Martin-Orpik, Engelland-Murray. Could be the match up since Ottawa has more beef, or it could be the Pens anticipating the first game getting physical because of Cooke. Either way, couple minor changes!
    I sure hope that these are not the pairings. I do not want to see Engelland anywhere near the ice tomorrow or in any games.

Depres simply must play - we don't have enough D-men who can skate and carry the mail effectively without including Despres. Engelland is not smart like Murray - he's going to take stupid penalties, and what's worse, take runs at people and pull himself out of position. Despres is a much better 1-on-1 defender and trying to add gratuitous muscle on defense is always a poor concept; you can only do that at forward.

If their logic is that because Ottawa is "beefier" you have to answer that with less skill and more "muscle" on defense, then they're falling for a cliche that does not bear out in hockey. We'll never get a good transition game going without having someone other than just Tanger to launch the attack. They're going to target him, which they can't do if he can dish it to a defense partner who can skate and move the puck deftly. Nisky has decent skills but he's been under siege at times and doesn't have the size and reach of Despres. Don't like it at all.
    Last edited by rudemechanical; 05-13-2013 at 06:50 PM.

vCash
    I hope the Sens take so many bad penalties towards Cooke and us, that just means our monster PP will have a firing squad on Mr. Anderson.

I only say Mr. Anderson, because in my mind, I do it in the voice of the agent in the Matrix...

Last edited by jzelenda; 05-13-2013 at 07:18 PM. Reason: There was a glitch in the Matrix...

vCash
    I hope we skate and move and support the puck. That ought to take care of it .

vCash
    Vokoun will start tonight:

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...nguins-687568/

I agree with it. Have to ride the hot goalie during the playoffs

vCash
    Ill be at the game so excited first playoff game been to over 30 regular season games the last 3 years but first playoff game

vCash
    Got tickets myself as well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelenda View Post
    I hope the Sens take so many bad penalties towards Cooke and us, that just means our monster PP will have a firing squad on Mr. Anderson.

I only say Mr. Anderson, because in my mind, I do it in the voice of the agent in the Matrix...

I will most definitely be adopting this throughout the series.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast