Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Eastern Conference Finals: #1 Pittsburgh Penguins vs #4 Boston Bruins

CREDIT TO penguins2946 FOR THE THREAD CREATION (FROM THE NHL FORUM)

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS vs BOSTON BRUINS

Games TBA

LINEUPS:

PENGUINS

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
    Iginla-Malkin-Neal
    Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy
    Morrow-Jokinen-Adams

Letang-Eaton
    Martin-Orpik
    Murray-Niskanen

BRUINS

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
    Marchand-Bergeron-Jagr
    Peverley-Kelly-Seguin
    Thornton-Campbell-Paille

Chara-Seidenberg
    Bartkowski-Boychuk
    Krug-McQuaid

TOP SCORERS:

BRUINS:
    1. David Krejci- 5 G, 12 A, 17 P
    2. Nathan Horton- 5 G, 7 A, 12 P
    3. Zdeno Chara- 2 G, 9 A, 11 P

Penguins:
    1. Evgeni Malkin- 4 G, 12 A, 16 P
    2. Kris Letang- 3 G, 13 A, 16 P
    3. Sidney Crosby- 7 G, 8 A, 15 P

Goaltending Comparison:

Tomas Vokoun- 6-1-1, 1.85 GAA, .941 Save %

Tuukka Rask- 8-4-1, 2.22 GAA, .928 Save %

Players To Watch:

Evgeni Malkin- Did not play in any games this year against the B's, 14 points in last 10 games against the B's

James Neal- 5 goals, 7 points in last 2 games

Patrice Bergeron- Leads NHL with a 63.5 FO% during the playoffs

David Krejci- Leads NHL with 17 points

vCash
    I don't see the schedule yet. I am thinking we will start Tuesday or Wednesday.

I have to keep my opinions to myself so I don't get in trouble in the NHL forum. Boston will be the toughest opponent we face and could just as well knock us off.
    I just HATE reading the 'well if so and so on my team does 'this', the Pens are in for a world of hurt'.

NO ****! The same could be said for any player and any situation, for any team.

vCash
    TBH, the main board here is annoying as hell. There is so much Pens hatred and trolls there. I'll post this here, because I'll be called a homer if I post it on the main board.

Some of my thoughts on the Bruins:

- I think the biggest key to the series is the Bruins PK vs the Pens PP. The Bruins PK is struggling somewhat in the playoffs, but I feel like they always play the Pens tough on the PP. I love the Bruins aggressive nature on the PK... Their motto is to not be outmanned on the PK and they support each other well. They really push the points and with Letang and Geno back there, they will get their chances shorthanded.

That March 12th game was pivotal for the Pens, because that changed how they killed penalties. Byslma came out in the second period after watching the Bruins aggressive PK, and changed his passive box into the much more aggressive wedge + 1.

This change made a huge difference in how the Pens were able to kill penalties.

- the Bruins are highly disciplined with their sticks and when they are able to set into their zones defensively, they almost always have their feet and sticks pointed in the right direction. They are very good at tying up sticks and passing off assignments.

- with that said, like most teams, the Bruins are susceptible to the cycle if you can get the puck deep and be aggressive. The Rangers really sat back into their passive, collapsing 1-2, but the Leafs attacked the Bruins with stretch passes and an aggressive 2-1 that was giving the Bruins fits.

- the Bruins are going to cycle the puck on the Pens much better then the Sens. I can honestly say that the Bruins won't be able to cycle as well as the Isles did though because the Isles put on a cycling clinic in the Pens end. The difference here is the Bruins have more size and will use it when the cycle gets pucks on net. The Pens ability to minimize the Bruins garbage rebounds and greasy goals will be another big key to the series.

- the Bruins are going to own the dot. This is another area the Bruins will have an advantage. Offensive draws will be key because the Bruins will get the puck back quickly and on net, where their big bodies will be crashing and looking for loose pucks. This is probably my single biggest worry of this matchup as a Pens fan.

Hopefully Byslma has his triggerman tying up his man so the Bruins don't get clean wins.This will have to be an all around team effort from the Pens to control the major advantage the Bruins will have in the dot.

PAUL MARTIN FOR TEAM USA?

vCash
    Also, here's a great article on Vokoun and Fleury: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...sation-689139/

vCash
    besides winning the cup, nothing would make me happier than ending those degenerate mass-holes' season
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Hate the Bs lets go

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm2054 View Post
    Hate the Bs lets go
    hate that whole racist, degenerate, addict-riddled city (mostly from a sports perspective, but in other ways, as well)

it's a shame, too, because it's (aesthetically) a beautiful city rich with culture and history
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Yeah, Boston's a beautiful city. Too bad their inhabitants are a-holes. Almost as bad as New Yorkers. Almost.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
    Yeah, Boston's a beautiful city. Too bad their inhabitants are a-holes. Almost as bad as New Yorkers. Almost.
    hey now... i'm a NYer

sadface
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    hey now... i'm a NYer

sadface
    Whenever I went there, people were genuinely rude, so maybe that's why I have an opinion like that. I've never been flipped off more times in an hour there haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
    Whenever I went there, people were genuinely rude, so maybe that's why I have an opinion like that. I've never been flipped off more times in an hour there haha
    if you were standing in the middle of a crowded sidewalk during a congested time or rush hour, that's to be expected. otherwise, sorry for you experience. it's truly one of the greatest and most diverse cities in the world (i say this having traveled to many different cities in america, and several countries abroad). food, culture, architecture, music, history... NYC has it all. especially food!

i live in miami now (on the beach, no less), and not a day goes by that i don't miss NYC and all it has to offer.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    If for nothing else, I want to beat Boston just so Jagr losses out. I personally like the Bruins but I'll be so pissed if Jagr makes it to the Finals and even more so if he wins. He could have been a part of this team and had his jersey hung from the rafters after he retired but he chose to throw it all away in the worst possible manner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk27:26308422
    If for nothing else, I want to beat Boston just so Jagr losses out. I personally like the Bruins but I'll be so pissed if Jagr makes it to the Finals and even more so if he wins. He could have been a part of this team and had his jersey hung from the rafters after he retired but he chose to throw it all away in the worst possible manner
    Ya I hate Jagr such a jagoff

vCash
    as dickish as his move was, i can never bring myself to hate jagr... i idolized him as a teen playing hockey. had his gear, emulated his style of play... the whole 9. he'll always have a special place in my pens-fan heart.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Bruins fans are already *****ing about officiating and the series hasn't even started yet. They're making their excuses for when they lose. It's really sad, honestly.

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast