Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 65
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    29,286
    vCash
    1500

    Leafs have interest in Turris?

    There have been some preliminary discussions on the possibility of a deal between the Leafs and Coyotes although Kurt Overhart, Turris’ agent, may be the driving force in any chats that have taken place.
    http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...tion-for-leafs

    Take this for what it is, very early discussion. Turris, by the sounds of it, just wants out of Phoenix with his contract demands. Now I wouldn't be prepared to just hand him whatever he wants but he was selected third overall a few years ago(probably drafted way too high) but this may be a great buy-low chance to pick up another good young center. Colbourne isn't ready and Bozak may or may not be in the future plans. If you can center a deal around Bozak and a pick then I say go for it. Opportunities like this don't come a long often.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    24,698
    vCash
    1000
    Doubt you can land Turris with the deal around Bozak. Toronto's set in the middle with Kadri, Colborne, Grabovski, Connolly, Lombardi, and Bozak.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    29,286
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Doubt you can land Turris with the deal around Bozak. Toronto's set in the middle with Kadri, Colborne, Grabovski, Connolly, Lombardi, and Bozak.
    Kadri-Not a center anymore
    Grabovski-Pending UFA, may test the market
    Colbourne-Needs AHL time
    Lombardi-questionable
    Connolly-Stop-gap
    Bozak-Was pretty awful last year


    Fact is we still need more young centers. It's still a weak point in the system.

  4. #4
    Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,295
    vCash
    1500
    Bozak would make sense for the Yotes because of his price tag. I think it would take Bozak plus a pick or prospect to land Turris. I'd try for something bigger like Grabovski, Bozak and a 2nd in 2012 for Turris and Phoenix's 1st in 2012.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    24,698
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by halladaymvp View Post
    Kadri-Not a center anymore
    Grabovski-Pending UFA, may test the market
    Colbourne-Needs AHL time
    Lombardi-questionable
    Connolly-Stop-gap
    Bozak-Was pretty awful last year


    Fact is we still need more young centers. It's still a weak point in the system.
    Kadri could still be moved to center within the next year or so.
    Grabovski will probably be re-signed, IMO. He's a elite second liner.
    I agree, but it's not like Turris is going to come in and centre that first line right away.
    Agreed with Lombardi. When playing his best, he's an awesome second liner.
    Connolly - Agreed, but with him here for two years, where does Turris fit in? He needs time to play.
    Bozak - I thought he was so and so. He had so much pressure on him because of the fact that he and Kessel were awesome to finish the season. I love his two-way game tbh. Good third liner for now, and the future.

    I just don't see where he fits in right now.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Valley
    Posts
    278
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Kadri could still be moved to center within the next year or so.
    Grabovski will probably be re-signed, IMO. He's a elite second liner.
    I agree, but it's not like Turris is going to come in and centre that first line right away.
    Agreed with Lombardi. When playing his best, he's an awesome second liner.
    Connolly - Agreed, but with him here for two years, where does Turris fit in? He needs time to play.
    Bozak - I thought he was so and so. He had so much pressure on him because of the fact that he and Kessel were awesome to finish the season. I love his two-way game tbh. Good third liner for now, and the future.

    I just don't see where he fits in right now.
    Two way game? Players with a two way game aren't -29.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    24,698
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigred91 View Post
    Two way game? Players with a two way game aren't -29.
    Eh, I think his is ok. Yes, he struggled, but he was pretty good at times. Against my Wings last season when we beat you guys 4-1 or something like that, he was really the best player on the ice. He was everywhere. He forechecked, backchecked, and threw his weight around. He has some strong potential there.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St Catharines
    Posts
    3,593
    vCash
    1500
    the whole team struggled..I wouldn't put the blame solely on bozak..kessel wasn't that much better anyways.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Barrie, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,174
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Eh, I think his is ok. Yes, he struggled, but he was pretty good at times. Against my Wings last season when we beat you guys 4-1 or something like that, he was really the best player on the ice. He was everywhere. He forechecked, backchecked, and threw his weight around. He has some strong potential there.
    I think your getting Bozak confused with Tim Brent. IMHO i think we should of resigned Brent instead of Bozak.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    6,577
    vCash
    1500
    Tim Brent blocked 3 or 4 shots in a row in one game and everyone got a chub. He's got no offensive upside on a team starved for it. Signing him over Bozak would of been mental. Bozak's our best faceoff guy and he's stilll young enough to have untapped talent. I'm not saying he's going to turn into a beast or anything, but the fact is if you think Bozak or Brent, it's Bozak. We're full of border line second liners and third liners. Take offensive upside that comes with faceoff prowless anyday.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30,879
    vCash
    1500
    If we went into the season with Connolly - Grabovski - Turris down the middle we'd be pretty well off.

    I'd really hate to do this but something along the lines of Matt Frattin, Tyler Bozak and Jesse Blacker or something would be a somewhat decent offer, maybe a little much but you have to give to get. Turris still has loads of potential and is only 22 for another 11 months.
    dont have a seizure cwick


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,775
    vCash
    1500
    This rumour has been around long enough that it probably has some legs to it. You can never have too much of a good thing in terms of young centers. Chances are most of them won't stick anyways. Its easier to send a Center to the wing than bring a winger back to Center.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    29,286
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post
    Tim Brent blocked 3 or 4 shots in a row in one game and everyone got a chub. He's got no offensive upside on a team starved for it. Signing him over Bozak would of been mental. Bozak's our best faceoff guy and he's stilll young enough to have untapped talent. I'm not saying he's going to turn into a beast or anything, but the fact is if you think Bozak or Brent, it's Bozak. We're full of border line second liners and third liners. Take offensive upside that comes with faceoff prowless anyday.
    I never understood the hard-ons for Brent either. Everyone remembers that one great game he had and lost their minds. You wanna win a cup? yeah, you can't have Tim Brent playing regular minutes if you wanna win. He's an AHL plugger.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    south of toronto
    Posts
    876
    vCash
    1500
    sweet!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    510
    vCash
    1500
    I wouldn't give up a ton for him maybe Jussi Ryanns and a Dman and a pick

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •