Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Leafs have interest in Turris?

There have been some preliminary discussions on the possibility of a deal between the Leafs and Coyotes although Kurt Overhart, Turris’ agent, may be the driving force in any chats that have taken place.
    http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...tion-for-leafs

Take this for what it is, very early discussion. Turris, by the sounds of it, just wants out of Phoenix with his contract demands. Now I wouldn't be prepared to just hand him whatever he wants but he was selected third overall a few years ago(probably drafted way too high) but this may be a great buy-low chance to pick up another good young center. Colbourne isn't ready and Bozak may or may not be in the future plans. If you can center a deal around Bozak and a pick then I say go for it. Opportunities like this don't come a long often.

vCash
    Doubt you can land Turris with the deal around Bozak. Toronto's set in the middle with Kadri, Colborne, Grabovski, Connolly, Lombardi, and Bozak.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Doubt you can land Turris with the deal around Bozak. Toronto's set in the middle with Kadri, Colborne, Grabovski, Connolly, Lombardi, and Bozak.
    Kadri-Not a center anymore
    Grabovski-Pending UFA, may test the market
    Colbourne-Needs AHL time
    Lombardi-questionable
    Connolly-Stop-gap
    Bozak-Was pretty awful last year

Fact is we still need more young centers. It's still a weak point in the system.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Bozak would make sense for the Yotes because of his price tag. I think it would take Bozak plus a pick or prospect to land Turris. I'd try for something bigger like Grabovski, Bozak and a 2nd in 2012 for Turris and Phoenix's 1st in 2012.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by halladaymvp View Post
    Kadri-Not a center anymore
    Grabovski-Pending UFA, may test the market
    Colbourne-Needs AHL time
    Lombardi-questionable
    Connolly-Stop-gap
    Bozak-Was pretty awful last year

Fact is we still need more young centers. It's still a weak point in the system.
    Kadri could still be moved to center within the next year or so.
    Grabovski will probably be re-signed, IMO. He's a elite second liner.
    I agree, but it's not like Turris is going to come in and centre that first line right away.
    Agreed with Lombardi. When playing his best, he's an awesome second liner.
    Connolly - Agreed, but with him here for two years, where does Turris fit in? He needs time to play.
    Bozak - I thought he was so and so. He had so much pressure on him because of the fact that he and Kessel were awesome to finish the season. I love his two-way game tbh. Good third liner for now, and the future.

I just don't see where he fits in right now.

vCash
    Kadri could still be moved to center within the next year or so.
    Grabovski will probably be re-signed, IMO. He's a elite second liner.
    I agree, but it's not like Turris is going to come in and centre that first line right away.
    Agreed with Lombardi. When playing his best, he's an awesome second liner.
    Connolly - Agreed, but with him here for two years, where does Turris fit in? He needs time to play.
    Bozak - I thought he was so and so. He had so much pressure on him because of the fact that he and Kessel were awesome to finish the season. I love his two-way game tbh. Good third liner for now, and the future.

I just don't see where he fits in right now.
    Two way game? Players with a two way game aren't -29.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigred91 View Post
    Two way game? Players with a two way game aren't -29.
    Eh, I think his is ok. Yes, he struggled, but he was pretty good at times. Against my Wings last season when we beat you guys 4-1 or something like that, he was really the best player on the ice. He was everywhere. He forechecked, backchecked, and threw his weight around. He has some strong potential there.

vCash
    the whole team struggled..I wouldn't put the blame solely on bozak..kessel wasn't that much better anyways.

vCash
    Eh, I think his is ok. Yes, he struggled, but he was pretty good at times. Against my Wings last season when we beat you guys 4-1 or something like that, he was really the best player on the ice. He was everywhere. He forechecked, backchecked, and threw his weight around. He has some strong potential there.
    I think your getting Bozak confused with Tim Brent. IMHO i think we should of resigned Brent instead of Bozak.

vCash
    Tim Brent blocked 3 or 4 shots in a row in one game and everyone got a chub. He's got no offensive upside on a team starved for it. Signing him over Bozak would of been mental. Bozak's our best faceoff guy and he's stilll young enough to have untapped talent. I'm not saying he's going to turn into a beast or anything, but the fact is if you think Bozak or Brent, it's Bozak. We're full of border line second liners and third liners. Take offensive upside that comes with faceoff prowless anyday.

vCash
    If we went into the season with Connolly - Grabovski - Turris down the middle we'd be pretty well off.

I'd really hate to do this but something along the lines of Matt Frattin, Tyler Bozak and Jesse Blacker or something would be a somewhat decent offer, maybe a little much but you have to give to get. Turris still has loads of potential and is only 22 for another 11 months.
    dont have a seizure cwick

vCash
    This rumour has been around long enough that it probably has some legs to it. You can never have too much of a good thing in terms of young centers. Chances are most of them won't stick anyways. Its easier to send a Center to the wing than bring a winger back to Center.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post
    Tim Brent blocked 3 or 4 shots in a row in one game and everyone got a chub. He's got no offensive upside on a team starved for it. Signing him over Bozak would of been mental. Bozak's our best faceoff guy and he's stilll young enough to have untapped talent. I'm not saying he's going to turn into a beast or anything, but the fact is if you think Bozak or Brent, it's Bozak. We're full of border line second liners and third liners. Take offensive upside that comes with faceoff prowless anyday.
    I never understood the hard-ons for Brent either. Everyone remembers that one great game he had and lost their minds. You wanna win a cup? yeah, you can't have Tim Brent playing regular minutes if you wanna win. He's an AHL plugger.

vCash
    sweet!

vCash
    I wouldn't give up a ton for him maybe Jussi Ryanns and a Dman and a pick

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast