Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Best 60 Minutes Since...?

What a satisfying 60 minutes of hockey played by the Leafs tonight. Good hustle throughout the whole game, and despite a few penalties called, I would still label them with great discipline. Jonus Gustavsson played his best game. Judging from that first period save off of Steve Sullivan, he has found a way to manage his nerves. Tim Connolly had an outstanding game too, demonstrating the kind of chemistry Brian Burke and Ron Wilson were hoping to develop on the first line.

vCash
    cmon gustavsson was still meh IMO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxeryll View Post

He was unreal...yeah the goals were bad rebounds, but the defense didnt help him at all, and he made some ridiculous saves to keep us in it.

vCash
    Gustavson was one of the reasons we won this game... I don't know what game you were watching?!

vCash
    ya not to mention he had almost no chance on the third goal...i think he played great if we get that from him tomorrow night against ottawa we should be fine.nice to see both top lines rolling,wonder what kulemin and grabo are going to get money wise next season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T.O. RaPz--Le@F View Post

He was unreal...yeah the goals were bad rebounds, but the defense didnt help him at all, and he made some ridiculous saves to keep us in it.
    ya he made some good saves but he still allowed goals on rebounds he could have secured. I dunno, maybe Im just blinded by my hate towards him.

vCash
    ya he made some good saves but he still allowed goals on rebounds he could have secured. I dunno, maybe Im just blinded by my hate towards him.
    I look at it this way. He got the job done. The saves he made that were ridiculous, outweighed the rebounds he gave up. He played a good game and got the job done.

vCash
    You're just blinded. He had a .919 sv% tonight. 3rd goal was a complete screen on Malkins point shot as Komisarek didnt pick up his man again, 2nd one was rebound that Kunitz picked up; Gustavsson had no chance to cover it up, I honestly cant remember the first goal for some reason... But come on. Hes had a bit of a rough start but he's finally healthy and he's had a decent stretch of games and found his stride so to speak. Give credit where credit is due. The guy battled hard and stole this game for them.

vCash
    he was outstanding tonight man.....i never thought id say this before but...those goals weren't gustavssons fault you cant even give the man any credit? he was bad in boston, shaky in montreal and has played great since..not saying he didnt let in bad goals in those games but he didnt let them rattle him like last year usually after 1 goal (most likely a bad one) he would loose all confidence he hasnt shown that since he took over after montreal

vCash
    Gusty was pretty damn good and has looked sharp, the goalie we wanted. He's always had that potential, he's got that raw skill but as far as a full 60 minutes by the team as a whole? yeah I dunno about that. I still wanna see more defense. I wanna see a boring New Jersey Devils style in the last 10 minutes. Absolutely no good chances for the oppostion. Protect the lead, take the 2 points. Props to Gusty, we're pretty critical of him and he stood on his head.

vCash
    he seems to forget that the goals were from the best team in the east....im happy he only let 3 goals in

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ktownguy31 View Post
    he seems to forget that the goals were from the best team in the east....im happy he only let 3 goals in
    really your happy? i guess you want him starting over reimer from now on. watch him get lit up by the sens next game. if he gives up less than 4 goals, i swear i will never post in the leafs forum again.

vCash
    really your happy? i guess you want him starting over reimer from now on. watch him get lit up by the sens next game. if he gives up less than 4 goals, i swear i will never post in the leafs forum again.
    lol dont need to do all that

vCash
    Agreed Dusty Gusty was good last night. Came up with the big saves but his rebounds are his only issue. Even with about 4:00 left he slapped an easy shot into his pads right back out with his stick. I think he just has mental mistakes once and a while but none the less I was impressed. Dion is the man, the Garbo line is still my favourite,, they play 14-17 minutes last night and the majority in the attacking zone. For not being the biggest line in the league a lot of players should take note on there forecheck style and pressure. And I am the biggest Komisarek hater out there but he seems to have it figured out so far. Hes not that annoying guy shoving everyone after the whistle either which is nice. The minutes were spread out pretty good last night so they should be able to handle ottawa back to back but its gonna be about the goalies.

vCash
    I'm really surprised they are going to have Gustavsson start again tonight...they don't let a lot of goalies start back to back nights and a guy who has been up and down like Gustavsson you gotta put him in positions to succeed. Playing back to back nights against 2 (right now) playoff teams isn't gonna help his confidence if he gets shelled.

I'm not going to be hard on Jonas if he gets destroyed tonight. Not a great situation for him.

As for last night, I would have preferred some better defence in the last 10 minutes but otherwise the Leafs played a great game. Got 2 PP goals, and were actually a PERFECT 2 for 2 on the PP, got lots of chances, played some solid defence. Gustavsson was strong. That's probably the best 60 minute game they've played this season considering they've taken at least 1 period off in pretty well every game this season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast