Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Gallagher: Vigneault stiffs Hodgson in first game of season

Have to agree with Gallagher here ...

And so it begins once again.

Just when you were thinking that reason might prevail when it came to the treatment of young players in this organization, Alain Vigneault pushed it back into the twilight zone Tuesday with his dis to the team's '08 first round draft pick Cody Hodgson.

In a year when Ryan Kesler is hurt and there is finally an opportunity to get the gifted kid a bona fide look in a top six spot in his right position, the first signal the player gets from his coach is yet another shot across the bow.
    http://www.theprovince.com/business/...936/story.html

The Calgary version of the split squad Canucks was a complete waste of time for Hodgson and for Schneider (not to mention the entire organization, why bother if you're going to ice a "lineup" like that?). Brutal really. But Gallagher has it right about Hodgson especially IMO. When does Gillis step in a lay down the law with AV about his treatment of Gillis' first pick? Thoughts?

vCash
    It would/will be interesting to see if there is an explanation in answer to Tony's article.

I do, however, think Coach V might be unfairly singled out on this one as I would expect that Mr. Gillis had more to do with who was playing where last night....

vCash
    It is a serious issue and ill start to worry if hodgson gets crap linemates in non splitsquad games. Im sure AVs response to this is "he wants to see cody handle adversity."
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Poor Cody. If Cody demanded a trade from this organization, I would not be surprised or disappointed with the way we have handled him. Virtually everyone around him drafted in the first round of 08 is in the NHL or has had their fair shot (minus a few guys). It makes me sick the way we have handled him and Schroeder as well.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Don't know if it's in response to the criticism or not but tonight AV is playing Hodgson with Nolan. I'm one of those guys who still has hope for Nolan, so I hope Cody playing with a vet like that shows some chemistry. Just give the poor guy someone to work with!!

btw Cody had some high praise for Nolan on radio today. Said he still had it in him FWIW.

vCash
    CoHo looked pretty good out there last night. So did Nolan. Cody is moving well and moving the puck well but he still doesn't have a lot of options to pass too. A lot of times he seemed glued to the puck when you would have wanted to see him make a pass. Problem is: to who?

But among all the minor leaguers on the ice he stood out. It would be pointless to send him back down with them when the season begins. He needs to earn his time on the second line, but at the same time, he needs to get a chance on the second line with some bonafide wingers (not saying Nolan isn't btw) to get his rhythm.