Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

The disrespect has gone too far!!

I sent this to the Daily Snooze! No matter how you feel about what happen this is a classless act! A NY player wins a batting title and this is how he is treated? I bet other players when considering NY love seeing something like this.

I would like to thank you for your tasteless derogatory headline! Batting Chump! What a wonderful way to congratulate the winner of the batting crown! I am so impressed by this I feel the need to take action. I will be using every possible Internet and any other means possible to show my displeasure with this! On all sports message boards,facebook and any other way I am in contact with others I will be asking them to stop buying the Daily News and to boycott them until a PUBLIC APOLOGY is given to Jose Reyes ! A headline much like the one today is the only acceptable apology! I heave read the Daily news every day for over 40 years and TODAY IS THE LAST ONE! And I hope many join me in that!!! And I will ask Met season ticket holders and fans to contact the NY Mets and request all Daily News press passes be revoked!

vCash
    I'M WITH YOU, BRUTHA! Where do I sign????

vCash
    Something tells me the headline would have been different had Derek Jeter won the batting title in the same fashion.

vCash
    YA THINK? lol I notice how they didn't mention how girardi tanked the game to the rays either?

vCash
    Reyes did act like a chump and that is a fact and the Daily News has every write to say that with no need for an apology. Jose Reyes hasn't won 4 World Series ring nor does he have the overall cache to be void of such criticism. The guy has barely played over the past three seasons and on a day that might possibly be his last on the team , he sits. The fans that came out yesterday were true die hard fans who wanted to see their team of choice for one last day and though they didn't have much to root for they still came. Reyes did the classless thing and sat. When Jeter missed a funeral it was acknowledged all over the place, if Reyes did that no one would mention it but then again he isnt held to the same standard that Jeter is ,because he isn't Jeter.
    Jose had less at bats than many of the other players and if I was him I would have been embarrassed to sit , but he wasn't . He may be a great guy and maybe the term Chump is a bit harsh but he wasn't setting an example that I would want my son or daughter to follow ,and on the last day of the season that should be a ball players main concern. This makes Jose leaving a lot more tolerable for me and clearly his manager was not in favor of the move as we saw in the post game press conference. I do personally wish Braun would have went 3 for 4 and won the award.

BTW: I dont buy the Daily News because it is a piece of **** newspaper that glorifies the news similar to the way Fox news and other outlets do and this story does follow along those lines. Look at the way they treated the Rex Ryan situation with his wife and numerous other stories over the years.
    K-Rod = Johan 22 wins and World Series number 3

vCash
    the fact the many players over the years have done the same thing I guess is irrelevant. The fact that he may not return for sure is irrelevant. The fact that he would have won anyway since Braun took an ofer. And the fact that now matter how you try to justify what the dopey news did you can't. It was so low class it is pathetic. And I can guarantee one thing for you. There was not one fan that was at the game who came solely to see Reyes play!

vCash
    I read the Daily News every day and it is full of Yankee fans. The entire sports section has season tickets pretty much.
    Wilpons please release the fans from prison and SELL THIS TEAM. Bring back Paulies Girls. Please do not let prudes and hypocrites ruin some fun. PSD is an adult site, adults should not be offended by sexy women in small clothing.

vCash
    i can't believe people still read the daily news... or the post. it's pretty sad when they have to come up with an obvious mets-baiting headline in order to sell their rag.
    Last edited by tsunami; 09-29-2011 at 06:55 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tsunami View Post
    i can't believe people still read the daily news... or the post. it's pretty sad when they have to come up with an obvious mets-baiting headline in order to sell their rag.
    I like it better than the other local papers.
    Last edited by GoNyMetsGo; 09-29-2011 at 06:58 PM.
    Wilpons please release the fans from prison and SELL THIS TEAM. Bring back Paulies Girls. Please do not let prudes and hypocrites ruin some fun. PSD is an adult site, adults should not be offended by sexy women in small clothing.

vCash
    ^wow that was awful on my part

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tsunami View Post
    ^wow that was awful on my part
    No one knows since I made the same correction you did. Its going to be funny when others start asking WTF?

vCash
    inside joke I guess???

vCash
    Everyone should give Reyes a break. He gave Mets fans something no one else ever did. A batting champ. You should all be on Jason Bay and others who took them selve out of the last week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JGibbs View Post
    the fact the many players over the years have done the same thing I guess is irrelevant. The fact that he may not return for sure is irrelevant. The fact that he would have won anyway since Braun took an ofer. And the fact that now matter how you try to justify what the dopey news did you can't. It was so low class it is pathetic. And I can guarantee one thing for you. There was not one fan that was at the game who came solely to see Reyes play!
    They prob went to watch Miguel Batista
    K-Rod = Johan 22 wins and World Series number 3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by netsmetsjets88 View Post
    They prob went to watch Miguel Batista
    They went to watch the Mets. There is evidence that shows people do not show up more for any particular player. People make this claim but evidence proves the claim is false.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast