Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Will Nolan make the team?

Do you think Owen Nolan will make the team this year? There doesn't seem to be a spot for him right now even with Kesler/Raymond out.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Do you think Owen Nolan will make the team this year? There doesn't seem to be a spot for him right now even with Kesler/Raymond out.
    If he's in game shape and still has his skills, he could add some power on the right wing to the second line. It's a bit of a stretch considering his age, but if he's up to it physically he could add an element of power and skill this team is desperate for. Can't say if he'll be up to it. We'll have to see. But there's no doubt how useful he'd be if he could play like he once did. Who knows ...

Right player, likely 10 years too late. But he did play well in Switz last year.

vCash
    Honestly, if given some PP time, I could see Nolan hitting 20 goals. He was surprisingly good in Minnesota two years ago, and should have got a contract last season.

vCash
    Every time I get excited about veterans I get let down . Most recently Sundin. I think he has a chance but I will not get my hopes up.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    Every time I get excited about veterans I get let down . Most recently Sundin. I think he has a chance but I will not get my hopes up.
    Yeah I know what you mean. But on the other hand, is there really any doubt that a power forward like him is exactly what we need?

Too bad it's so tough to find one.