Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Texas, ACC have Discussed Realignment

Thought this was interesting. Was thinking we should make a thread about conference realignment with how things have been shaping out.

A high-ranking Texas source said that the ACC has been in contact with Texas, but added that talks hadn't progressed to a mature phase. In fact, the source wasn't sure what other schools the ACC would look to add besides Texas.

Don't take that to mean it won't work.

The ACC is willing to talk about a unique conference format that has intrigued Texas. Instead of divisions, the conference could be divided into four pods, with each pod containing four teams, to aid scheduling.

So don't completely fall asleep on the ACC, although Texas would probably prefer it bring along at least one partner, probably Texas Tech.
    http://www.statesman.com/sports/long...inglePage=true

I doubt it happens but I would be very stoked if it did.

vCash
    This would be great.

vCash
    ray:

vCash
    That would be awesome plain and simple
    DUKE.

vCash
    I'm not sure I get it. Would certainly be a curve ball.

vCash
    Agree with the OP, doubt it happens but it would be sick if it did.

vCash
    The article says that Texas are looking at 3 different options away from the Big 12, but yah I would be ecstatic.

vCash
    I doubt the ACC would bring in Texas Tech, the academics suck too bad. Texas is a fit academically, but they might have to settle for Missouri or Kansas (or both) coming along for the ride instead of TTU.
    On Cam Newton:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    I thought Kansas was going to the Big E, or is that just in BBall?

vCash
    ACC fans, be careful what you wish for. Texas does not believe in revenue sharing or playing on an even field, in fact Texas fears competition. If you let them in eventually every ACC Title game will be in Dallas and you'll experience the worst officiating your teams have ever faced whenever Texas or Texas interests are involved. That program is dirty but they do it well, hard to catch them when they pay off all the right people.

vCash
    It would be an interesting addition, They would need to move about the teams in the coastal and all. But, I think it could work.
    "Joe Montana was a product of a system, Dan Marino was a system" -- Bill Walsh

vCash
    Texas is afraid to join the SEC and they like what they saw of FSU in the 90s beating up on the ACC. I don't see how this is particularly exciting. Instead of seeing Texas play Kansas, K State, Iowa State, and Baylor they'll get to play North Carolina, Duke, Virginia, and Wake Forest. Still the same yawnfest conference that only has 2 or 3 must-see games per year.